Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L26
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Greece United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperAxe View Post
    The Ust'-Belaya sample was from Chukotka, around 2400-2000 bc and had Y-dna haplogroup Q1a2. The study that published his sample mentioned that his ancestry is best understood as a mixture of Paleo-Eskimos such as Saqqaq and West Siberian populations and with a high amount of ANE ancestry, which is interesting but not all to clear in my opinion.
    Kolmya1 had Q1a1b and Saqqaq had Q2b if I'm not mistaken.

Note: In Flegontov et al. they also refer to Ust'-Belaya Angara samples, which is from a completely different site near the Baikal region
    That was an error made in the preprint that was corrected in the peer-reviewed version. All the Ust-Belaya samples are from the Baikal region; none come from Chukotka. Another error was made that I'm not sure was corrected: One of the Ust-Belaya samples was an outlier, showing a lot of Steppe MLBA ancestry. But this sample was mislabelled as Neolithic, while a "Ust-Belaya Medieval" sample actually clustered with the Neolithic ones. Somebody mixed those two samples up at the lab. From what I remember it's not been corrected in the Eurogenes spreadsheet, but I corrected it in my copy.
    Last edited by Michalis Moriopoulos; 07-27-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michalis Moriopoulos For This Useful Post:

Alain (07-28-2020),  CopperAxe (07-28-2020),  Hando (07-29-2020),  Megalophias (07-27-2020),  Ryukendo (07-27-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Netherlands Kenya
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalis Moriopoulos View Post
    That was an error made in the preprint that was corrected in the peer-reviewed version. All the Ust-Belaya samples are from the Baikal region; none come from Chukotka. Another error was made that I'm not sure was corrected: One of the Ust-Belaya samples was an outlier, showing a lot of Steppe MLBA ancestry. But this sample was mislabelled as Neolithic, while a "Ust-Belaya Medieval" sample actually clustered with the Neolithic ones. Somebody mixed those two samples up at the lab. From what I remember it's not been corrected in the Eurogenes spreadsheet, but I corrected it in my copy.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up mate!

It is really confusing though because you do actually have a village called Ust'-Belaya in Chukotka, with neolithic sites. But then again Ust' just means mouth (of a river) if I'm not mistaken and every other river in Russia is named Belaya it seems. Not that innovative regarding hydronyms.

The weird part is that the suppl. of the pre-print listed sources for the excevations of the Chukotkan Ust'-Belaya site. Do you by any chance know which of the samples in the official sampes was the one misplaced in the pre-print?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CopperAxe For This Useful Post:

Hando (07-29-2020),  Michalis Moriopoulos (07-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Aegean Greek + NW Euro
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L26
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Greece United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperAxe View Post
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up mate!

It is really confusing though because you do actually have a village called Ust'-Belaya in Chukotka, with neolithic sites. But then again Ust' just means mouth (of a river) if I'm not mistaken and every other river in Russia is named Belaya it seems. Not that innovative regarding hydronyms.

The weird part is that the suppl. of the pre-print listed sources for the excevations of the Chukotkan Ust'-Belaya site. Do you by any chance know which of the samples in the official sampes was the one misplaced in the pre-print?
    Yeah, I know it's a mess. I remember being very confused about it when the paper first came out. But it was corrected in the peer-reviewed version and it was just plain obvious from the genetics that they're all Baikal samples.

I'd have to look since I have both the preprint and the final version saved.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michalis Moriopoulos For This Useful Post:

CopperAxe (07-28-2020),  Hando (07-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Care to present a stat? Which one of it is more related?
    F3 outgroup
    Greenland_Saqqaq.SG PrimorskyKrai_Boisman_MN Mbuti.DG 0.303956
    Greenland_Saqqaq.SG DevilsCave_N.SG Mbuti.DG 0.302686
    Baikal_BA.SG PrimorskyKrai_Boisman_MN Mbuti.DG 0.299293
    Baikal_BA.SG DevilsCave_N.SG Mbuti.DG 0.299126
    Collection of 14,000 d-stats: Hidden Content Part 2: Hidden Content Part 3: Hidden Content PM me for d-stats, qpadm, qpgraph, or f3-outgroup nmonte models.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kale For This Useful Post:

Ryukendo (07-31-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234