Thread: Do you know how to extract info from this Y-DNA Database? About R1b in Filipinos.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Illongo-Visayan
    Nationality
    Filipino

Philippines

Do you know how to extract info from this Y-DNA Database? About R1b in Filipinos.

Does anybody know how to extract this info from this Y-DNA Database?

http://www6.appliedbiosystems.com/yfilerdatabase/

There was a person before who extracted this pie graph from the info on the 105 Filipinos in that Database.

And it resulted in this.

If anyone knows, please teach me how to replicate the data extraction so that I could prove to my wikipedia friends and other forums that there is a large Spanish admixture R1b at 13.33% and O1 Chinese admixture at 30%. Otherwise, if I can't replicate the data I can't prove that what's posted is correct. Which I assume, is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rene Bascos Sarabia Jr. For This Useful Post:

rms2 (08-20-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Irish, German
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21>L226>FGC5639

England Germany Netherlands France Ireland Switzerland
    The easiest way is to become an admin of the Philippines geographical FTDNA project and pull the project members YSTR report as a CSV file where you can sort. But you will have to map every tester to the branches shown which is some work. Or you can ask your friendly admin to pull a copy - but this report includes private testers as well. The next way is for you to just copy and paste the public version of the YSTR report into an EXCEL which would work as well (but YSTRs require some parsing of multi-copy markers, etc).

But the Philippines project does have 214 testers now. But many are private (25 to 50 %), many are not from Philippines but match people in the project (10 % to 20 %) and another 50 to 100 % more do not belong this project but have Filipino ancestry (requiring to you pull dozens or hundreds of more projects). I would pull the haplogroup O project to find more Filipino testers as well as more common Filipino surnames.
    Last edited by RobertCasey; 07-20-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Illongo-Visayan
    Nationality
    Filipino

Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertCasey View Post
    The easiest way is to become an admin of the Philippines geographical FTDNA project and pull the project members YSTR report as a CSV file where you can sort. But you will have to map every tester to the branches shown which is some work. Or you can ask your friendly admin to pull a copy - but this report includes private testers as well. The next way is for you to just copy and paste the public version of the YSTR report into an EXCEL which would work as well (but YSTRs require some parsing of multi-copy markers, etc).

But the Philippines project does have 214 testers now. But many are private (25 to 50 %), many are not from Philippines but match people in the project (10 % to 20 %) and another 50 to 100 % more do not belong this project but have Filipino ancestry (requiring to you pull dozens or hundreds of more projects). I would pull the haplogroup O project to find more Filipino testers as well as more common Filipino surnames.
    How can I just make do with the Database I presented? I don't have an FTDNA Registration.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Irish, German
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21>L226>FGC5639

England Germany Netherlands France Ireland Switzerland
    YSTR reports are available to the general public - so if you are not an admin, the copy and paste method works.

The "terminal YSNP" value is included in the YSTR report. So if recreation of the chart is the only thing you want to do, that is the only column in the report that you would use. But you would have to create another column to assign each terminal YSNP value to broad categories of haplogroups. In order to do this, you would need access to the "public YDNA FTDNA haplotree" to group testers together. Also, you should start with the Philippines FTDNA project - but you should remove non-Filipino testers (those that do not list Philippines in the Geographic origin column or the male "Earliest Known Ancestor" field). Some list "Spain" in the Geographic origin field but then lists Philippines as the residence of their oldest proven ancestor. Also, pulling just one project will rarely be a very complete view of Philippine testers - so you may want to copy and paste other Filipino testers from haplogroup O project and other projects. You do have to have MS EXCEL (or equivalent). Once you have the data, EXCEL has circle chart capability as a charting option (your graphic looks like an EXCEL chart).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Illongo-Visayan
    Nationality
    Filipino

Philippines
    I still don't know, do get the data from the YSTR reports of FTDNA and put it in Applied Biosystems?