Thread: J-M267 palestinian

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab

Palestine

J-M267 palestinian

Hello everyone, my brother took a 23&me test and this is his haplogroup, is there anyway i can know more about his paternal line
    the autosomal test was useless it gave him 23% levant 3% egyptian 18% arabian peninsula 2% anatolian and the rest is Broadly West asian which is more than
    half
    in terms of heritage i have a family tree which takes me to my 19 grandfather whobelongs to banu qain tribe, some tribe thats been living in the levant since byzantine times, i know that my family was christian during the early mamluk period,im fellahi but my family has been heavily intermarrying with bedouins after the qaisi yemeni war of 1858 in the southern levant,most notably the al huwetat tribe
    any idea if i can know more or is this 23& me useless in this regard
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bashqain For This Useful Post:

Táltos (05-22-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a10a

United States of America England
    There are countless branches beyond the marker you got from 23andMe, but you would have to start over by testing with Family Tree DNA or perhaps some other company. Before you go to all that expense and waiting for results, examine the PSE (Palestinian) cases on this tree. Chances are you will match one of them. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z2215/

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab

Palestine
    i see, bummer,do you have any idea if there is anything else i can do with the 23&me results aside from the autosomal?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a10a

United States of America England
    You can download the mtDNA file and see if you can squeeze out more detail at this free site: https://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/23andMe.html

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-FT196614
    mtDNA (M)
    H1-am

United States of America Italy Ireland Germany Palatinate United Kingdom France
    You can migrate your 23andMe automosal testing kit to GEDMATCH. Go ahead and test with FamilyTreeDNA. We have a number of J1 projects you can participate in. I also recommend you join the J1 project discussion group at facebook.

You will need to test Y-DNA and then a SNP pack to determine the branch. Most project administrators would like you to test Y67. You might like to eventually upgrade to Big-Y 700 and see if you have a unique SNP / subclade to your family line.
    Last edited by Pegasusphm1; 07-07-2020 at 05:14 AM.