Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Semitic/Middle eastern focus on lineage and pedigree

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    453
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIncredibleHulk View Post
    It's based on the Abassid era national myth making, not based on actually archaeological and epigraphic data.
    Wow I just saw the video and what an amazing doctor who is speaking and so interesting! It makes total sense!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisdandy For This Useful Post:

     TheIncredibleHulk (09-24-2020)

  3. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    53
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    Wow I just saw the video and what an amazing doctor who is speaking and so interesting! It makes total sense!
    His mentor is M.C.A Macdonald who is a leading figure in Arabian archaeology and epigraphy. Israel Epha'al is also a leading figure in neo-Assyrian period of Arab and Jewish histories.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheIncredibleHulk For This Useful Post:

     lifeisdandy (10-27-2020)

  5. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    242
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Awadhi
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2- (J-Z6082)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1a

    Qahtanite vs Adnanite is an origin myth. Even Arab tribes have a fiction of common paternal descent, which is proven time again and again to be false.

    It has no basis in Y-DNA.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subzero85 For This Useful Post:

     hartaisarlag (10-27-2020),  TheIncredibleHulk (10-28-2020)

  7. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    453
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    Qahtanite vs Adnanite is an origin myth. Even Arab tribes have a fiction of common paternal descent, which is proven time again and again to be false.

    It has no basis in Y-DNA.
    this is true...many arab tribes who have been tested show little homogeneity in terms of y-dna. The only thing we can really say is J1-p58 and downward streams can be attributed to semitic language expansions and dispersals.

  8. #25
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    995
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Yemen Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    this is true...many arab tribes who have been tested show little homogeneity in terms of y-dna. The only thing we can really say is J1-p58 and downward streams can be attributed to semitic language expansions and dispersals.
    I think it's a combination of E-M34,J1,T1a (Neolithic Levantines).J1-P58's high frequency in Arabia is because of founder effects

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-27-2020),  hartaisarlag (10-27-2020),  TheIncredibleHulk (10-28-2020)

  10. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    453
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    I think it's a combination of E-M34,J1,T1a (Neolithic Levantines).J1-P58's high frequency in Arabia is because of founder effects
    Based on a paper I am of the opinion that it was mostly j1-p58 but we need more ancient samples to really know...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2019, 08:22 PM
  2. J1 according to 23andme but not middle eastern
    By pantheratigris in forum J
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2017, 09:34 AM
  3. Got my results- middle eastern???
    By pmv74 in forum AncestryDNA
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 03:43 PM
  4. Middle Eastern Ancestry?
    By Morci in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 06:01 PM
  5. Middle Eastern Cherokees?
    By Grossvater in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •