Thread: Which groups have become more shifted to Europe or Levant since the fall of Rome?

Registered Users
    Sex

Which groups have become more shifted to Europe or Levant since the fall of Rome?

Which groups have become more genetically in Europe since the fall of Rome? Which groups have become more genetically in Levant/ West Asia/North Africa?

I know that some European groups, such as Southern Italians and Iberians, have been more like the MENA zone since the fall of Rome. Most Iberians are about 5-10% from North Africa, and most Sicilians are about 30-35% from Levantine / North Africa. This moves them away from the rest of Europe and closer to East Med and Levant.

I also know that some European groups, such as the Greeks and Balkans, have become more similar to Europe since the fall of Rome. Greeks are about 25-30% from the Slavs, and Serbs about 50-55% from the Slavs. This moves them away from East Med and Levant and closer to the rest of Europe.

So my question is, can anyone help create a list of groups that have been moved?
    1) from East Med to Europe
    2) from Europe to East Med
    3) in Europe, they have never changed

I usually take care of Mediterranean levantines, but other groups may also be worth knowing. I know that the Black people of America have about 20% of northern Europe, but this has nothing to do with European history because they got it in America.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Puerto Rico Cuba
    1) from East Med to Europe

Italians apparently have shifted away from East Meds after the fall of the Roman Empire. Maybe Spaniards also became closer to other Europeans after the Expulsion of the Moriscos in 1614.

2) from Europe to East Med

Could this be the case of some Germanic-speaking communities in Italy (such as the Tyrolean) and Swiss Germans?

3) in Europe, they have never changed

Basques and Sardinians have remained more or less isolated from other populations within the past 2000 years.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milkyway For This Useful Post:

Cracow (02-13-2020),  Logistic (02-10-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a CTS11962+L1029+
    mtDNA (M)
    H80

European Union Germany Italy
    judging by the roman paper the romans of italy were def. a broad east-med people with above all the south italians seem very little altered when compared to remaining post-imperial(400-600ad) late antiquity romans; in other words judging by the romans of the paper modern italians need all the east-med they can get

and in toto i reckon mediterranean peoples being primarily mediterranean should be more the norm then not
    Geno2.0 51SEURO 19WCEURO 13SCANDINAVIA 5ASIAMINOR 4EEURO 4GB/IRELAND 3ARABIA myOrigins 26ITA.PENINSULA 13GREECE&BALKANS 12SARDINIA 18GREATBRITAIN 14IRELAND 10CEN.EUROPE 8SCANDINAVIA DNA.Land 49NWEURO 27SEURO 13MED.ISLANDER 11SARDINIAN myHeritage 51.8NWEURO 33.2ITALIAN 7.9GREEK/S.ITALY 7.1BALKAN gencove 29NITALY 19EMED 15NBRITISLES 12SWEURO 10NCEURO 9SCANDINAVIA 6NEEURO GenePlaza 54.4NWEURO 37.6GREEK/ALBANIAN 5.6WASIAN 2.4SWASIA LivingDNA 70.7SGERMANIC 16.3TUSCANY 9.2N.ITALY 3.8SARDINIA

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexfritz For This Useful Post:

Cracow (02-13-2020),  JoeyP37 (02-09-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tuscan Italian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+Z36+
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a7a

United Kingdom Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfritz View Post
    in other words judging by the romans of the paper modern italians need all the east-med they can get
    What do you mean when you write "modern italians need all the east-med they can get"?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cascio For This Useful Post:

Cracow (02-13-2020),  Nino90 (02-12-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

The title itself doesn't make any sense, shifted to "North Europe" instead "shifted to Europe" unless you're implying that East Med populations aren't european.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosen For This Useful Post:

Cascio (02-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Cosen View Post
    The title itself doesn't make any sense, shifted to "North Europe" instead "shifted to Europe" unless you're implying that East Med populations aren't european.
    By East Med I mean Levant, which is not Europe. Southern Italians and Greek islanders are shifted towards the Levant and far from Europe. However, they still have European culture, language and religion.