Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 23andme and Gedmatch results help

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    High chance your matrilineal ancestor was Jewish.
    Hey, I don't want to bother you but I googled and found similar claims that it is either arabic or jewish origin and it made me curious. I couldn't find a research article that mentions a jewish origin though. Also my maternal side has no known arabic or jewish connections. Could you tell me why you came to that conclusion and if you know a way to find more about that origin, aside from normal ancestor research?

Suspended Account
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by sajon332 View Post
    Hey, I don't want to bother you but I googled and found similar claims that it is either arabic or jewish origin and it made me curious. I couldn't find a research article that mentions a jewish origin though. Also my maternal side has no known arabic or jewish connections. Could you tell me why you came to that conclusion and if you know a way to find more about that origin, aside from normal ancestor research?
    Given that your matrilineal side is from Germany, it seems like the most likely scenario. If yours is of Jewish origin, you're not the first, nor the last to not know of such an ancestor. Best you can do is get a MTDNA test and see who your closest matches are. Perhaps others can comment on the distribution and origin(s) of R0a among Germans.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

Sex

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late reply. I will wait for my mother's results and Think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12