Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

England United Kingdom England
    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Apparently some of the Kelteminar ancestors are supposed to have migrated from further south around Hissar.

Where is the information from that Kelteminar is a mix of West Siberian Hunter-Gatherers and Iran Neolithic like ancestries?
    A bunch of Central Eurasian HG's dating up to 2000 B.C. showed non-trace amounts of Iran_N-related admixture:

Kelteminar is sandwiched in-between the implicated HG's from Narasimhan et al. 2019.

So, Psynome's right - I'd forgotten about that autosomal signal. Some divergent branches of Y-DNA J (potentially also L) may also exist among them, as a result.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

artemv (07-01-2020),  Psynome (06-30-2020)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European, Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Ireland Connacht Ireland Prussia Rheinland Germany
    Yeah, you’re probably right. I believe the connection to Pit Comb is mostly based on pottery and lifestyle, so there could have been very little genetic connection.
    Last edited by SonoftheSea; 06-30-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Registered Users

Apparently some of the Kelteminar ancestors are supposed to have migrated from further south around Hissar.

Where is the information from that Kelteminar is a mix of West Siberian Hunter-Gatherers and Iran Neolithic like ancestries?
    I don't recall that we have any actual Kelteminar samples currently, but we have samples from close in space and time from Narasimhan 2019. For example, Sarazm_EN.

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...at7487/tab-pdf

Importantly, is is a mix of Iran Chalcolithic and West Siberian like ancestry, not Iran Neolithic. I misremembered. Anatolia Neolithic ancestry is there. The Iran Neolithic component dominates, and so markers like J and R2 are likely to be most common. This profile is currently the closest guess we have to Kelteminar we have to my knowledge.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psynome For This Useful Post:

J Man (06-30-2020),  SonoftheSea (06-30-2020),  ThaYamamoto (07-02-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

What are your guesses for Kelteminar Y-DNA?
    Some kind of Q, R1b and maybe R2.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

J Man (06-30-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Psynome View Post
    I think that's not outside the realm of possibility, but I'm not aware of what the Comb Ceramic association is based on, and I think typically Q predominates over N1 in Paleosiberian related groups (for example Botai), and Kelteminar appears to have ancestry from such a Paleosiberian population.
    Which Botai sample has turned out Q? I thought only ydna N and R1b have been found from Botai.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Faravid View Post
    Which Botai sample has turned out Q? I thought only ydna N and R1b have been found from Botai.
    You're completely right, I misremembered. I assume this is why Generalissimo included R1b in his prediction. Both N and R1b are plausible candidates to show up in Kelteminar based on proximity to Botai in this case.

Registered Users
    Sex

It certainly will be interesting to see since Kelteminar is located right next door to both WSHG and Iran N type populations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12