Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Genetic or culture responsible? "Overrepresentation of people with African ancesty".

  1. #31
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S1954
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-P58
    mtDNA (P)
    H4a

    Canada Acadia Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Basque Canada Quebec United States Zuni Pueblo
    Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    So how do you explain the lack of a over-representation other ethnic minorities?
    Probably infected but not even getting tested, for well, the same reasons I outlined.

    I mean, in the US, the tigers at the Brooklyn Zoo got tested, but many black people cannot.

  2. #32
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S1954
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-P58
    mtDNA (P)
    H4a

    Canada Acadia Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Basque Canada Quebec United States Zuni Pueblo
    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Here in the GTA, I haven't heard a single death of any Somali so far and we have a Somali population around 100k (including Djoubitians and Ethio Somalis like my father) which is probably double the Somali population in Scandinavia
    Good to hear. I’m scared of it hitting indigenous communities in this country. If it does, it will be an absolute bloodbath.

  3. #33
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,121
    Sex
    Location
    Western Norway
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
    Probably infected but not even getting tested, for well, the same reasons I outlined.

    I mean, in the US, the tigers at the Brooklyn Zoo got tested, but many black people cannot.
    With "free" health care this is not an issue here, since Pakistanis, Arabs, Kurds etc all use the same system and are more numerous..

  4. #34
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S1954
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-P58
    mtDNA (P)
    H4a

    Canada Acadia Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Basque Canada Quebec United States Zuni Pueblo
    Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    With "free" health care this is not an issue here, since Pakistanis, Arabs, Kurds etc all use the same system and are more numerous..
    Are you sure they do, though? Maybe they don’t trust the health care system, because they’ve had experienced with racism in the hospital.

    Hell I’m white, but as a woman, I have experienced sexism in the health care system and don’t go to the doctor unless I’m bleeding

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Souriquois For This Useful Post:

     okarinaofsteiner (04-09-2020)

  6. #35
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,121
    Sex
    Location
    Western Norway
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
    Good to hear. I’m scared of it hitting indigenous communities in this country. If it does, it will be an absolute bloodbath.
    I have the same worry for groups in northern Norway, who have traditionally been harder hit by previous pandemics (Spanish flu etc), such as the Saami (possibly genetic, but could also be due to other things, such as endogamy + bottleneck events, meaning low genetic diversity and isolation).

  7. #36
    Registered Users
    Posts
    773
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Yemen Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    I posted links, go read them please (you can use google chrome to translate them), but bear in mind that more data is needed. If you need more data I can supply it after you have read those links.. Good enough for you?

    Here is some concrete numbers from Norway (one week old data, they are higher now):

    "Blant de meldte tilfellene av covid-19 i Norge hvor fødeland er kjent er det 829
    personer som er født utenfor Norge (18 %). Blant disse er det flest personer med fødeland
    Somalia (201), Sverige (45), Pakistan (41), Irak (37), Iran (36), Filippinene (31) og Danmark (30).

    Blant tilfellene som er kjent smittet i Norge og hvor fødeland er kjent, er det 508
    personer (21 %) som er født utenfor Norge. Blant disse er det flest personer med fødeland
    Somalia (122), Irak, (29) Sverige (24), Pakistan (23), Iran (23), Filippinene (19), Danmark (18)."

    https://www.utrop.no/nyheter/nytt/212787/

    And I again feel the need to note that we need more data, but since this seems to be the case both in Norway and Sweden, there might be a logical explanation for it, besides chance alone.. I wonder how Denmark, Finland and Iceland is faring here...
    And Norweigan Somalis represent all Somalis? Do Chicago ADOS represent ADOS let alone New World Blacks? You clearly hold prejudice against black people like your buddy Belfaire.I think the admin should close this thread for racial baiting and you should only create a thread once you have something more than conjecture

    Target: Mother_scaled
    Distance: 5.4903% / 0.05490334
    50.8 Dinka
    35.8 Levant_Natufian
    9.0 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    4.0 ETH_4500BP
    0.4 MAR_Taforalt

    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.1638% / 0.05163817
    44.8 Dinka
    36.0 Levant_Natufian
    11.6 ETH_4500BP
    6.2 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    1.4 MAR_EN

    Target: Father_scaled
    Distance: 5.5604% / 0.05560439
    48.0 Dinka
    42.0 Levant_Natufian
    8.6 ETH_4500BP
    1.0 MAR_EN
    0.4 Yemenite_Al_Jawf


  8. #37
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,121
    Sex
    Location
    Western Norway
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
    Are you sure they do, though? Maybe they don’t trust the health care system, because they’ve had experienced with racism in the hospital.

    Hell I’m white, but as a woman, I have experienced sexism in the health care system and don’t go to the doctor unless I’m bleeding
    I think this is classic American way of thinking, as over there everything appear to be divided into race, but here in Scandinavia it is divided into ethnic groups, not black or white etc.. So Pakistanis, Arabs (including north Africans here) etc are likely no worse, or better off than African groups. If it was by continent alone, due to racism in the health sector, I would expect other African groups to be represented too, as we have a sizable population from other parts of Africa.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to evon For This Useful Post:

     Bealfire (04-07-2020)

  10. #38
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,121
    Sex
    Location
    Western Norway
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    And Norweigan Somalis represent all Somalis? Do Chicago ADOS represent ADOS let alone New World Blacks? You clearly hold prejudice against black people like your buddy Belfaire.I think the admin should close this thread for racial baiting and you should only create a thread once you have something more than conjecture
    We wont have that sort of data until Corona is over, but for now we can look at the data we do have. It has nothing to do with prejudiced thinking, I started this thread partly because this is an issue that the Somalian community in Norway and Sweden have themselves brought up in the local media here, and when the data from Chicago came up I thought it warranted a closer look.

    Also, please dont subscribe to me views that I dont hold, that is just rude... Lets try to keep this OT please..

    PS: I would have created a better (more inclusive) headline and starting post had it not been for the fact that I was on my phone while doing it..
    Last edited by evon; 04-07-2020 at 07:34 PM.

  11. #39
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S1954
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-P58
    mtDNA (P)
    H4a

    Canada Acadia Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Basque Canada Quebec United States Zuni Pueblo
    Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    I think this is classic American way of thinking, as over there everything appear to be divided into race, but here in Scandinavia it is divided into ethnic groups, not black or white etc.. So Pakistanis, Arabs (including north Africans here) etc are likely no worse, or better off than African groups. If it was by continent alone, due to racism in the health sector, I would expect other African groups to be represented too, as we have a sizable population from other parts of Africa.
    Yeah of course you hear something you don’t want to hear and claim it’s “American”

    I suggest maybe you talk to Somalis, Arabs, and Pakistanis and see if they feel they are treated equally in the country.

    It’s not uniquely American, either, white fragility is indeed a thing amount Europeans too.

    Even though I mentioned, Norwegians aren’t as bad in this regard.

  12. #40
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,121
    Sex
    Location
    Western Norway
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FT71931
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (P)
    H13a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
    Yeah of course you hear something you don’t want to hear and claim it’s “American”

    I suggest maybe you talk to Somalis, Arabs, and Pakistanis and see if they feel they are treated equally in the country.

    It’s not uniquely American, either, white fragility is indeed a thing amount Europeans too.

    Even though I mentioned, Norwegians aren’t as bad in this regard.
    Most of my social circle is composed of minority groups, so yeah that sort of thinking is very American to my ears... I mentioned Scandinavia, not Europe for a reason, as each region within Europe have their own tradition in this regard..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-25-2019, 09:02 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 09:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 02:36 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-27-2016, 02:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •