Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23

Albania Italy Two Sicilies Wales Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    Hello Everyone,

The thread has been moved to the Autosomal section of the forum. I have stickied it as it is a very important topic.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711
    Maternal Grandfather's mtDNA: K2b1
    Paternal Grandmother’s mtDNA: U5a1

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

Afshar (12-11-2019),  Agamemnon (12-12-2019),  agent_lime (12-11-2019),  Angoliga (12-12-2019),  Defski (12-12-2019),  Erikl86 (12-17-2019),  Kathlingram (12-10-2019),  Kellebel (12-11-2019),  loxias (12-11-2019),  NixYO (12-11-2019),  okarinaofsteiner (12-12-2019),  Ruderico (12-11-2019),  Rufus191 (12-12-2019),  Saetro (12-14-2019),  Shamash (12-12-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  tatals (12-14-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Táltos View Post
    Hello Everyone,

The thread has been moved to the Autosomal section of the forum. I have stickied it as it is a very important topic.
    Thanks for that.. I keep trying to find it.. Myself and 3 or 4 others were the first to have our 23andme data into Gedmatch and worked closely mostly with John O. 8-9 years ago. I sgned in yesterday to that stark message. I accepted but tonight I removed all kits except my own( Had close family, cousins) and my father's Lazarus kit which I paid Tier 1 for 2 days ago. Will likely close mine also.
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA Gedmatch kit #GF2882351
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

MacUalraig (12-11-2019),  pmokeefe (12-11-2019),  Saetro (12-14-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Táltos (12-10-2019)

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23

Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    Thanks for that.. I keep trying to find it.. Myself and 3 or 4 others were the first to have our 23andme data into Gedmatch and worked closely mostly with John O. 8-9 years ago. I sgned in yesterday to that stark message. I accepted but tonight I removed all kits except my own( Had close family, cousins) and my father's Lazarus kit which I paid Tier 1 for 2 days ago. Will likely close mine also.
    You're welcome. I had a tough time finding it here too. I knew someone had to post it. Believe it or not I found it by searching the forum under Verogen.

It is a shame that they did not give us sufficient notice about the acquisition. I would like to know exactly why they chose this company? I never heard of Verogen prior to this. Is the owner someone Curtis or John knows? Relatives of one? I really do like that the site has helped catch killers, but this is too much.

However it is understandable that they won't be able to run it forever. I just wish they went about it differently. With this I feel that the golden age of genetic genealogy for us as the hobbyists has passed.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

Angoliga (12-12-2019),  C J Wyatt III (12-11-2019),  digital_noise (12-11-2019),  Don Felipe (12-14-2019),  glentane (12-18-2019),  JMcB (12-11-2019),  Kathlingram (12-11-2019),  Kellebel (12-11-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Suri (12-11-2019),  tatals (12-14-2019),  timberwolf (12-11-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Nationality
    Espańa
    Y-DNA (P)
    E1b1a1-Z6015
    mtDNA (M)
    HV

Spain Spain Extremadura
    It could have been worse: Mark Zuckerberg would have acquired it.

Now we can compare our DNA with the worst killers.
    Charles Manson counts as an ancient ancestor?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JJJ For This Useful Post:

Defski (12-12-2019),  Kellebel (12-11-2019),  NixYO (12-11-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Táltos (12-11-2019)

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23

https://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing...a-index-system
    FBI Approves Verogen Forensic Sequencing System for National DNA Index System
    May 03, 2019 | staff reporter
    NEW YORK (GenomeWeb) – Verogen said today that the FBI has approved its forensic DNA sequencing system, the MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System, for use by forensic laboratories for generating DNA profiles for the National DNA Index System (NDIS).

Illumina and venture capital firm Telegraph Hill Partners founded Verogen two years ago to commercialize Illumina's sequencing technology for use in forensics. Verogen is the sole provider and has global commercial rights to Illumina's MiSeq FGx system and associated sample prep kits and software.

San Diego-based Verogen said the MiSeq FGx is the first NDIS-approved system that uses next-gen sequencing technology. It includes the ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep kit, the MiSeq FGx sequencing platform, and ForenSeq Universal Analysis software and allows scientists to analyze up to 231 genomic markers simultaneously, enabling them to develop detailed profiles from degraded, mixed, and limited biological evidence samples.

"Obtaining NDIS approval is an enormous step forward for the forensic genomics community, and for mainstream adoption of this technology," said Verogen CEO Brett Williams in a statement.

"NGS enables us to efficiently generate more comprehensive and useful data," said Jenifer Smith, director of the Department of Forensic Sciences, in a statement. "This means we will be able to aid more investigations and close more cases." Smith's group was part of a consortium of US forensic labs to submit validation data to the FBI as part of the NDIS approval process.

The MiSeq FGx is available worldwide and had already been approved for use in the national DNA databases of France and the Netherlands.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

C J Wyatt III (12-11-2019),  JMcB (12-11-2019),  karwiso (12-11-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT248579
    mtDNA (M)
    H5

United States of America Canada
    Given the situation that GEDmatch has been propelled into over the last year or so, I think that it could no longer exist as a cottage industry (business) and needed help, especially on legal front.

I started separating with GEDmatch myself when it changed to the Genesis version, so I am not traumatized by the latest change.

However, I'll give it a chance and see what happens.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C J Wyatt III For This Useful Post:

Rufus191 (12-12-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Táltos (12-11-2019)

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23

https://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing...ocus-forensics
    Illumina and Telegraph Hill Partners Launch Verogen, Inc. to Drive Adoption of Next-Generation Sequencing in the Global Forensic Genomics Market
    San Diego–(BUSINESS WIRE)—August 24, 2017– Illumina Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN) today announced plans with Telegraph Hill Partners (THP), a San Francisco-based venture capital and growth equity firm, to establish Verogen, Inc. The independent new company has certain exclusive rights to provide Illumina’s forensic sequencing technology to forensic customers, including for criminal casework and other human and nonhuman forensic applications. The creation of Verogen enables an unprecedented focus on accelerating growth of Illumina’s leading next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology in the forensic genomics market.

Illumina will continue to manufacture the MiSeq FGx™ Instrument and core sequencing consumables. During a short transition period, Illumina will provide products, sales and marketing, and service and support to forensic customers while forensic staff and infrastructure transition to the Verogen business. The companies, together in partnership, assure a smooth transition and experience for customers.

“Verogen will build on Illumina’s past efforts by focusing on innovation, development, and commercialization of forensic genomics products, built on a deep understanding of how to improve the science behind the use of genetic data in matters of justice,” said Dawn Barry, Vice President, New and Emerging Markets at Illumina. “The MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System continues to lead the transition to NGS, and we believe the best way to realize the full potential of this business is to create a company with a management team dedicated to using genomics to make a safer and more just world.”

The MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System has been deployed in operational crime laboratories, private service labs, and forensic research institutes worldwide. Significant gains toward the implementation of the system into routine forensic casework were made in 2016 and the earliest adopters are expected to go live this year.

“The power of genomics to serve the forensic market while improving justice and public safety, provides a strong case for the need to address remaining barriers to NGS adoption in crime laboratories as quickly as possible,” said Paul Grossman, Venture Partner, at THP. “We believe that Illumina’s market-leading NGS technology and our team of dedicated forensic experts, in combination with the growth capital and resources that THP provides, position Verogen and its customers for long-term success.”

Verogen is headquartered in the San Diego area. It will be the sole provider of the MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System, including the MiSeq FGx sequencer, ForenSeqTM DNA Signature Prep Kit, and the ForenSeq Universal Analysis Software, and has global commercial rights to these products. The Company is committed to the robust, reliable, and continuous sale and support of these products and of other Illumina products to forensic labs, as well as to participation within the global forensic community to operationalize NGS in routine forensic genomics.

Kirk Malloy has been named Chief Executive Officer of Verogen. Malloy was an executive at Illumina for 13 years, most recently as Senior Vice President for Applied Genomics until April 2016. Cydne Holt will serve as General Manager and Chief Scientific Officer of Verogen. Holt previously managed forensic genomics at Illumina.

“Forensic customers have unique requirements and I look forward to working with them to provide the best NGS solutions for their applications,” said Malloy. “We feel we can best serve this growing market by having a singular focus and forensic-specific functionality.”

About Verogen, Inc.

Verogen, Inc. is committed to public safety and justice for all. Headquartered in the San Diego area, it develops, manufactures, and sells forensic genomics products and services, including for next-generation sequencing. For more information, visit www.verogen.com.

About Illumina

Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture, and other emerging segments. To learn more, visit www.illumina.com and follow @illumina.

About Telegraph Hill Partners

Telegraph Hill Partners is a life science focused venture capital and growth equity firm founded in 2001 and based in San Francisco. To learn more, visit www.thpartners.net.

Illumina Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, such as Illumina’s expectations regarding its financial outlook and guidance for fiscal 2017 and the launch of any products. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in any forward-looking statements are (i) our ability to further develop and commercialize our instruments and consumables and to deploy new products, services, and applications, and expand the markets, for our technology platforms; (ii) our ability to manufacture robust instrumentation and consumables; (iii) our ability to successfully identify and integrate acquired technologies, products, or businesses; (iv) our expectations and beliefs regarding future conduct and growth of the business and the markets in which we operate; (v) challenges inherent in developing, manufacturing, and launching new products and services, including the timing of customer orders and impact on existing products and services; and (vi) the application of generally accepted accounting principles, which are highly complex and involve many subjective assumptions, estimates, and judgments, together with other factors detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, or in information disclosed in public conference calls, the date and time of which are released beforehand. We undertake no obligation, and do not intend, to update these forward-looking statements, to review or confirm analysts’ expectations, or to provide interim reports or updates on the progress of the current quarter.

Illumina, Inc.
    Investors:
    Rebecca Chambers
    858-255-5243
    ir@illumina.com

or

Media:
    Eric Endicott
    858-882-6822
    pr@illumina.com

August 24th, 2017|News
    Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
    FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditTumblrPinterestVkEmai l

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

C J Wyatt III (12-11-2019),  JMcB (12-11-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

Quote Originally Posted by Táltos View Post
    With this I feel that the golden age of genetic genealogy for us as the hobbyists has passed.
    As far as autosomal gen gen goes yes.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

Táltos (12-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-FGC3712
    mtDNA (M)
    HV1a'b'c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-BY33575
    mtDNA (P)
    T1b

Austria Italy Romani Israel
    I've just deleted all my data and my Gedmatch account. What a pity but that takeover doesn't promise the best for the end consumer...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shamash For This Useful Post:

glentane (12-18-2019),  karwiso (12-11-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Táltos (12-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

Deleted my account yesterday, I have not been using Gedmatch much the last couple of years anyway, but this was the last of a series of scandals involving Gedmatch the last year, so time to leave.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to evon For This Useful Post:

dosas (12-11-2019),  glentane (12-18-2019),  K33 (12-12-2019),  karwiso (12-11-2019),  Kathlingram (12-11-2019),  sktibo (12-16-2019),  slievenamon (12-12-2019),  Solothurn (12-12-2019),  Táltos (12-13-2019)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast