Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Which group is genetically more Levanite, Lebanese or Palestinian Christians?

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    133
    Sex

    Should Levantine be treated as its own thing or just a mixture of genetic material from surrounding areas?

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    373
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    WHG + EEF + STEPPE
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

    Serbia Croatia Split-Dalmatia England Scotland France Greece
    Maybe Lebanese by a tiny bit, but I would assume both groups are close enough and with enough overlap that it depends more on specific individuals.

  3. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,015
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander87 View Post
    Should Levantine be treated as its own thing or just a mixture of genetic material from surrounding areas?
    The Levant Neolithic differs from the BA/IA Levant periods.The late periods are west asian admixed while the Neolithic Levant is mostly anatolian+iberomaurusian component(like Natufian culture).When we say that someone has Levant admixture we are talking about the BA/IA periods more specific.

  4. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,015
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander87 View Post
    Should Levantine be treated as its own thing or just a mixture of genetic material from surrounding areas?
    Modern Levantine people can be modeled as Levant N+Anatolian Copper/bronze age with a little bit of steppe admixture.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

     hartaisarlag (04-30-2020),  kingeo (05-05-2021)

  6. #25
    Registered Users
    Posts
    133
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    Modern Levantine people can be modeled as Levant N+Anatolian Copper/bronze age with a little bit of steppe admixture.
    Is it possible for there to be more recent Anatolian admixture? How would one know? Is the steppe admixture a bit of a mystery right now as far as how and when it got into the Levant?

  7. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,015
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander87 View Post
    Is it possible for there to be more recent Anatolian admixture? How would one know? Is the steppe admixture a bit of a mystery right now as far as how and when it got into the Levant?
    I am not sure about recent anatolian admixture but their steppe admixture is probably coming from indoeuropean populations that arrived in the levant during the bronze/iron ages.Another option the Crusaders?I can't say for sure.

  8. #27
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,495
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-YP3924
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a1b1a
    mtDNA (P)
    K2a2a

    Israel Israel Jerusalem Star of David
    Well Haber et al. 2017 defined BA Levatines as being roughly 50%/50% Levant Neolithic / Iran Chalcolithic.

    Judging by that, Samaritans are the closest living population to BA Levantines.

    Lebanese have been found to have 93% correlation, with the remaining 7% Steppe-rich ancestry, which could have come from either Mesopotamians (Assyrians or Babylonians), Persians, Macedonian Greeks, Romans or Crusaders.

    Then Haber et al. 2019 proved that this wasn't from Crusaders as Roman-era Levantines already had Steppe admixture.
    My bet now is mostly on Assyrians and perhaps some Hellenic, as I've successfully been able to model Roman-era Lebanese Levantines with Canaanite_MBA + IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA + Empuries2 samples.

    Samaritans get barely 5% of these while Roman-era Lebanese get around 87% Canaanite_MBA and the rest equally divided between Empuries2 and IRN_IA.

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Erikl86 For This Useful Post:

     Andrewid (05-07-2020),  Johnny ola (05-04-2020),  jonahst (05-04-2020),  Kelmendasi (05-04-2020),  kingeo (05-05-2021),  passenger (05-04-2020),  Power77 (05-04-2020),  Seabass (05-04-2020)

  10. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,015
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by Erikl86 View Post
    Well Haber et al. 2017 defined BA Levatines as being roughly 50%/50% Levant Neolithic / Iran Chalcolithic.

    Judging by that, Samaritans are the closest living population to BA Levantines.

    Lebanese have been found to have 93% correlation, with the remaining 7% Steppe-rich ancestry, which could have come from either Mesopotamians (Assyrians or Babylonians), Persians, Macedonian Greeks, Romans or Crusaders.

    Then Haber et al. 2019 proved that this wasn't from Crusaders as Roman-era Levantines already had Steppe admixture.
    My bet now is mostly on Assyrians and perhaps some Hellenic, as I've successfully been able to model Roman-era Lebanese Levantines with Canaanite_MBA + IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA + Empuries2 samples.

    Samaritans get barely 5% of these while Roman-era Lebanese get around 87% Canaanite_MBA and the rest equally divided between Empuries2 and IRN_IA.
    What samples do you want to see in the future from the Levant?

  11. #29
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,495
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-YP3924
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a1b1a
    mtDNA (P)
    K2a2a

    Israel Israel Jerusalem Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    What samples do you want to see in the future from the Levant?
    Assyrian (though really that would be N. Mesopotamia), Judean Jews, Hellenistic Jews from places like Antioch.
    Check out my Hidden Content

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Erikl86 For This Useful Post:

     Johnny ola (05-04-2020),  jonahst (05-04-2020),  passenger (05-04-2020),  Power77 (05-04-2020),  Seabass (05-06-2020),  tipirneni (05-04-2020)

  13. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,015
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by Erikl86 View Post
    Assyrian (though really that would be N. Mesopotamia), Judean Jews, Hellenistic Jews from places like Antioch.
    Nice blog Btw. It explains clearly the retarted khazar theory...

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

     Erikl86 (05-04-2020),  jonahst (05-04-2020),  passenger (05-04-2020),  Power77 (05-04-2020),  Seabass (05-06-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. I have a question about Palestinian Christians
    By Jab123 in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2020, 04:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2019, 03:10 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2016, 03:52 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 07:30 AM
  5. Are Syriac Christians or Arameans-Syriacs Genetically distinct group?
    By NK19191 in forum General Sociology/Ethnology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •