Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are my DNA results consistent?

Registered Users
    Sex

Are my DNA results consistent?

These are my results with 23andme, Ancestry and DNALand. Do they seem consistent and accurate with each other?

https://ibb.co/2gJ8Fts

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    Yes, seems like you are half British/irish on the one side. And on the other side, it seems like you have a middle eastern grandparent, and some sort of euromutt grandparent who's a mix of NW euro, east euro and some southern euro. Your father must of had one Arab parent and one white new world (America, Canada etc) parent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayetooey For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (01-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    Yes, seems like you are half British/irish on the one side. And on the other side, it seems like you have a middle eastern grandparent, and some sort of euromutt grandparent who's a mix of NW euro, east euro and some southern euro. Your father must of had one Arab parent and one white new world (America, Canada etc) parent.

Irish and British seems to come from my mums side because my grandparents are welsh and three of my great grandparents from my mums side are Welsh and Irish, my maternal great grandfather was Lithuanian and I genuinely don’t know about my dad or his parents but yeah it seems like one of his parents were Middle Eastern and the other was a mix of European

5. The Following User Says Thank You to miarosie For This Useful Post:

Ayetooey (01-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

DNALand is interesting, if you add up the percentage of Ashkenazi Jewish with the Arab/Egyptian, you get around 20% which is consistent with both Ancestry and 23andme showing 20% Middle Eastern.

Registered Users
    Sex

Also I must say, these tests are very accurate for mixed race people it seems. Pretty cool

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Also I must say, these tests are very accurate for mixed race people it seems. Pretty cool
    Would you say it seems accurate? Because I’m always getting told to ignore my DNA Land results because it shows Balkan

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Spanish
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M183

What do you get on Gedmatch Euregenes Jtest? There seems to be some disparity regarding your Jewish ancestry. Also what kind of matches do you get? Which ethnicity are they?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    What do you get on Gedmatch Euregenes Jtest? There seems to be some disparity regarding your Jewish ancestry. Also what kind of matches do you get? Which ethnicity are they?
    Here’s a screenshot https://ibb.co/hCnr43s

I have over 4,000 and most of them are NW European and Eastern European with about 5 of them out of 4,000 being Middle Eastern. I just recently matched with a man that’s 100% European Jewish.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    again, here's the thing with DNA.Land. If you used your 23 and Me raw data, you will likely get an increased Ashkenazi and or Balkan. I have no idea why 23 and Me (V5 files specifically) do this, its likely due to the decreased SNP counts, but I have seen it across many uploads of 23/Me v5 raw data.
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by digital_noise View Post
    again, here's the thing with DNA.Land. If you used your 23 and Me raw data, you will likely get an increased Ashkenazi and or Balkan. I have no idea why 23 and Me (V5 files specifically) do this, its likely due to the decreased SNP counts, but I have seen it across many uploads of 23/Me v5 raw data.
    I understand that. But then I have people telling to look at my matches and the majority of them are Balkan and NW European as well so I’m just trying to understand what’s right and what’s wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast