Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: South Asians with Turkish/Turkic/Mongol descent thread

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Kapisa View Post
    Hi, generally based on the DNA test results we have seen so far, Mughals of that region are locals and do not show any indication on autosomes or Y.DNA of Mughal ancestry.
    Other than Ydna ..I would asssume Mughals to be complete Indian with all the intermarriages with local Indians.

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y2568
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b
    mtDNA (P)
    U9b1

United States of America Pakistan Jammu and Kashmir
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtsen View Post
    Other than Ydna ..I would asssume Mughals to be complete Indian with all the intermarriages with local Indians.
    We are talking about Mughals of AJK and adjoining regions of Pothwar, Hazara. they are mostly Tarkhans, and I don't remember seeing any unique Y haplogroup among them either. There are at least two academic papers on this subject.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kapisa For This Useful Post:

desi (12-02-2022),  Sapporo (12-08-2022),  subzero85 (12-04-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Punchi-Kashmiri
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z94

United States of America Azad Kashmir United Kingdom Pakistan Jammu and Kashmir Jersey
    We are talking about Mughals of AJK and adjoining regions of Pothwar, Hazara. they are mostly Tarkhans, and I don't remember seeing any unique Y haplogroup among them either. There are at least two academic papers on this subject.
    I agree the chances of him having Mughal ancestry are very low to nil. That's why I wanted him to get test.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthebuilder For This Useful Post:

Kapisa (12-02-2022),  subzero85 (12-04-2022)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y2568
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b
    mtDNA (P)
    U9b1

United States of America Pakistan Jammu and Kashmir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I agree the chances of him having Mughal ancestry are very low to nil. That's why I wanted him to get test.
    You are from Punch right, have you done a DNA test urself? I have not seen many Punchis here.
    Sample: Kapisa ► Kapisa scaled
    Fit: 1.8505
    Results: CG IVCp 42
    Bustan BA 31
    Mys MLBA 17
    Bustan BA o1 7
    Chokhopani 2700BP 3

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a1c-JST002611
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

India Pakistan United Kingdom Mughal Empire
    Hi, generally based on the DNA test results we have seen so far, Mughals of that region are locals and do not show any indication on autosomes or Y.DNA of Mughal ancestry.
    My khalujan shares his Y-Chromosome DNA with Mirza Aslam Beg, his claim might be plausible.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deuterium_1 For This Useful Post:

Coldmountains (12-05-2022),  subzero85 (12-04-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Punchi-Kashmiri
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z94

United States of America Azad Kashmir United Kingdom Pakistan Jammu and Kashmir Jersey
    You are from Punch right, have you done a DNA test urself? I have not seen many Punchis here.
    Yes, I've tested and also got my whole family to test as well. As far as I can tell we're similar to Koshur which doesn't surprised me considering the historical relationship between Punch/Kashmir.

Punchi AVG - Azad Kashmir
    Indo-Gangetic BA43.2
    Turan BA32
    Steppe MLBA20.8
    Tibetian-Himalayan 4

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthebuilder For This Useful Post:

Ahmed Ali (12-07-2022),  Kapisa (12-05-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Deccani
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-L677
    mtDNA (M)
    M2B

Hyderabad State Mughal Empire
    Also from what we've seen online, these types of roots or similar are more likely to be found in cosmopolitan areas that traditionally held the most Muslim power, such as Delhi, Lucknow, and Hyderabad. And such ancestors maintained close relations to the Mughals (see the example in the first post of this thread). Not likely to be found in a village in Pakistan or Kashmir because Mughals did not mingle in such areas for too long, like they did in the main cities.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misanthropy For This Useful Post:

parasar (12-07-2022),  Raza94 (12-07-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Punchi-Kashmiri
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z94

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropy View Post
    Also from what we've seen online, these types of roots or similar are more likely to be found in cosmopolitan areas that traditionally held the most Muslim power, such as Delhi, Lucknow, and Hyderabad. And such ancestors maintained close relations to the Mughals (see the example in the first post of this thread). Not likely to be found in a village in Pakistan or Kashmir because Mughals did not mingle in such areas for too long, like they did in the main cities.
    I would tend to agree with the point you are making here. We can also see results being posted by people located in cosmopolitan areas that they have some foreign ancestry although I've mostly seen Pashtun type ancestry online. A lot of South Asians seems to get genetic Central Asian, West Asia type stuff but I think that's mostly older stuff in us.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a1c-JST002611
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

India Pakistan United Kingdom Mughal Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I would tend to agree with the point you are making here. We can also see results being posted by people located in cosmopolitan areas that they have some foreign ancestry although I've mostly seen Pashtun type ancestry online. A lot of South Asians seems to get genetic Central Asian, West Asia type stuff but I think that's mostly older stuff in us.
    In the UK, the majority of Kashmiris are actually from Mirpur, AJK.

I am not sure how Kashmiris from other districts view them.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Punchi-Kashmiri
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z94

Quote Originally Posted by deuterium_1 View Post
    In the UK, the majority of Kashmiris are actually from Mirpur, AJK.

I am not sure how Kashmiris from other districts view them.
    http://piketty.pse.ens.fr/files/ideo...20Vol%20II.pdf

Looking at the 1911 census of Kashmir, Mirpur has all kinds of bradaris. I'd love to get a few more sample to see how their genetics shifts toward the Potoharis or Towards Punchis/Kashmirs. I would say if we get some samples from known rules of the hill-states or their families, it's possible we find something foreign because after all the Mughals did rule for a while and it it's not far fetched that they would've married someone off to make sure they stay loyal / keep order. Unfortunately historical records are pretty scant on the 24+ hill kingdoms around Kashmir. getting to the Mirpuri's in the UK they're like 4-5 gens in and mostly don't know what bradari they belong to as far as I can tell.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthebuilder For This Useful Post:

Kapisa (12-09-2022)

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast