Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 24genetics results - Southern European

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     24Genetics (02-20-2021),  Aiden (07-23-2020),  Axiom (05-29-2021),  Mr.G (07-20-2021),  Nino90 (02-08-2021),  Pedro Ruben (02-16-2021),  Tomenable (07-20-2021)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    306
    Sex

    Southern Portuguese but hardly any Portugal

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiden For This Useful Post:

     Luso (06-04-2021)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Southern Portuguese but hardly any Portugal
    ik, very odd..
    History of the Algarve: Hidden Content

    Paternal Lineage- R-Z225: São Bartolomeu de Messines- em Silves, Portugal

    Maternal Lineage: H1c3: Estrela de Monchique- em Silves, Portugal

    Silves, Portugal: Hidden Content

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    ik, very odd..
    Spanish and Portuguese DNA are pretty similar IIRC, so the fact you got Spanish doesn’t surprise me. Your 6% North African is cool. Do you get any North African on 23andme, or just Iberian? I definitely wonder if the Iberian category on there includes Moorish markers.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocoholic For This Useful Post:

     Aiden (06-04-2021),  Tomenable (06-29-2021)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    Spanish and Portuguese DNA are pretty similar IIRC, so the fact you got Spanish doesn’t surprise me. Your 6% North African is cool. Do you get any North African on 23andme, or just Iberian? I definitely wonder if the Iberian category on there includes Moorish markers.
    on 23andMe I got 1% North African and 1% cypriot
    History of the Algarve: Hidden Content

    Paternal Lineage- R-Z225: São Bartolomeu de Messines- em Silves, Portugal

    Maternal Lineage: H1c3: Estrela de Monchique- em Silves, Portugal

    Silves, Portugal: Hidden Content

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     chocoholic (06-04-2021)

  10. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    on 23andMe I got 1% North African and 1% cypriot
    Yeah, then you probably have some Moorish ancestry buried into your Iberian percentages as well. I’d definitely recommend G25 to see if you have any Levantine or North African ancestry. From the reference sheet, just choose the Portuguese samples, and some of the North African ones, to see what you would get on there. I’m pretty good at making tailored models, so hmu if you need any help.

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    Yeah, then you probably have some Moorish ancestry buried into your Iberian percentages as well. I’d definitely recommend G25 to see if you have any Levantine or North African ancestry. From the reference sheet, just choose the Portuguese samples, and some of the North African ones, to see what you would get on there. I’m pretty good at making tailored models, so hmu if you need any help.
    I have my g25, if you send me the code i could show my results.
    History of the Algarve: Hidden Content

    Paternal Lineage- R-Z225: São Bartolomeu de Messines- em Silves, Portugal

    Maternal Lineage: H1c3: Estrela de Monchique- em Silves, Portugal

    Silves, Portugal: Hidden Content

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     chocoholic (06-04-2021),  Tomenable (07-20-2021)

  13. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal
    Forgot to add the "Regions in Europe":



    I'm from the Algarve and I only get .30% of "Portugal Algarve"
    Last edited by Luso; 07-20-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    History of the Algarve: Hidden Content

    Paternal Lineage- R-Z225: São Bartolomeu de Messines- em Silves, Portugal

    Maternal Lineage: H1c3: Estrela de Monchique- em Silves, Portugal

    Silves, Portugal: Hidden Content

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     Tomenable (07-20-2021)

  15. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,662
    Sex
    Location
    Poznan, Poland
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

    Poland Poland Pomerania European Union Polish–LithuanianCommonwealth
    Algarve was the last area of Portugal to be reconquered from the Moors:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdo...est_of_Algarve

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algarve#History

    "In the mid-13th century, during the Reconquista, the Kingdom of Portugal took over the region in a series of successful military campaigns against the Moors. Al-Gharb became the Kingdom of the Algarve, and the Moors were expelled in 1294. As the southernmost region to be conquered by the Portuguese, the coveted territory became for a while the end goal of the Kingdom of Portugal’s expansionist policy known as Reconquista and by itself one of the reasons behind the foundation of Portugal. There were subsequent Moorish attempts to recapture the region, without success."

    BTW what do you score in other DNA tests ???

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

     Luso (07-20-2021)

  17. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    416
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    South Portugal
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3*
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Algarve was the last area of Portugal to be reconquered from the Moors:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdo...est_of_Algarve

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algarve#History

    "In the mid-13th century, during the Reconquista, the Kingdom of Portugal took over the region in a series of successful military campaigns against the Moors. Al-Gharb became the Kingdom of the Algarve, and the Moors were expelled in 1294. As the southernmost region to be conquered by the Portuguese, the coveted territory became for a while the end goal of the Kingdom of Portugal’s expansionist policy known as Reconquista and by itself one of the reasons behind the foundation of Portugal. There were subsequent Moorish attempts to recapture the region, without success."


    Yes, and my family is from the town of Silves which was the former capital of the Kingdom of the Algarve. It was held by the moors for a long time: "After 713, when the Moors invaded Iberia, Silves became part of the Umayyad Emirate of Córdoba under the Arabic name of Shilb (شلب). In the 10th century, it was one of the most important towns in western Al-Andalus." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silves,_Portugal)

    BTW what do you score in other DNA tests ???

    Here is my 23andMe:


    Here is my AncestryDNA:


    Here is my FTDNA results:


    Here is myHeritage results:


    Here is my ADNTRO:
    Last edited by Luso; 07-20-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    History of the Algarve: Hidden Content

    Paternal Lineage- R-Z225: São Bartolomeu de Messines- em Silves, Portugal

    Maternal Lineage: H1c3: Estrela de Monchique- em Silves, Portugal

    Silves, Portugal: Hidden Content

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     Tomenable (07-20-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 24genetics results
    By firemonkey in forum 24Genetics
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 10-06-2021, 08:31 AM
  2. My father's 24genetics results (Kurdish)
    By 95K1ller in forum 24Genetics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2021, 08:30 AM
  3. Ancient DNA confirms Estruscans were Southern European
    By Krefter in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 01-11-2020, 08:42 PM
  4. The Southern European Englishman
    By A Norfolk L-M20 in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 09:03 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 05:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •