E-Z36123*
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Y2619
    mtDNA (P)
    H7

Quote Originally Posted by Erikl86 View Post
    • We finally know that inland Levantines looked pretty similar to littoral Levantines of the period - it's something most of us assumed anyhow, but it's nice to see this in paper and with samples. The main difference seem to be that the in-land Levantine population seem to have received this additional Zargos-related ancestry, that we didn't see in either Sidon_BA or ASH_LBA. Or, if I can quote the study:

"Altogether, our analyses show that gene flow into the Levant from people related to those in the Caucasus or Zagros was already occurring by the Intermediate Bronze Age, and that it lingered, episodically or continuously, at least in inland sites, during the Middle-to-Late Bronze Age."
    From Nadav Na'aman's "The Hurrians and the End of the Middle Bronze Age in Canaan":

In the sixteenth century B.C. there is a gap in documentation and when the mist lifts once more in the second half of the fifteenth century B.C. we find that the
    number of people of northern origin in the population of Palestine has increased significantly ...

The following may be said of the distribution of names according to region and family language:

1. Rulers on the Lebanese coast, from Ugarit in the north down to Tyre in the south, had exclusively West Semitic names, with only one exception (Miya of Arashni).

2. The rulers of the Acco plain (Surata, Satatna, Endaruta) were known by names of "northern" origins.

3. "Northern" names predominate in the cities of the Lebanese Biqa'a and further north (Na'aman 1988b, 188). A clear exception is the Egyptian name Amanhatpi (of Tushulti). The name Bieri (of Hashabu) may possibly be compared with biblical names like b'ry, b'r', b'rh, but is more likely to be a hypocoristic form of the noun/adjective bira/biriya common in "northern" names (Gelb, Purves and MacRae 1943, 245; Landsberger 1954, 125 n. 294, 130; Grondahl 1967, 298).

4. All names in the area east of the Anti-Lebanon are "northern" (Has-x-tar, Shutarna, Biryawaza, Arsawuya, Tewati).

5. Four out of five names in the Bashan area (Biridashwa, Artamanya, Amayashe, Rusmanya) are of "northern" origin, the only exception being Ayyab, which is a West Semitic name. The sixth name, IR-LUGAL (of Shashimi), should preferably be regarded as a "northern" name and be transcribed IR-sharri rather than 'Abdi-Milki (as it was transcribed by Moran 1987, 440, 574).

6. 'Abdi-irshi of Hazor and Mut-Ba'li of Pihilu bore West Semitic names. Seven out of nine names of north Palestinian-south Syrian rulers whose place of residence is either missing or unknown, are "northern" (Tehu-Teshup, Bayawa, Hibiya, Puduzuna, Shutarna [of Mushihuna], Zitriyara and Wiktazu). The names Dagan-takala and Balu-mer are West Semitic.

7. In the Jezreel Valley the rulers of the western towns (Megiddo and Taanach) had "northern" names whereas the ruler of Shamhuna which lies east of the Kishon river had a West Semitic name. The neighbouring western ruler of Gath-carmel had a Hurrian name (Tagi). Two other neighbouring rulers whose residence is unknown had West Semitic names (Shipturisa, Bayadi). The main kingdom in the plain of Sharon was Gath-padalla and, although the decipherment of its ruler's name (diM.UR.SAG) is uncertain (Rainey 1968 11; Na'aman 1975, 34, 14* n. 25; Moran 1987, 475), may well represent a West Semitic name.

8. In the hill country, Lab'ayu of Shechem had a West Semitic name. Ba'lu-mehir, possibly his neighbour, also had a West Semitic name. Another possible neighbour, Dashru, bore a name of unknown origin. 'Abdi-Heba of Jerusalem had a Hurrian name.

9. Almost all the south Palestinian rulers had West Semitic names. The only exceptions are Shuwardata of Gath and Shubandu. The West Semitic derivation of the name S/Zurashar is also uncertain (see Moran 1987, 585). It is not clear whether Turbazu, who bore a non-Semitic name, was a city-state ruler or a local prince (EA 288, 41 ;335, 10).

We may conclude that there is a marked predominance of "northern" names on both sides of the Syro-African rift, i.e. in the Bashan and the Anti-Lebanon areas to the east and in the Lebanese Biqa'a and south of it, including the western Jezreel Valley and the Acco plain, to the west. The names of most of the inland southern Syrian and northern Palestinian rulers are of "northern" origin, with relatively few exceptions (notably the rulers of Razor, Pihilu and Ayyab of Ashtaroth). On the coast of Lebanon and in southern Palestine on the other hand there is a great majority of West Semitic names, with only few exceptions (notably Shuwardata of Gath and Shubandu). The names in the central hill country are mixed, but the number of names known from this area is too small for "statistics". Few other West Semitic names appear in the Sharon plain and the Lower Galilee.
    Last edited by hartaisarlag; 05-29-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    The clock indicates the moment—but what does eternity indicate?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hartaisarlag For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-29-2020),  Andrewid (06-02-2020),  artemv (05-29-2020),  Erikl86 (05-30-2020),  grumpydaddybear (06-01-2020),  Pribislav (05-29-2020),  Principe (05-29-2020),  Ryukendo (05-30-2020),  Táltos (05-30-2020),  ThaYamamoto (05-30-2020)

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23

Albania Italy Two Sicilies Wales Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    In regards to Q, sample SFI-5 from Beirut, Lebanon, that was dated to the Hellenistic age (234 BCE-92 BCE) turned out to be Q-M346. https://www.cell.com/cms/10.1016/j.a...345512cde/mmc1.
    Thank you, I did see that one. I am more looking for Q1b. Years ago if a man was positive for Q-L245 he was considered without a doubt Jewish. My brother's first SNP result was Q-L245.

The Ashkenazi Q1b are under the Q-Y2200 branch downstream from Q-L245. https://yfull.com/tree/Q-Y2200/ I thought maybe a Q-L245 guy might show up in one of these studies. Darn! https://yfull.com/tree/Q-L245/

It's frustrating that this Y haplogroup never shows up. Right now I can only recall of one time that Q1b was found in ancient DNA, and it was pretty far removed from this branch.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711
    Maternal Grandfather's mtDNA: K2b1
    Paternal Grandmother’s mtDNA: U5a1

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-30-2020),  grumpydaddybear (06-01-2020),  hartaisarlag (05-30-2020),  Kelmendasi (05-30-2020),  parasar (05-30-2020),  Principe (05-30-2020),  RCO (05-30-2020),  Ruderico (05-30-2020)

Suspended Account
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    They also carry the WHG G allele for Blue eyes at Rs12913832
    Didn't CHG have that too?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Philjames For This Useful Post:

grumpydaddybear (06-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Yup I match with these samples, it’s funny seen some of the comments here though

Registered Users
    Sex

Remove

Registered Users
    Sex

Can someone explain to me what Levant_Baqah_BA because I score it on top thanks

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian Copt
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-L539 (E-M78)

Egypt
    Apart from the good News That came up with this paper presenting more unipaternal results. It seems that it also promotes the Caucasus Hypothesis about the arrival of Zagros related ancestry in batches at the area. (although they mentioned that this conclusion might be revised once ancient DNA data from the Middle-to-Late Bronze Age in the Zagros region become available).

yet the Caucasus suggestion was pretty ignored by Skourtanioti et al. paper at the same time. (who demanded more testing in Mesopotamia).
    As a Matter of fact the Skourtanioti's paper was clear about the Iranian Samples being a better candidate than the Caucasus ones. So i think more data is needed before drawing conclusions. If i'm not mistaking the Source should be somewhere in the area extending from Mesopotamia to Zagros as Skourtanioti's Suggestion but not the Caucasus.
    Last edited by The Saite; 05-30-2020 at 01:46 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Saite For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-30-2020),  Andrewid (06-02-2020),  RCO (05-30-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Yemen Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Lank View Post
    L0f in general is frequent in both South Cushites and hunter-gatherers from East Africa, and rare outside of this region. So I always assumed South Cushites (who tend to have more L0f2/L0f3, whereas HGs have more L0f1) got it from local admixture. But if L0f2b spread into the Levant from NE Africa, maybe South Cushites actually got L0f2/L0f3 from NE Africa, and it somehow just didn't leave much of a trace in the modern Horn.
    The non-Eurasian ancestry of the IAM samples were said to have Hadza affinities, perhaps Hadza-like people with L0f2 once had a larger range than previously thought (possibly reaching the Sudan)

Target: Mother_scaled
    Distance: 5.4903% / 0.05490334
    50.8 Dinka
    35.8 Levant_Natufian
    9.0 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    4.0 ETH_4500BP
    0.4 MAR_Taforalt

Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.1638% / 0.05163817
    44.8 Dinka
    36.0 Levant_Natufian
    11.6 ETH_4500BP
    6.2 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    1.4 MAR_EN

Target: Father_scaled
    Distance: 5.5604% / 0.05560439
    48.0 Dinka
    42.0 Levant_Natufian
    8.6 ETH_4500BP
    1.0 MAR_EN
    0.4 Yemenite_Al_Jawf

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-30-2020),  Lank (05-30-2020)

Aren't the ancient Egyptians or the ancient Nubians/Cushites also good candidates for introducing the mtDNA L0f2b into the Levant or can they be excluded?

There is archaeological evidence for Egyptian presence in the Levant during the LBA.

https://journals.uair.arizona.edu/in...cle/view/23233

I from what I recall ancient Egypt had a base in Lachish too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.sparco For This Useful Post:

Brandon S. Pilcher (05-30-2020)

Can someone analyze the Y hg on the Megiddo outlier R kid I2189?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast