Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurogenes k15 plot map?

Registered Users
    Sex

Eurogenes k15 plot map?

I tried out the Eurogenes k15 plot map but I’m being told to ignore my results because they’re not accurate because I have a Middle Eastern grandparents, but I just want to know why it won’t be accurate for me?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    It will mid point your ancestry. Someone who is half Russian half Greek for example, will plot as a balkan slav, but they won't actually be a balkan slav in reality, it's just their half way/mid point between their two genetic groups on the k15 map. I'm half Serb half British + minor French, I plot in Austria yet someone who is half Austrian half Turkish, will probably plot like a east shifted Greek islander, yet obviously the half Austrian half Turk is more Austrian than me in reality, since he shares 50% of his genetics with Austrians through IBD (identity by descent). You plot somewhere in south east Europe if I recall, but you're 0% Balkan, so the plot map isn't that relevent for you. I hope this explanation makes sense.

Registered Users
    Sex

When I did it I plotted between Northern Italy and Bulgaria. I was being told that I couldn’t do it because of my Middle Eastern grandparent, I’m just not understanding it properly. What makes it not relevant for me because I plot there? I tried it with my ancestry and 23andme GEDMatch data and I get the same spot on the map. Sorry for being annoying I’m just trying to understand better.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Quote Originally Posted by miarosie View Post
    When I did it I plotted between Northern Italy and Bulgaria. I was being told that I couldn’t do it because of my Middle Eastern grandparent, I’m just not understanding it properly. What makes it not relevant for me because I plot there? I tried it with my ancestry and 23andme GEDMatch data and I get the same spot on the map. Sorry for being annoying I’m just trying to understand better.
    Because you're not Italian or Bulgarian, it's simply the midpoint between your ancestries, like I explained above. Someone who is half black half English will plot in north Africa, doesn't mean they are north African, it's just north africa is the middle point between their SSA and english parents, and a child is naturally a combination of their parents ancestries, just like how someone who is half russian, half greek, will plot as a south slav, but not actually be south slavic. A combination of multiple ancestries can give you false relation to specific ethnicities, based on the composition of your components. You're better off getting global 25 which can break down your individual ancestries country by country and give you an in-depth breakdown, the k15 map is worthless for you if you really want to go into more detail as it just meshes all of your diverse ethnicities together and tries to plot you as something, and you're very mixed so things aren't that simple.
    Last edited by Ayetooey; 01-11-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Banned
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    It will mid point your ancestry. Someone who is half Russian half Greek for example, will plot as a balkan slav, but they won't actually be a balkan slav in reality, it's just their half way/mid point between their two genetic groups on the k15 map. I'm half Serb half British + minor French, I plot in Austria yet someone who is half Austrian half Turkish, will probably plot like a east shifted Greek islander, yet obviously the half Austrian half Turk is more Austrian than me in reality, since he shares 50% of his genetics with Austrians through IBD (identity by descent). You plot somewhere in south east Europe if I recall, but you're 0% Balkan, so the plot map isn't that relevent for you. I hope this explanation makes sense.
    Someone half austrian half turk will plost eastern shifted greek???

Registered Users
    Sex

Because you're not Italian or Bulgarian, it's simply the midpoint between your ancestries, like I explained above. Someone who is half black half English will plot in north Africa, doesn't mean they are north African, it's just north africa is the middle point between their SSA and english parents, and a child is naturally a combination of their parents ancestries, just like how someone who is half russian, half greek, will plot as a south slav, but not actually be south slavic. A combination of multiple ancestries can give you false relation to specific ethnicities, based on the composition of your components. You're better off getting global 25 which can break down your individual ancestries country by country and give you an in-depth breakdown, the k15 map is worthless for you if you really want to go into more detail as it just meshes all of your diverse ethnicities together and tries to plot you as something, and you're very mixed so things aren't that simple.
    Ah, I got it now, thank you. I am going to try global25, it’s been recommended a lot and I hope it can paint a clearer picture.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miarosie For This Useful Post:

Ayetooey (01-12-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Someone half austrian half turk will plost eastern shifted greek???
    About as south as the C Greek dot on the k15 map, but more eastern shifted. Similar to a greek who is half pontic half mainlander or something. It was just a random example off the top of my head, don't read too much into it.

I know of a half turk half brit who plots bang on as a Greek for example, and he obviously isn't Greek. For mixed people, global25 is obviously better than some k15 map which just shows your midpoint.
    Last edited by Ayetooey; 01-12-2020 at 01:18 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayetooey For This Useful Post:

Gee (01-12-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Quote Originally Posted by miarosie View Post
    Ah, I got it now, thank you. I am going to try global25, it’s been recommended a lot and I hope it can paint a clearer picture.
    Goodluck! Post a thread with your coordinates when you get them I and others here can do some models for you, g25 can be confusing at the start.

Registered Users
    Sex

Thank you so much, I will do

Banned
    Sex

About as south as the C Greek dot on the k15 map, but more eastern shifted. Similar to a greek who is half pontic half mainlander or something. It was just a random example off the top of my head, don't read too much into it.

I know of a half turk half brit who plots bang on as a Greek for example, and he obviously isn't Greek. For mixed people, global25 is obviously better than some k15 map which just shows your midpoint.
    Yeah, i guess so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast