Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23andme and Gedmatch results help

Sex

23andme and Gedmatch results help

Hey, I already posted this on reddit, but my Gedmatch post somehow is not showing up in the reddit, so I'm trying my luck here.
    I got the results of my 23andme test back yesterday. I have a german mother and a palestinian father. Results were a bit suprising but not too much. My haplogroups are R0a from my mother (which suprised me since it is apparently an arab haplogroup) and J-CTS5368 from my father, which is pretty normal I think. My ancestry results look like this: Unbenannt.PNG
    Again, nothing too much suprising but the high eastern european and maybe the italian (althought I have seen this in other palestinian results before aswell, so it might either be mistaken for italian or there might be a italian part in palestinians, I dont know). I have no known slavic ancestors, so I was assuming the eastern european might also be just a general part of east german DNA (my german family is from Saxony and a bit from western pommerania).
    I still tried to get more detailed results for the eastern european, so i uploaded my DNA on Gedmatch. I did several tests on Gedmatch and got many different answers. First I did Eurogenes K13 and it told me that my eastern european ancestry is from the baltic region (I suppose) 1.PNG, but the Oracle did not tell me baltic but ukrainian. It also gave me swedish ancestry instead of german. 2.PNG I then tried other tests but the results there were way too off (distance of 5+), until I made the test Dodecad K7b. This test put my european ancestry into 1 category I think (Atlantic_Baltic), which is not what I was looking for since I wanted more details, not less. 3.PNG The Oracle however was very close (distance of 0.x). But these results were made with ethnicies I doubt I have. I don't know much about my palestinian family, so maybe Samaritan, Bedouin or Druze could be in there, but I'm pretty sure I'm not french and I also don't know how I could be russian, since I don't have any known slavic ancestors and could imagine a mix of polish, czech or maybe baltic due to geographic closeness, but russian seems a bit too far... I'm also proven related to my german grandfather, so the russian can't come from the Second World War also. 4.PNG

How do I use these information now, do I use them at all, or is Gedmatch not reliable in my case?
    Also, sorry that the pictures look so weird in the text, but I don't know how to make them look better.
    Thanks for answers in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sajon332 For This Useful Post:

Claudio (02-17-2020)

Sex

I just did a Gedrosia K3 too, and got this: Attachment 36413 Attachment 36414
    The lowest distance so far (even completely 0) but the ethnicities don't make any sense again. I'm a total noob in this topic so I have no idea if this even means something for me.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ruthenian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    n/a

Russia Imperial
    Can you post Dodecad K12b and HarappaWorld?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ruthenian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    n/a

Russia Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by sajon332 View Post
    First I did Eurogenes K13 and it told me that my eastern european ancestry is from the baltic region (I suppose) 1.PNG, but the Oracle did not tell me baltic but ukrainian. It also gave me swedish ancestry instead of german. 2.PNG I then tried other tests but the results there were way too off (distance of 5+), until I made the test Dodecad K7b.
    Here is your nMonte oracle from Vahaduo

Target: #
    Distance: 1.0528% / 1.05280453
    26.8 Belorussian
    20.4 Norwegian
    15.6 Lebanese_Christian
    12.6 Yemenite_Jewish
    8.0 Lebanese_Druze
    7.4 Abhkasian
    4.2 Ethiopian_Tigray
    2.0 Bulgarian
    1.8 Georgian
    1.2 Serbian

These are the Middle Eastern/West Asian/North African pops combined:
    15.6 + 12.6 + 8 + 7.4 + 4.2 + 1.8 = 49.6%

The rest seem like a mix of Northwestern and Eastern Europe which is understandable if your German side is from Saxony. Eastern Germans have a substantial Slavic admixture from centuries ago.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    High chance your matrilineal ancestor was Jewish.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

Sex

First, thank you for your answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Can you post Dodecad K12b and HarappaWorld?
    https://imgur.com/a/OCCgj0y
    I stopped removing my Kit Number, since it is apparently not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Here is your nMonte oracle from Vahaduo

Target: #
    Distance: 1.0528% / 1.05280453
    26.8 Belorussian
    20.4 Norwegian
    15.6 Lebanese_Christian
    12.6 Yemenite_Jewish
    8.0 Lebanese_Druze
    7.4 Abhkasian
    4.2 Ethiopian_Tigray
    2.0 Bulgarian
    1.8 Georgian
    1.2 Serbian

These are the Middle Eastern/West Asian/North African pops combined:
    15.6 + 12.6 + 8 + 7.4 + 4.2 + 1.8 = 49.6%

The rest seem like a mix of Northwestern and Eastern Europe which is understandable if your German side is from Saxony. Eastern Germans have a substantial Slavic admixture from centuries ago.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    High chance your matrilineal ancestor was Jewish.
    Because of the haplogroup? Do you think that's reliable? Because it doesn't seem to be a common jewish group... Would be cool though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sajon332 For This Useful Post:

Leto (02-23-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ruthenian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    n/a

Russia Imperial
    Thanks for the kit #, that's a interesting mix.
    The Harappa results make sense too
    Lebanese Christian + Palestinian + Orcadian + Ukrainian (50/50 Levant & Central Europe)

May I ask what do you look like? More European or Middle Eastern? Maybe Italian, Greek?

Sex

I would say I look completely european, I have green eyes, light skin and dark blonde hair, so I would say I look german but I also have heard polish or russian before. But my sister looks more middle eastern.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ruthenian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    n/a

Russia Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by sajon332 View Post
    I would say I look completely european, I have green eyes, light skin and dark blonde hair, so I would say I look german but I also have heard polish or russian before. But my sister looks more middle eastern.
    Cool!
    Here you can have a look at another Palestinian/Western European mix (the Pali side is Christian though)
    Link

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leto For This Useful Post:

sajon332 (02-23-2020)

Sex

Thanks
    Interesting, how she ends up being closest to italian while I'm closest to southern balkan countries, even though our mix is kinda similar!
    Edit: Thought about it and it might come from the high eastern european I have
    Last edited by sajon332; 02-23-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast