Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: YFull and STR matches

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    704

    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    looks like I have to wait ...............but ftdna recently made Brooks from T-Z19945 to
    John/1f Brooks, b a1640-d 1695 Stratford, CT T-BY64684
    But he still sits in the same group as myself

    unsure where this fits as CTS1848 is below me....but I am negative for this

    I am also derived negative for BY64684 in ftdna

    I’m not sure what you mean by “he still sits in the same group” as you? Do you mean the same subclade branch on YFull or do you mean the same grouping in your Ftdna Project? The YFull Haplotree is only based on YFull kits so a downstream subclade on the Ftdna Haplotree such as T-Z19945 > T-FT6270 > T-BY64684 won’t appear on the YFull Haplotree unless both T-BY64684 kits share their BAM files with YFull and YFull considers the SNPs to be reliable.

    Ftdna groupings are at the discretion of the Project Administrators. This gentleman just tested and matched someone else with a more recent subclade branch such as T-BY64684 that you are negative for doesn’t necessarily mean that the Project Administrator will immediately update the groupings or change them in the Project.

    If you go to the YFull Public Haplotree for T-Z19945 and click on “info” next to the age estimate of 2900 ybp you’ll see that only your kit has been used thus far for the age estimate. 21 combBED SNPs = 3410 ybp. You might have to wait another month or two before YFull includes his combBED SNPs as well for the age estimation. Right now he is only on stage 3 of the 4 stage process I explained earlier.

    However, 20 Big Y differences is a lot and probably means the patrilineal connection is at least a few millennia old. You share more than 13 SNPs with him since the dawn of humanity. 13 refers to the amount of SNPs (some are not on the Haplotree) you share with him within the past 3500 years. YFull only uses matching criteria for common patrilineal subclades that are 3500 years or younger.
    Last edited by mwauthy; 01-09-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    I1 > DF29 > Z58 > Z59 > Z2041 > Z2040 >
    Z382 > S26361 > S16414 > FGC24354 > FGC24357 >
    FGC24356 > S10350 > FGC75802 > Y125947 >
    S21197 Netherlands >
    BY149414 Scotland >
    BY188003 Belgium >
    BY188570 Belgium

    YFull id: YF68407

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mwauthy For This Useful Post:

     FionnSneachta (01-09-2020),  JMcB (01-10-2020),  vettor (01-10-2020)

  3. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,394
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- BY143483
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by mwauthy View Post
    I’m not sure what you mean by “he still sits in the same group” as you? Do you mean the same subclade branch on YFull or do you mean the same grouping in your Ftdna Project? The YFull Haplotree is only based on YFull kits so a downstream subclade on the Ftdna Haplotree such as T-Z19945 > T-FT6270 > T-BY64684 won’t appear on the YFull Haplotree unless both T-BY64684 kits share their BAM files with YFull and YFull considers the SNPs to be reliable.

    Ftdna groupings are at the discretion of the Project Administrators. This gentleman just tested and matched someone else with a more recent subclade branch such as T-BY64684 that you are negative for doesn’t necessarily mean that the Project Administrator will immediately update the groupings or change them in the Project.

    If you go to the YFull Public Haplotree for T-Z19945 and click on “info” next to the age estimate of 2900 ybp you’ll see that only your kit has been used thus far for the age estimate. 21 combBED SNPs = 3410 ybp. You might have to wait another month or two before YFull includes his combBED SNPs as well for the age estimation. Right now he is only on stage 3 of the 4 stage process I explained earlier.

    However, 20 Big Y differences is a lot and probably means the patrilineal connection is at least a few millennia old. You share more than 13 SNPs with him since the dawn of humanity. 13 refers to the amount of SNPs (some are not on the Haplotree) you share with him within the past 3500 years. YFull only uses matching criteria for common patrilineal subclades that are 3500 years or younger.
    The T ftdna project person Gareth, has already written to me ...............the Brooks person is 1 step away from me in ftdna , but its more like the split is iron-age europe ( 3000 years ago )

    the marker BY64684

    I have
    BY64684 No (-) Yes C C


    so, we do not match ,

    I will need to wait on the Frush family line which is different to the Brooks......but I still think it will be over 1000 years .....................I will discuss this with the person running the Brooks line and see what she has for the Frush line.

    BTW, ..............Z19945 was set at 3410ybp and now is 2900 ybp with the Brooks sample............as they said , most likely central Europe ( Czech or Austria )

    I am 07608



    what I do not understand is that this sample
    id:ERS256892 ITA [IT-CA]i

    also has Z19945...but sits higher in the tree



    regards and all the best
    Last edited by vettor; 01-10-2020 at 01:01 AM.


    My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (01-10-2020),  mwauthy (01-10-2020)

  5. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    704

    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    The T ftdna project person Gareth, has already written to me ...............the Brooks person is 1 step away from me in ftdna , but its more like the split is iron-age europe ( 3000 years ago )

    the marker BY64684

    I have
    BY64684 No (-) Yes C C


    so, we do not match ,

    I will need to wait on the Frush family line which is different to the Brooks......but I still think it will be over 1000 years .....................I will discuss this with the person running the Brooks line and see what she has for the Frush line.

    BTW, ..............Z19945 was set at 3410ybp and now is 2900 ybp with the Brooks sample............as they said , most likely central Europe ( Czech or Austria )

    I am 07608



    what I do not understand is that this sample
    id:ERS256892 ITA [IT-CA]i

    also has Z19945...but sits higher in the tree



    regards and all the best

    YFull also includes people on their Haplotree from academic studies. However, the academic studies usually don’t have the same Y chromosome testing coverage as Ftdna kits and that is why the academic study samples are not included in the age estimations. ERS256892 is from the Sardinia Study. ERS256892 tested positive for the SNP T-CTS9984. Therefore you at least share this common patrilineal ancestor with that person from Sardinia. That is also why they are listed as T-CTS9984* on the Haplotree.

    However, in the Sardinia Study they didn’t test the SNP T-Z19945 at all so YFull does not know if this Sardinia sample is positive or negative for this subclade branch. That is why YFull made a note next to their identification number that that they could possibly fit on either subclade branch.

    Even though there are currently 8 kits on the YFull Haplotree that are positive for T-CTS9984 only 3 have been used thus far for the age estimation of 2,866 years before present because 2 of the kits are new and have not completed the 4th stage yet of YFull processing and because 3 of the kits are from academic studies and will never be included in the age estimations. When the 2 new kits complete stage 4 I expect the age estimations for T-CTS9984 and T-Z19945 to both change.
    I1 > DF29 > Z58 > Z59 > Z2041 > Z2040 >
    Z382 > S26361 > S16414 > FGC24354 > FGC24357 >
    FGC24356 > S10350 > FGC75802 > Y125947 >
    S21197 Netherlands >
    BY149414 Scotland >
    BY188003 Belgium >
    BY188570 Belgium

    YFull id: YF68407

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwauthy For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (01-10-2020),  vettor (01-10-2020)

  7. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,394
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- BY143483
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by mwauthy View Post
    YFull also includes people on their Haplotree from academic studies. However, the academic studies usually don’t have the same Y chromosome testing coverage as Ftdna kits and that is why the academic study samples are not included in the age estimations. ERS256892 is from the Sardinia Study. ERS256892 tested positive for the SNP T-CTS9984. Therefore you at least share this common patrilineal ancestor with that person from Sardinia. That is also why they are listed as T-CTS9984* on the Haplotree.

    However, in the Sardinia Study they didn’t test the SNP T-Z19945 at all so YFull does not know if this Sardinia sample is positive or negative for this subclade branch. That is why YFull made a note next to their identification number that that they could possibly fit on either subclade branch.

    Even though there are currently 8 kits on the YFull Haplotree that are positive for T-CTS9984 only 3 have been used thus far for the age estimation of 2,866 years before present because 2 of the kits are new and have not completed the 4th stage yet of YFull processing and because 3 of the kits are from academic studies and will never be included in the age estimations. When the 2 new kits complete stage 4 I expect the age estimations for T-CTS9984 and T-Z19945 to both change.
    thanks for that

    All the samples apart from ancient studies , I have spoken too ............I am hoping the frush sample ( not on list ) from Hesse germany fits with tester YF04203 , also of Hesse origin ( original surname Radich ) as this one is a 0 step from me ................it might make a difference.

    The Belgium sample is one of 3 brothers ( all tested in ftdna ) from Walloon area ............originally as they state from North-East Italy

    Regards


    My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (01-10-2020),  mwauthy (01-10-2020)

  9. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    704

    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    thanks for that

    All the samples apart from ancient studies , I have spoken too ............I am hoping the frush sample ( not on list ) from Hesse germany fits with tester YF04203 , also of Hesse origin ( original surname Radich ) as this one is a 0 step from me ................it might make a difference.

    The Belgium sample is one of 3 brothers ( all tested in ftdna ) from Walloon area ............originally as they state from North-East Italy

    Regards

    My pleasure. Most of the information I know came from people taking the time to explain it to me. Your last common patrilineal connection with sample YF04203 is T-CTS9984, so if this Frush sample shares more SNPs with that person, then your last common patrilineal connection with Frush would also be T-CTS9984. Anyhow, we won’t know for sure until they actually test/receive their Big Y-700 results.
    I1 > DF29 > Z58 > Z59 > Z2041 > Z2040 >
    Z382 > S26361 > S16414 > FGC24354 > FGC24357 >
    FGC24356 > S10350 > FGC75802 > Y125947 >
    S21197 Netherlands >
    BY149414 Scotland >
    BY188003 Belgium >
    BY188570 Belgium

    YFull id: YF68407

  10. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,394
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- BY143483
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Yfull split me into a new group a few days ago



    I expect many more branches will emerge from Z19945


    My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. My top 3 distant matches at Yfull
    By firemonkey in forum E
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 05:44 PM
  2. My yfull SNP matches .
    By firemonkey in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2020, 12:49 PM
  3. YFull STR matches
    By gstockman in forum Other
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 05-07-2019, 08:34 PM
  4. Yfull snp matches
    By firemonkey in forum E
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 04:24 AM
  5. Yfull STR matches
    By firemonkey in forum Other
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •