Thread: Neolithic farmer DNA in Somalis

Sex

Neolithic farmer DNA in Somalis

Apparently Somalis have up to 8.3 Neolithic Anatolian farmer DNA according to this spreadsheet, Look for 102 to see Somalis

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1507216515

How and why do we have this ancestry? I do recognize that both natufians and neolithic anatolians have high amount of dzudzuana ancestry.

Neolithic anatolian seem to be mixed between a dzudzuana component and unknown hunter gatherer population. Is this uhg group in anyway related to chg?

If our out of africa ancestry is straight Natufian or Natufian like why would we have Neolithic Anatolian ancestry? Did our Natufian like ancestors mix with neolithic anatolians before coming into africa?

But the weirdest thing is how on earth do we have a whg component in us which is 3,2? And a ehg component which is 0,9(is it noise?)

Maybe we received EHG and WHG from a EEF population who back-migrated to the near East and mixed with either Neolithic Anatolians or our Natufian or Natufian like ancestors. Otherwise how is this two European hunter gatherer components found in Somalis without recent European ancestry?

My theory is that our OOA ancestry component was first conceived in africa when two OOA groups migrated in similar or different waves into africa and then admixed with the larger group being the Natufian or Natufian like group and the other one being a much smaller Neolithic ancestry group. The admixed group then went southwards and mixed heavily with our SSA ancestors.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Advokaten19 For This Useful Post:

VytautusofAukstaitija (01-24-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

are you surprised by that ? and not surprised by the eurasian uni-parental dna that somalis carry ? such as levant neolithic y dna T1 , or the mtdna such as K1 , HV ,M1 ,R0 ??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebro For This Useful Post:

etrusco (01-23-2020)

Sex

I would be suprised if i knew what it meant lol? I’m new to genetics. Started three days and been heavily obsessed Barely sleept and learned so much. And why Would it be weird that we have some type of levantine neolithic descent? Is it not were a major bulk of our ancestry came from? What would eurasian Uni-parental DNA be?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Advokaten19 For This Useful Post:

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    mtDNA (M)
    L3i2

Somalia
    You should probably get some sleep then.

Somalis have no neolithic Anatolian DNA.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sum1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Advokaten19 View Post
    I would be suprised if i knew what it meant lol? I’m new to genetics. Started three days and been heavily obsessed Barely sleept and learned so much. And why Would it be weird that we have some type of levantine neolithic descent? Is it not were a major bulk of our ancestry came from? What would eurasian Uni-parental DNA be?
    Haha. Are you Somali?

All I will say is things are almost never what they seem when you start out. Things are much much more uncertain and confusing. The more you learn, the bulk of things become uncertain, but certain things become much more strongly established.

Welcome - and like @Sum1 said, you should probably get some sleep.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VytautusofAukstaitija For This Useful Post:

John Doe (01-25-2020),  sum1 (01-24-2020)

Sex

Yes Im Somali lol, yes i think i Will sleep soon lol, but i would like to know some of the questions to my answer first. Are you somali? Or lithuanian?