mtDNA (M)
    M5a2a1a1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    [R1a] R-BY3873*
    mtDNA (P)
    U5a2a1*

United Kingdom England India Nishan Sahib

Exclamation R-Y879 (R-Y34241) Shout Out

I am trying to find fellow testers of haplogroup R-Y879, so please message me if this is your designated group on FTDNA.

According to the FTDNA block tree, there are at least 4 testers (including myself) who belong to this branch ie have opted to share their country of origin on the block tree.

I have found 2 of the 3 other users through the FTDNA groups (no actual contact yet made, but I have posted relevant threads in said groups), but the other Indian tester eludes me.

So if you're that Indian tester, please get in touch as I wish to enhance the definition of our shared haplotree branch on YFull:

https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y879/

For anyone wondering, I don't match with any of these testers as the average private variant count for the group is 31 and I have at least 45 which makes matching prohibitive, hence no direct contact through FTDNA.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solarius For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (02-13-2020),  Coldmountains (02-23-2020),  parasar (02-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by solarius View Post
    I am trying to find fellow testers of haplogroup R-Y879, so please message me if this is your designated group on FTDNA.

According to the FTDNA block tree, there are at least 4 testers (including myself) who belong to this branch ie have opted to share their country of origin on the block tree.

I have found 2 of the 3 other users through the FTDNA groups (no actual contact yet made, but I have posted relevant threads in said groups), but the other Indian tester eludes me.

So if you're that Indian tester, please get in touch as I wish to enhance the definition of our shared haplotree branch on YFull:

https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y879/

For anyone wondering, I don't match with any of these testers as the average private variant count for the group is 31 and I have at least 45 which makes matching prohibitive, hence no direct contact through FTDNA.
    Hello Solarius,

Hope you're doing well.

I live in London. I'm not too familiar with the DNA side of things but my uncle did a Y-Full a couple of months ago and he came out as a R-Y879.

I'm not entirely sure what it means or how it figures into the wider scheme of things but happy to explore!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmad.bismillah For This Useful Post:

parasar (08-16-2021)