Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vahaduo results?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by miarosie View Post
    I don’t think he was british, I would’ve scored more on my ancestry and 23andme calcs if that were the case? I only have two Middle Eastern matches and they haven’t logged in in over two years so I doubt there’s going to be any help there aha
    Because I only get 49% for british, so wouldn’t it be higher if that were the case?

Registered Users
    Sex

Because I only get 49% for british, so wouldn’t it be higher if that were the case?
    And with ancestry I only get 19% England and Wales and 28% Ireland and Scotland

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    I don’t think he was british, I would’ve scored more on my ancestry and 23andme calcs if that were the case? I only have two Middle Eastern matches and they haven’t logged in in over two years so I doubt there’s going to be any help there aha
    My mother is 7/8th British and scores 42.5% only on 23andme so I don't find your 49% low for someone who is 5/8th British. Aside from your 1/8th Lithuanian and 25% Arab I don't think you have any other foreign ancestry. Where are your middle eastern matches from?

Have you tried uploading to Myheritage also? You can upload your raw data and get free relative matches. I'd recommend uploading your ancestry data over your 23andme one, you'll get more matches.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    My mother is 7/8th British and scores 42.5% only on 23andme so I don't find your 49% low for someone who is 5/8th British. Aside from your 1/8th Lithuanian and 25% Arab I don't think you have any other foreign ancestry. Where are your middle eastern matches from?
    It doesn’t say where they’re from.

I did make a post about it, but it got messed up somehow but you have a better idea than I do. I was messing around with the k36 map and entered 50% and went through the list removing some of the countries, but when I removed this one countries, my mothers ancestry turned red, why is that?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

It doesn’t say where they’re from.

I did make a post about it, but it got messed up somehow but you have a better idea than I do. I was messing around with the k36 map and entered 50% and went through the list removing some of the countries, but when I removed this one countries, my mothers ancestry turned red, why is that?
    It would mean in theory your maternal ancestry plots that way, if its a higher number. But I don't think that map would be of any use to you here.

Registered Users
    Sex

It would mean in theory your maternal ancestry plots that way, if its a higher number. But I don't think that map would be of any use to you here.
    I get that, but why does it only turn red when I remove one country? I scrolled through them all and it only did it with one or two, I don’t understand that. Because without removing a country, it’s not red. It’s orange and yellow.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

I get that, but why does it only turn red when I remove one country? I scrolled through them all and it only did it with one or two, I don’t understand that. Because without removing a country, it’s not red. It’s orange and yellow.
    What country was it you removed? I mean you're not a 50/50 split, so removing one country at 50% doesn't make sense at all for you, it'll just midpoint your ancestry.

Registered Users
    Sex

What country was it you removed? I mean you're not a 50/50 split, so removing one country at 50% doesn't make sense at all for you, it'll just midpoint your ancestry.
    It’s just what someone told me to do, so I don’t know lol. But I went through some of them and it only turned red when I removed Croatia and Macedonia

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

It’s just what someone told me to do, so I don’t know lol. But I went through some of them and it only turned red when I removed Croatia and Macedonia
    That 50% removal is intended for people with a 50/50 split, so someone who is say half Macedonian half Swedish, could remove their 50% Macedonian side and in theory the map would show how their 50% Swedish plots. You're not Macedonian or Croatian, so removing those populations will just give you false matches. I wouldn't waste your time with that map.

Registered Users
    Sex

That 50% removal is intended for people with a 50/50 split, so someone who is say half Macedonian half Swedish, could remove their 50% Macedonian side and in theory the map would show how their 50% Swedish plots. You're not Macedonian or Croatian, so removing those populations will just give you false matches. I wouldn't waste your time with that map.
    I just tried it out because someone on another forum suggested scrolling through the countries and removing them. Apart from G25, I’m still waiting for my money to send with paypal with that but hopefully I should get the cords soon, is there anything else I can try?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast