North African 11.3%

I'll look for more later, I don't really recognize all Christian surnames

edit Another, from a village in northern israel:
    Middle Eastern 44.3%
    West Asian 17.6%
    Greek and South Italian 7.8%
    Italian 18.1%
    North African 12.2%

It's funny, I've actually met this person many years ago and had no idea we were related til now lol
    Interesting
    Say Palestinian Christians are descended mainly from Samaritans who converted to Christianity? Because they are genetically very close Samaritans

Registered Users
    Sex

Bump.

Registered Users
    Sex

Bumpistan

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Western Jewish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY173377
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-FGC18222
    mtDNA (P)
    H7e

Quote Originally Posted by Jab123 View Post
    Bumpistan
    Dude!
    The clock indicates the momentóbut what does eternity indicate?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hartaisarlag For This Useful Post:

passenger (04-05-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by hartaisarlag View Post
    Dude!
    What?

Registered Users
    Sex

Scotland England Australia Star of David Turkey Egypt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jab123 View Post
    Interesting
    Say Palestinian Christians are descended mainly from Samaritans who converted to Christianity? Because they are genetically very close Samaritans
    Samaritans have long been pretty closed off and havn't over the last few centuries absorbed any Muslim, Jews or Christians. Only recently have maybe certain tribes intermarried with Ashkenazi women. They are endangered as an ethnic group and probably number much under 1000. From Samaritans we have seen genetically tested, they unusually show a closer affinity to late Bronze Age Levantines than any other Levantine-Arab, Syrian Jew or Karaite Egyptian do. That's peculiar, because all modern day Levantine-Arabs are pretty close instead to Roman era Levantines. Perhaps Palestinian Christians are indeed closer than Muslim Palestinians genetically to Samaritans, but if anything, it would logically make more sense that Muslim Palestinians are likely to have recent actual Samaritan genealogical origin. It's more likely Samaritans would succumb to pressures from a Muslim to inter-marry. Frankly, their existence doesn't sound so peaceful over the last few centuries either, but that's not to say Palestinians and Israeli-Arabs hadn't under British and Ottoman rule either.
    Last edited by Seabass; 04-06-2020 at 09:10 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabass For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (04-11-2020),  jonahst (04-07-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab

Quote Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
    Samaritans have long been pretty closed off and havn't over the last few centuries absorbed any Muslim, Jews or Christians. Only recently have maybe certain tribes intermarried with Ashkenazi women. They are endangered as an ethnic group and probably number much under 1000. From Samaritans we have seen genetically tested, they unusually show a closer affinity to late Bronze Age Levantines than any other Levantine-Arab, Syrian Jew or Karaite Egyptian do. That's peculiar, because all modern day Levantine-Arabs are pretty close instead to Roman era Levantines. Perhaps Palestinian Christians are indeed closer than Muslim Palestinians genetically to Samaritans, but if anything, it would logically make more sense that Muslim Palestinians are likely to have recent actual Samaritan genealogical origin. It's more likely Samaritans would succumb to pressures from a Muslim to inter-marry. Frankly, their existence doesn't sound so peaceful over the last few centuries either, but that's not to say Palestinians and Israeli-Arabs hadn't under British and Ottoman rule either.
    Yes some West Bank families have a tradition of having converted from Samaritanism

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyouare For This Useful Post:

jonahst (04-07-2020),  Seabass (04-06-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

My paternal grandmother was from a village called Kafr Yasif. She passed away many years ago. I have my dad's dna but i don't know if that will be of any help to you. His father was Lebanese. His mother was either Greek orthodox or Greek Catholic his father I believe was Roman Catholic. I obviously have interest in your question being answered as well. I'm not sure about my father's side of the family and their origins since his grandparents died when he was young and his parents died when I was young.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander87 For This Useful Post:

jonahst (04-07-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12