Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Y-DNA lineage best represents the AASI?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2- (J-Z6082)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1a

Which Y-DNA lineage best represents the AASI?

Early on when I started getting into this field, nearly eight years ago, I had wagered that H and L represented the AASI with R1a and R2 being brought by the ANI.

I'm beginning to think that this is wrong now.

Now I'm of the belief that AASI lineages were generally represented by C, D, O, K and were first supplanted by H and later further by R1a.

What is the general consensus regarding the Y-DNA of the AASI?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to subzero85 For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (07-28-2020),  Coldmountains (07-29-2020),  parasar (07-27-2020),  Riverman (07-30-2020),  traject (07-30-2020),  vishankar (07-30-2020)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    Early on when I started getting into this field, nearly eight years ago, I had wagered that H and L represented the AASI with R1a and R2 being brought by the ANI.

I'm beginning to think that this is wrong now.

Now I'm of the belief that AASI lineages were generally represented by C, D, O, K and were first supplanted by H and later further by R1a.

What is the general consensus regarding the Y-DNA of the AASI?
    Will be a guess game!

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Uttar Pradesh
    Nationality
    India/UK

aren't Kalash L?

Registered Users
    Sex

H and L are definitely major groups. H itself probably would have been dominant whenever we put the transition of AASI into ASI. L is much younger than H and if i had to guess the L clades in India entered India as soon L started to diversify. C is harder to date in India, but i'd guess it's been in India for a long time. D isn't found in any populations in India other than those with ties to groups in the Northeast who aren't majorly AASI derived. O in India is also from the east and unrelated to AASI.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xenus For This Useful Post:

Megalophias (07-29-2020)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA (M)
    H28a/H1b5(Wife)

C-K98 and his subclades look AASI-related. It diverged from other C-clades around 50000 years ago and is closest related to C clades in Papua-Neuguinea, Australia and Southeast Asia/South China. Today K98 pretty much has a pan-Indian distribution but i have also seen it among two academic Afghan samples.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/C-K98/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Riverman (07-30-2020)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA (M)
    H28a/H1b5(Wife)

Quote Originally Posted by xenus View Post
    H and L are definitely major groups. H itself probably would have been dominant whenever we put the transition of AASI into ASI. L is much younger than H and if i had to guess the L clades in India entered India as soon L started to diversify. C is harder to date in India, but i'd guess it's been in India for a long time. D isn't found in any populations in India other than those with ties to groups in the Northeast who aren't majorly AASI derived. O in India is also from the east and unrelated to AASI.
    H and L most likely arrived just with IVC and Neolithic groups in India. Ultimately both clades are deeply rooted in West Eurasia.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Riverman (07-30-2020),  Sapporo (07-30-2020),  tipirneni (07-29-2020),  vishankar (07-30-2020)

Gold Class Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    H and L most likely arrived just with IVC and Neolithic groups in India. Ultimately both clades are deeply rooted in West Eurasia.
    H is 55000 years old and to date the oldest is an H2 from 8000 BC PPNB.
    L is 45000 years old and to date the oldest is from 4000 BC Areni.

"All three males from this population belong to Y-chromosome haplogroup L1a-M27/P329. The M27 mutation is common in South Asian haplogroup L Y-chromosomes1,2, but was absent in a survey of Y-chromosomes from Anatolia3 . Haplogroup L occurs at a very low ~2% frequency in present-day Armenians4 . Our results indicate that it was present inChalcolithic Armenia, but the fact that all three Chalcolithic Armenians belonged to it should not be necessarily interpreted as evidence that it was common there, as our samples are from a single location (Areni-1 cave) and may represent a local founder population."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

Riverman (07-30-2020),  tipirneni (07-29-2020),  xenus (07-31-2020)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA (M)
    H28a/H1b5(Wife)

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    H is 55000 years old and to date the oldest is an H2 from 8000 BC PPNB.
    L is 45000 years old and to date the oldest is from 4000 BC Areni.

"All three males from this population belong to Y-chromosome haplogroup L1a-M27/P329. The M27 mutation is common in South Asian haplogroup L Y-chromosomes1,2, but was absent in a survey of Y-chromosomes from Anatolia3 . Haplogroup L occurs at a very low ~2% frequency in present-day Armenians4 . Our results indicate that it was present inChalcolithic Armenia, but the fact that all three Chalcolithic Armenians belonged to it should not be necessarily interpreted as evidence that it was common there, as our samples are from a single location (Areni-1 cave) and may represent a local founder population."
    I don't think H and L existed both in West Asia and South Asia prior 10000 years ago. There are not really much archaelogical links between both regions prior to the Neolithic and AASI is very distant from West Eurasians what points against some geneflow in the Paleolithic between both regions. Rather H and L arrived from Gedrosia into South Asia with the first Neolithic Iran_N-rich migrations.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Helves (07-29-2020),  Riverman (07-30-2020),  Sapporo (07-30-2020),  tipirneni (07-29-2020),  traject (07-30-2020)

Gold Class Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    I don't see H and L existing both in West Asia and South Asia prior 10000 years ago. There are not really much archaelogical links between both regions prior to the Neolithic and AASI is very distant from West Eurasians what points against some geneflow in the Paleolithic between both regions. Rather H and L arrived from Gedrosia into South Asia with the first Neolithic Iran_N-rich migrations.
    And Gedrosia (Greek for Makran) is not South Asia? The geneflow into the region in the neolithic period was from the east/south east, not the west.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Uttar Pradesh
    Nationality
    India/UK

I actually always wonder if Balochistan is considered south asia or west asia? what about Mehrgarh? ancestors of IVC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast