Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Americans Blacks Have DNA from an Englishman?

Registered Users
    Sex

Do Americans Blacks Have DNA from an Englishman?

I don't see them on Vahaduo, but if you look at the famous Americans Blacks who have a DNA test, they seem to have some of Europe, mainly Englishman.

https://ethnicelebs.com/quincy-jones

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Puerto Rico Cuba
    Yes, the average African-American is 20% "white"... their ancestors come from different parts of Europe, including Italy, Iberia, the British Isles, Scandinavia...

Here are some results for AAs:

https://justbrittanymoments.files.wo...1720.jpg?w=648
    https://i.redd.it/hhzo9zf86g011.jpg
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MoKZDfo1oxA/maxresdefault.jpg

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milkyway For This Useful Post:

Alain (06-14-2020),  Cracow (06-14-2020),  Onur Dincer (06-17-2020),  Riverman (06-14-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

All Afro-Americans have at least some European admixture. What is probably less known, but is something I often encountered, is that Afro-Americans of some US American regions seem have, on a quite regular basis, Native American ancestry too on a low level. Its actually far more common and higher than in Euro-Americans, even in most of those which claim to have Amerindian ancestry.

The distribution of the admixtures is not random, but concentrates in some states of the USA:

https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/imag...004765-gr1.jpg

Going after a study from 2015 Afro-Americans from South Carolina are the most Subsaharan, those from West Virginia among the most European shifted and the ones from the Western states, but also New York and New Jersey have the most Native American admixture. So it seems Afro-Americans which moved West intermixed on a more regular basis with Indians.

Genome-wide ancestry estimates of African Americans show average proportions of 73.2% African, 24.0% European, and 0.8% Native American ancestry (Table 1). We find systematic differences across states in the US in mean ancestry proportions of self-reported African Americans (Figure 1 and Table S2). On average, the highest levels of African ancestry are found in African Americans living in or born in the South, especially South Carolina and Georgia (Figure 1Aand Table S3). We find lower proportions of African ancestry in the Northeast, the Midwest, the Pacific Northwest, and California. The amount of Native American ancestry estimated for African Americans also varies across states in the US. More than 5% of African Americans are estimated to carry at least 2% Native American ancestry genome-wide (Figures S1 and 1D). African Americans in the West and Southwest on average carry higher levels of Native American ancestry, a trend that is largely driven by individuals with less than 2% Native American ancestry (Figure 1. With a lower threshold of 1% Native American ancestry, we estimate that about 22% of African Americans carry some Native American ancestry (Figure S2).
    Link "The Genetic Ancestry of African Americans, Latinos, and European Americans across the United States":
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...714004765#fig1

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Riverman For This Useful Post:

Alain (06-14-2020),  Cracow (06-15-2020),  jstephan (06-15-2020),  Milkyway (06-15-2020),  Onur Dincer (06-17-2020),  Tolan (06-16-2020)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)

Northern Ireland Ireland Scotland
    Not always

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Nqp15hhu View Post
    Not always
    Are there examples of "old stock" Afro-Americans (from the USA, no recent African immigrants) with no European admixture at all?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Going after a study from 2015 Afro-Americans from South Carolina are the most Subsaharan, those from West Virginia among the most European shifted and the ones from the Western states, but also New York and New Jersey have the most Native American admixture. So it seems Afro-Americans which moved West intermixed on a more regular basis with Indians.
    I wonder whether this ancestry has been confidently identified as Native American as opposed to Eastern Asian & American in general. I have seen mtDNA results for self-identified African-American individuals who belong to clearly Southeast Asian/Austronesian haplogroups (perhaps via Malagasy-related admixture prior to migration to America) as well as others who belong to clearly East Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) haplogroups.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    I wonder whether this ancestry has been confidently identified as Native American as opposed to Eastern Asian & American in general. I have seen mtDNA results for self-identified African-American individuals who belong to clearly Southeast Asian/Austronesian haplogroups (perhaps via Malagasy-related admixture prior to migration to America) as well as others who belong to clearly East Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) haplogroups.
    That's something I considered too, but it seems to be far more exceptional than the Native American admixture. That's not just from scientific studies, but also private testing like 23andme, which consistently proves Native American ancestry in Afro-Americans. However, one doesn't exclude the other. I would have said that in the far West real East Asian admixture could be present or, like you said on a low level from Austronesians or slaves and workers from SEA. Actually, if its real, there should be a pattern.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA (M)
    H76

European Union Poland Germany Lithuania Romania Ukraine
    That's something I considered too, but it seems to be far more exceptional than the Native American admixture. That's not just from scientific studies, but also private testing like 23andme, which consistently proves Native American ancestry in Afro-Americans. However, one doesn't exclude the other. I would have said that in the far West real East Asian admixture could be present or, like you said on a low level from Austronesians or slaves and workers from SEA. Actually, if its real, there should be a pattern.
    What I know defensively is that in ancient times, Austronesian groups (late Pre-Columbian times) have colonized thin coastlines in South America and made trade contacts with the Incas
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

My FTDNA autosomal

East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%
    West and Central Europe 1%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA (M)
    H76

European Union Poland Germany Lithuania Romania Ukraine
    Sorry the word „definitive" not „defensively"
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

My FTDNA autosomal

East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%
    West and Central Europe 1%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    Possibly R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a3a1

England North of England Ireland Scotland Germany Romani Star of David
    Are there examples of "old stock" Afro-Americans (from the USA, no recent African immigrants) with no European admixture at all?
    I believe a black American pastor called TD Jakes scored 100% SSA on a test. However, that was several years back so his results have likely changed by now.
    Target: mildlycurly_scaled
    Distance: 1.3578% / 0.01357814
    57.0 Irish
    37.6 English
    2.6 Roma_Barcelona
    1.8 Ashkenazi_Germany
    1.0 Roma_Granada

I make music. Listen to it here: Hidden Content or here: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast