Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to use vahaduo?

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    How to use vahaduo?

    What is the point in the countries and numbers listed under source? What am I supposed to do with them?

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,919
    Sex
    Location
    Bay Area
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

    Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    under source, you paste the coordinates of the calculator. under target you paste your coordinates. Click "Single" and you will see your name. Click that and you get results/
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

  3. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by digital_noise View Post
    under source, you paste the coordinates of the calculator. under target you paste your coordinates. Click "Single" and you will see your name. Click that and you get results/
    When I click single it just gives me the same results as it was before I copy and pasted the calculator. I tried it with Lithuanian and it gives me the option to click Lithuania under single as well and then they change to this https://ibb.co/g6d4z3W

  4. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by miarosie View Post
    When I click single it just gives me the same results as it was before I copy and pasted the calculator. I tried it with Lithuanian and it gives me the option to click Lithuania under single as well and then they change to this https://ibb.co/g6d4z3W
    Ah wait I got it now. So what is the use of the distance tab? Is that helpful at all?

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    1,571
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Ash/Seph Jewish

    England Star of David Netherlands Turkey Denmark Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by miarosie View Post
    Ah wait I got it now. So what is the use of the distance tab? Is that helpful at all?
    That just shows you your closest populations according to your average, but it won't be useful to you because of your mixed background.

  6. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    That just shows you your closest populations according to your average, but it won't be useful to you because of your mixed background.
    Oh okay. I just messed around with it and one of them showed I had 0.00000 in the distance section

  7. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    That just shows you your closest populations according to your average, but it won't be useful to you because of your mixed background.
    Am I doing this right?

    I pasted my numbers into target and then copied Welsh from the source tab and pasted it in target as well and I ran them with single mode and pressed on distance to Welsh and got this https://ibb.co/qCDzJgK

  8. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,919
    Sex
    Location
    Bay Area
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

    Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    No. You should paste an entire calculator. Go to one of the “AncestryDNA model” topics and copy/paste that big wall of text under source. Under target you paste your coordinates.
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

  9. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    196
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by digital_noise View Post
    No. You should paste an entire calculator. Go to one of the “AncestryDNA model” topics and copy/paste that big wall of text under source. Under target you paste your coordinates.
    AncestryDNAmodel topic? Where do I find that?

  10. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,919
    Sex
    Location
    Bay Area
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

    Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    in the Autosomal forum, likely a few posts down
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

Similar Threads

  1. Gedmatch Calculators on Vahaduo
    By Jessie in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 06-16-2020, 11:26 PM
  2. G25 vahaduo results
    By miarosie in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2020, 09:29 PM
  3. Vahaduo results?
    By miarosie in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 02-22-2020, 06:07 AM
  4. Vahaduo Runs
    By Nino90 in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-31-2019, 10:32 AM
  5. Vahaduo: un outil de plus
    By anglesqueville in forum French
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-08-2019, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •