Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Semitic/Middle eastern focus on lineage and pedigree

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalis Moriopoulos View Post
    Tripe history? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant to write something else there.
    no i meant what I wrote.

  2. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    522
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by DNADiver View Post
    no i meant what I wrote.
    When you say tripe history..which specific part are you referring to? Qahtan and Adnan?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Posts
    98
    Sex
    Location
    Java Island
    Nationality
    Indonesian
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-Y32619
    mtDNA (M)
    M20

    Indonesia Yemen
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    Hello,

    Wasn't sure where the best place would be to put this thread so sorry if it's the wrong place. One thing I noticed in my quest to decode my father's line and my mother's line is that middle eastern people in general, especially Jews and Arabs are obsessed with pedigree and lineage, specifically the father's line. Why is that? Where did they appear in history? I even heard of ancient Arabs engraving stones and large rocks with their lineage so this practice must have been very very old.
    hello

    umm, quite interesting, where did you hear ancient arab things ?

    from which i know (especially when you look into a person who claimed as a sayyed or shareef) father's line is important because it's religion duty, it goes back to prophet muhammed when his daughter married with caliph ali, a person who belong to sayyed or shareef must give an authentic shajarah (or family tree pedigree), it's forbidden in islam to make a false sayyed or shareef lineage, in every islamic scholar or jurisprudance have different ways and method to verified someone belong to sayyed or shareef

    p.s : doesn't include qahtanite, lakhmids, ghassanids, or druze, they were different in method or person in line

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    When you say tripe history..which specific part are you referring to? Qahtan and Adnan?
    Both, because many tripe are from these two men.

    however, there are many opinion that says arab could come from many other people other that qahtan and adnan. and they have of course their evidence.

  5. #15
    There's no such thing as Semitic , Haplogroup J1 is not native to the levant.
    Last edited by Moderator; 05-15-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

  6. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    522
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebro View Post
    There's no such thing as Semitic , Semitic speakers were simply afro-asiatic that were Raped by Iranians , Haplogroup J1 is not native to the levant.
    Please elaborate

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisdandy For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-28-2020)

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    Please elaborate
    An Old Arabic inscription written in the Hismaic script in Jordan that is 2,000 years old:
    https://twitter.com/safaitic/status/...278145?lang=en

    Just recently, an old Safaitic inscription(old Arabic written in Safaitic script) was found in Northern Jordan of a bactrian Camel:
    A lovely carving of a Bactrian camel from N. Jordan. The image adorns a building text:

    le-Ṣaʿb ben ʿAwḏ ben Taym wa-banaya le-banīy-[oh] has-setra

    'By Ṣaʿb son of ʿAwḏ son of Taym and he built this shelter for his children'

    The stone is housed at the Mafraq Museum, Jordan.

    https://twitter.com/Safaitic/status/1309001745813643264
    A new Arabic inscription from the early 6th century very likely written by an Arab Christian:
    A lovely discovery. A new 6th c. Arabic-script inscription from the northern Ḥigāz. Highlights:
    1) Associated with the Ḫazraǧ, but here referred to with the diminutive.
    2) Monotheistic, using the formula la-ʾūṣi-kum billāh 'I urge you to god'
    3) بالله spelled بله

    4) And finally, the use of hāḏā, as in the dialect of the QCT, rather than ḏā, which is more common in this period.
    5) No wawation, bringing us closer to the writing school of Yathrib (I think).

    Sorry I deleted original tweet, there was a misplaced macron i couldn't stand.
    https://twitter.com/Safaitic/status/1304460924066115584
    Last edited by TheIncredibleHulk; 09-24-2020 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DNADiver View Post
    Both, because many tripe are from these two men.

    however, there are many opinion that says arab could come from many other people other that qahtan and adnan. and they have of course their evidence.
    Arabs came from the North, not South like Yemen:

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIncredibleHulk For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-28-2020),  GabrielZelalem (09-24-2020),  lifeisdandy (10-27-2020)

  11. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    522
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIncredibleHulk View Post
    Arabs came from the North, not South like Yemen:
    Its weird because in the Arab world we say the original Arab is from Yemen.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisdandy For This Useful Post:

     TheIncredibleHulk (09-24-2020)

  13. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    Its weird because in the Arab world we say the original Arab is from Yemen.
    It's based on the Abassid era national myth making, not based on actually archaeological and epigraphic data.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheIncredibleHulk For This Useful Post:

     subzero85 (10-27-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2019, 08:22 PM
  2. J1 according to 23andme but not middle eastern
    By pantheratigris in forum J
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2017, 09:34 AM
  3. Got my results- middle eastern???
    By pmv74 in forum AncestryDNA
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 03:43 PM
  4. Middle Eastern Ancestry?
    By Morci in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 06:01 PM
  5. Middle Eastern Cherokees?
    By Grossvater in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •