Thread: GEDMatch Oracles

Registered Users
    Sex

GEDMatch Oracles

I looked through all of my GEDMatch calculators, I couldn’t sleep and I was bored, and I checked out my oracles on all of my calculators and I noticed that my British and Northwestern European distances are usually all around 3 on 3 and 4 population approximation. And on other calculators oracles 3 and 4 populations approximation I have countries distanced at @1.104545 and I have some that are 0.0000. Is it worth looking into it?

The oracles that you get 0.00000 on are most likely admixture calculators with very few reference populations. I wouldn’t take it seriously.

The best calculator if you’re white (European, Jewish, Levantine, etc.) is Eurogenes K13, in my honest opinion. Harappa is better for south Asians, and Ethiohelix is good if you’re black. Not sure which calculator is best for Hispanic/Latino groups if anyone wants to add their two cents.

Most people here agree that you are 75% European (mostly British with a Lithuanian great grandparent), and 25% Arab/Egyptian.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocoholic For This Useful Post:

Ayetooey (03-03-2020),  digital_noise (03-02-2020),  Nino90 (03-02-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    The oracles that you get 0.00000 on are most likely admixture calculators with very few reference populations. I wouldn’t take it seriously.

The best calculator if you’re white (European, Jewish, Levantine, etc.) is Eurogenes K13, in my honest opinion. Harappa is better for south Asians, and Ethiohelix is good if you’re black. Not sure which calculator is best for Hispanic/Latino groups if anyone wants to add their two cents.

Most people here agree that you are 75% European (mostly British with a Lithuanian great grandparent), and 25% Arab/Egyptian.
    It's definitely Yemeni/Peninsular arab not Egyptian. She showed me her 23andme results in PM's, she scores Peninsular arab and 0% Egyptian. And she gets modelled consistently with Yemenite pops on G25 and with Yemeni Jews on gedmatch. Not to mention the fact Yemenites have a long history in several Welsh cities and towns dating back to the 1920s; Egyptians are very recent immigrants here, I doubt there's anyone who has an Egyptian grandparent and 3 white grandparents from the UK, they'd have to be about 5 years old since Egyptians mainly came here in the 1980s/1990s. I assume the OP is an adult, so her grandparent likely came here much earlier than the 80s.

Furthermore, when I got her known ancestry removed and a heatmap made by Ph2er, there is 0% affinity with Egypt and a strong affinity with Yemen. Posted below Sorry to drag on, just the OP is obviously deeply confused about her ancestry and I don't want her to be more confused xD.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ayetooey For This Useful Post:

chocoholic (03-03-2020),  digital_noise (03-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    Rest of what Chocoholic said I agree with. You're British with 12.5% Lithuanian and a peninsular Arab (likely Yemeni) grandparent. No need to complicate things further IMO.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ayetooey For This Useful Post:

chocoholic (03-03-2020),  digital_noise (03-03-2020),  Nino90 (03-03-2020)