Thread: Living DNA results now more accurate for non-British populations

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China
    Livingdna at this point is bad for me. My European is about 10% more than it should be, they completely miss my Indian, my African and East Asian are too low as well. Somehow I have more Northwest/South Germanic than both my parents combined
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JFWinstone For This Useful Post:

msmarjoribanks (06-19-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Afro,Euro,Amerind
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M85
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c14

United States of America
    My MyLivingDNA results
    They are quite inaccurate.
    My SubSaharan African is a little too high.
    My European is a bit too low with the British being too low and not showing any French nor any Ashkenazi Jewish.
    They gave me 3 percent Saudi Arabian.
    They didn't give me any Amerindian even though I have Amerindian segments on both my maternal and paternal chromosomes.
    I wouldn't recommend My Living DNA to anybody.
    I think Multiracial people that are highly multiethnic like myself are too hard to analyze.
    paternal ancestry is African American with English and Acadian
    maternal ancestry is Cape Verdean, Ashkenazi Jewish (from Romania and Latvia), Puerto Rican, Madeiran, Azorean, English, Scottish, German, Irish, Swiss, Welsh, Dutch, Frisian

Eurogenes K13
    Sub_Saharan 47.34%
    North_Atlantic 18.75%
    West_Med 9.90%
    East_Med 6.70%
    Baltic 4.70%
    Northeast_African 3.60%
    West_Asian 2.73%
    Amerindian 2.38%
    Red_Sea 1.86%
    East_Asian 1.20%
    Siberian 0.64%
    Oceanian 0.11%
    South Asian 0.10%

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glaucus For This Useful Post:

Aiden (06-20-2021),  JFWinstone (06-19-2021),  Nqp15hhu (06-19-2021),  Riverman (06-19-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North, West and East Euro
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-CTS5966
    mtDNA (P)
    H2a3

United States of America Denmark France Prussia Russia Imperial Germany
    Yes, LivingDNA is quite off for me as well. Back in 2019 when they had their "surveyed" update, I was assigned a new Scotland and Ireland grouping that is not the same as individuals with actual Irish or Scottish ancestry. When I inquired, I was told that it is basically Broadly NW European - ancestry that could not be assigned. This is currently 14.9%. French only shows up in a minor Basque assignment and German/Scandinavian is somewhere in the NW Germanic and Scandinavian regions - those are probably the only two assignments that make sense.
    Known Ancestry: NW Russian 25%, Central French 25%, North German 25%, Scandinavian (mostly Dane/Swede, distant Norwegian) 12.5%, Polish/Prussian 12.5%

AncestryDNA (2020 update): Eastern European and Russia 33%, Germanic Europe 32%, Sweden 10%, Norway 7%, Baltics 7%, France 5%, Scotland 4%, Finland 1%, Malta 1%

23andMe (v5.9): French and German 41.1%, Eastern European 38%, Scandinavian 8%, Finnish 1.6%, British and Irish 0.8%, BNWE 10.2%, North African 0.2%, Broadly European 0.1%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Afro,Euro,Amerind
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M85
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c14

United States of America
    Living DNA completely missed my Ashkenazi Jewish. I am around 1/8 Ashkenazi Jewish. My maternal grandmother's mother was an Ashkenazi Jew. I get a lot of relative DNA matches on her side of the family. 23andme gives me 9.3 percent Ashkenazi Jewish, and Ancestry gives me 12 percent European Jewish. FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage give me no Jewish whatsoever. My Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroup is J1c14, and my matches are people with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. My maternal grandmother's father's ancestry was mainly English with German, Scottish, Irish, Swiss, Welsh, Dutch, and Frisian. My African American father was born and raised in New Orleans, and he had some English and French ancestry. His maternal grandmother's father was the son of European American man with an English American father and a mother that was 3/4 Acadian. The vast majority of my paternal European DNA segment matches are on the side of my 3/4 Acadian 4th Great Grandmother. They're especially matches on my European segments on paternal Chromosomes 5, 15, and 20. I have Amerindian segments on both my maternal and paternal chromosomes with largest being on paternal Chromosome 9. My maternal grandfather's maternal grandfather was Puerto Rican. The average Puerto Rican is part Taino.
    paternal ancestry is African American with English and Acadian
    maternal ancestry is Cape Verdean, Ashkenazi Jewish (from Romania and Latvia), Puerto Rican, Madeiran, Azorean, English, Scottish, German, Irish, Swiss, Welsh, Dutch, Frisian

Eurogenes K13
    Sub_Saharan 47.34%
    North_Atlantic 18.75%
    West_Med 9.90%
    East_Med 6.70%
    Baltic 4.70%
    Northeast_African 3.60%
    West_Asian 2.73%
    Amerindian 2.38%
    Red_Sea 1.86%
    East_Asian 1.20%
    Siberian 0.64%
    Oceanian 0.11%
    South Asian 0.10%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF49>FT285982
    mtDNA (M)
    H3
    Y-DNA (M)
    G-Z39308

FWIW, although I haven't payed for the ancestry results, I did upload my DNA for matching there a while back, and accidentally uploaded it twice. The preview for both of my profiles is different (one says 98.1% Europe, 5% Europe South and 1.9% Near East, while the other says 95.7% Europe, 8.3% Europe South and 4.3% Near East). I was pretty sure I had uploaded the same data (this was a couple years ago), but it's possible that one kit is my Ancestry data and the other is 23andme, which would explain the differences to an extent. At any rate I can tell that these results are wrong because I am more Southern European than that.

Paternal: Jew I. Jewett b.~1800 Albany County, New York, USA
    Maternal: Elizabeth Ann (Bennet?) b.~1850 Peters Marland, Devon, England
    Mother's Paternal: Domenico Mecca b.~1750 Avigliano, Basilicata, Italy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cuan For This Useful Post:

Aiden (06-20-2021)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234