Sex
    Ethnicity
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF49*

Northern Ireland England Scotland Isle of Man
    I'm glad you've go some matches, DP, and a bit envious . I still have 0 matches on any level, but some day...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to David Mc For This Useful Post:

dp (05-26-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106

United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    As far as defining motifs, we both have a 2 coding region SNP differences and 2 hypervariable (control) region differences.
    Along with most of my American matches, they and I share, in addition to those defining K1a4a1c 3 additional coding region polymorphisms. Do you have any additonal polymorphisms beyond those that define K1a4a1i?
    This is my fasta breakdown: mine
    dp :-)
    Last edited by dp; 05-17-2016 at 06:24 PM.
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF49*

Northern Ireland England Scotland Isle of Man
    Hi David,

I actually have no idea. I've never moved beyond being a newbie when it comes to mtDNA-- I don't even know what "coding region SNP differences" and "hypervariable regional differences" are! I am pretty much entirely reliant on FTDNA's matching tools when it comes to knowing who my matches are (which according to them are 0). I can follow ancient DNA well enough, but even then I am entirely dependent on those who read the "code."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to David Mc For This Useful Post:

dp (05-26-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106

United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    My interests started with mtDNA, then Y-DNA. I was a bit slow to join the au crowd.
    dp :-)
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Greek, Danish/Swedish
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    K1d1
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1

Denmark Greece Sweden
    I have a personal interest in K1d1. There are less than a dozen of us that have been identified. As close as I can figure K1 migrated with G2a to an area near Nuremberg about 8k ya. Recent estimates say that K1d split off about 5.6k ya. Some papers say that K1d split off in northeastern Italy just before K1f (Otzi the Icemen). However, to my knowledge the only K1d samples that have been reported came from Poland. To my way of thinking these were probably associated with the Unetice culture although I have not seen that any have turned up in their graves. It was probably the Nordic Bronze Age trade between the Unetice and Scandinavia that brought the subclade to Denmark. The majority of K1d1 come from Denmark and since I haven't seen any K1d there then I assume that was the source of the mutation. Of course there is not a very big sample on which to base conclusions. I don't know where the other Danish K1d's are from but I know that mine is from the area of Odense on Funen. Given the history of trade in the area my working hypothesis is that the mutation arose on Funen about 700-500 BC. Other K1d1 went to the Oslo Fjord in Norway (I'm guessing when the Danes pushed out the Harudes) and to England (I'm guessing with the Angles). I would be interested in any comments, contacts, etc. that would put more light on this.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odinn For This Useful Post:

David Mc (09-03-2016),  dp (01-17-2017),  palamede (09-25-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    k1a4a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L20

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    One more thought. I belong to a very uncommon subclade, K1a4a1i-- there are only three of us so far! We were given this designation fairly recently and finally found our place in the PhyloTree. All this to say that I'm sure you will find your spot soon, especially as there are so many of by comparison.
    Interesting. I think I may join you new to the tree with the next new branch perhaps (not sure how they go about it all officially, however officially handles it, are they even aware we exist on FTDNA? what if the other perhaps didn't allow admins to see CR?). But I got my full mtDNA in today and see that I have two stable extras in the CR beyond reference k1a4a1 and that, as strongly hinted by 23+Geno, I'm negative for all current sub-groups a-i defining extras. I see that I have one exact match and one match that is distance 1. I see that I match the distance 1 guy 100% on HVR1/2 so that means our one difference must be that he lacks one of our stable CR extras. So maybe the three of us can form a new sub-branch k1a4a1j and then the two of us with both the extras can for a new sub-sub-branch k1a4a1j1. My distance zero match has a lot of ancestry just over the border from where much of my ancestry is from (although k1a4a1 isn't really supposed to go way back in our countries so I think our line heads way elsewhere, I have some vague hints maybe my strictly maternal line leaves Latvia and heads to the Netherlands? Farthest back we have traced has a Latvian living in a "Netherlands House" sort of a Tavern/Inn in a big trading city in Latvia so perhaps that implies some connection happened back to the Netherlands??? If so it might explain the bit of Oceanian my mom got since Dutch were big Oceanian explorers early on.
    Our distance 1 match trace their strictly maternal line back to the very early 1700s in Italy though. Our common ancestor with them could be many, many hundreds of years ago though perhaps.
    Last edited by wombatofthenorth; 01-14-2017 at 11:15 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wombatofthenorth For This Useful Post:

dp (01-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a10a
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1

United States of America England
    Three Neolithic examples of K1a4a1 at http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/eur...ithicdna.shtml

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J1 DYS388=13 For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-15-2017),  Camulogène Rix (01-14-2017),  dp (01-17-2017),  wombatofthenorth (01-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    k1a4a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L20

Quote Originally Posted by J1 DYS388=13 View Post
    Three Neolithic examples of K1a4a1 at http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/eur...ithicdna.shtml
    Wow so the 'e' sub-branch already formed 4500 BC.
    And even sub 'a' sub '2' sub-sub-branch by like 3000 BC.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wombatofthenorth For This Useful Post:

Camulogène Rix (01-15-2017),  dp (01-17-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern English
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a1a
    Y-DNA (P)
    Brother I2-M26 I2a1a

In order for your mtDNA to form a new branch of the tree you need first to have uploaded to genbank, and you do not mention that.
    Ian Logan has a tool to do it easily http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/checker/submission_maker.htm
    If you have already been there done that then sorry for being repetitive!
    Image “Westray wifie” replica of Neolithic figurine Hidden Content
    Out of 64 pre 1800 births 45% Cheshire, 1% Irish (or Scottish), 25% south Derbyshire, 13% Burton on Trent area (where 4 counties within 10 miles), 7% Shropshire, 1% Staffs, 8% Lancs. So far all British Isles despite what some testing companies say.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judith For This Useful Post:

dp (01-19-2017),  Saetro (01-18-2017),  wombatofthenorth (01-19-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    k1a4a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L20

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    In order for your mtDNA to form a new branch of the tree you need first to have uploaded to genbank, and you do not mention that.
    Ian Logan has a tool to do it easily http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/checker/submission_maker.htm
    If you have already been there done that then sorry for being repetitive!
    Thanks, I had not done that yet.
    I wonder what happens though if my exact match and 1 stable CR change match have not also done the same. Would they base it on a single sample?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast