Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3

United States of America Portugal Portugal 1143 Portugal Order of Christ
    I always thought I had a lot of Atlantic for a Portuguese... seems like Ruderico and Luasits really have a lot

K13:
    Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
    1 North_Atlantic 40.73
    2 West_Med 24.59
    3 East_Med 13.84
    4 Baltic 11.36
    5 Red_Sea 3.52
    6 Northeast_African 2.88
    7 Sub-Saharan 1.34

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Nationality
    Spanish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y22889
    mtDNA (M)
    H3-T152C!

Spain Andalucia Spanish Empire (1506-1701)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruderico View Post
    Thanks, that's hilarious, you have even more Atlantic than I do which is extremely rare. Our national reference has 26.6%, I have 34.7% and you still manage to beat that. Your North European-related components are very high and on par with Cantabrian and Catalonian references, which is perhaps the first time I see on a Portuguese individual. I'd really like to see how that would pan out in G25, but you'd have to pay David 12USD in order to get that. My guess is that we'll have similar profiles, but you might be more North/NE-shifted than I. Hard to say because your NE African is also very high, even though the ADMIXTURE algorithm gave you no SSA. Also these things might not translate accordingly to G25, since these components aren't totally reliable.

Whereabouts in Aveiro? I have a few lines of ancestry from Castelo de Paiva, northwestern Arouca and northeastern Feira (both close to the border with Gondomar). It's still a very minor part of my ancestry though, most of which is from Viseu, Porto and Braga districts
    That K15 is indeed a funny one. Even when shifted north, her Baltic is very low.
    Do you have a question or topic about genetics in Spain and/or prefer to use Spanish language? Visit the new subforum!

Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadogowah For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (07-31-2020)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese highlander
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y31991>FT17866
    mtDNA (M)
    H20 (xH20a)

Asturias Galicia Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ PortugalRoyalFlag1830
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadogowah View Post
    That K15 is indeed a funny one. Even when shifted north, her Baltic is very low.
    Yes, it's a consequence of her higher scores in other components. Her Baltic + East Euro is very low, which is probably compensating for her rather average North Sea which is generally low when one has higher Atlantic. I'm the other way around, I have low North Sea but average-ish Baltic + East Euro. She'd probably plot somewhere near me in David's Celtic VS Germanic PCA (ie very low Scandinavian-related drift) if this isn't just ADMIXTURE being funny.
    These old tests' components tend to be more fluctuating as their number increases, which is why I dislike K36
    Last edited by Ruderico; 07-31-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo
    YDNA E-Y31991>PF4428>Y134097>Y134104>Y168273>FT17866 (TMRCA ~800AD) - Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1690 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal - Stonemason, miller.
    mtDNA H20 - Monica Vieira, b. circa 1700 Hidden Content , Porto, Portugal

Hidden Content
    Global25 PCA West Eurasia dataset Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.6023"

Ruderico

Iberia_IA+Hallstatt,82.2
    Berber_EMA,10
    Rome_Imperial,7
    Levant_Roman,0.8

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruderico For This Useful Post:

jstephan (07-31-2020),  Shadogowah (07-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1ao1

Suebi Kingdom Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ Brazilian Empire Brazil
    The tests only try to understand and interpret the admixtures. Of course the proportions shall point to different origins. I am more or less 80% hard core Colonial Portuguese in Brazil, so I have the typical Portuguese components from the areas of Minho-Açores and I have one Eastern German Bisavô (12.5%), here I have more Baltic and Eastern European than any Iberian more 3-4% Amerindian, that is also half Northern European, more 1% SSAfrican that usually some Southern Euro also have, so the calculators will try to find a way to settle things and the Oracle, 2 or 4 populations will tell part of the segmented history and show sometimes unknown but real admixtures in some tests.
    J1 FGC5987 to FGC6175 (188 new SNPs)
    MDKAs before Colonial Brazil
    Y-DNA - Milhazes, Barcelos, Minho, Portugal.
    mtDNA - Ilha Terceira, Azores, Portugal
    North_Swedish + PT + PT + PT @ 3.96 EUtest 4

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    The tests only try to understand and interpret the admixtures. Of course the proportions shall point to different origins. I am more or less 80% hard core Colonial Portuguese in Brazil, so I have the typical Portuguese components from the areas of Minho-Açores and I have one Eastern German Bisavô (12.5%), here I have more Baltic and Eastern European than any Iberian more 3-4% Amerindian, that is also half Northern European, more 1% SSAfrican that usually some Southern Euro also have, so the calculators will try to find a way to settle things and the Oracle, 2 or 4 populations will tell part of the segmented history and show sometimes unknown but real admixtures in some tests.
    What? Amerindians are not half Northern European. They are 1/3 Ancient North Eurasian, a kind of admixture that predates the modern Northern European cluster by at least some thousands of years. Besides, we don't even know if the ANE found in Amerindians is of similar type as that in Europeans and how long they diverged. The remaining 2/3 of Amerindians is Han-like but at the same time it diverged from Han people and other East Asians since a long time, so they are a highly diverged archaic population. Almost like living relics.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1ao1

Suebi Kingdom Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ Brazilian Empire Brazil
    Yes, they are related, just like Siberian Y-DNA P is the antecessor of Q and R
    https://yfull.com/tree/P-P337/
    I remember when Nick Patterson discovered the genetic link in 2012 between the Paleolithic population of Europe and modern Native Americans

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese highlander
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y31991>FT17866
    mtDNA (M)
    H20 (xH20a)

Asturias Galicia Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ PortugalRoyalFlag1830
    Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    Yes, they are related, just like Siberian Y-DNA P is the antecessor of Q and R
    https://yfull.com/tree/P-P337/
    I remember when Nick Patterson discovered the genetic link in 2012 between the Paleolithic population of Europe and modern Native Americans
    That's because of the reasons he stated, but I seriously doubt having native American ancestry will increase any of your north European-related components
    YDNA E-Y31991>PF4428>Y134097>Y134104>Y168273>FT17866 (TMRCA ~800AD) - Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1690 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal - Stonemason, miller.

Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.6023"

Ruderico

Iberia_IA+Hallstatt,82.2
    Berber_EMA,10
    Rome_Imperial,7
    Levant_Roman,0.8

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruderico For This Useful Post:

Caius Agrippa (07-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Portuguese

Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruderico View Post
    Thanks, that's hilarious, you have even more Atlantic than I do which is extremely rare. Our national reference has 26.6%, I have 34.7% and you still manage to beat that. Your North European-related components are very high and on par with Cantabrian and Catalonian references, which is perhaps the first time I see on a Portuguese individual. I'd really like to see how that would pan out in G25, but you'd have to pay David 12USD in order to get that. My guess is that we'll have similar profiles, but you might be more North/NE-shifted than I. Hard to say because your NE African is also very high, even though the ADMIXTURE algorithm gave you no SSA. Also these things might not translate accordingly to G25, since these components aren't totally reliable.

Whereabouts in Aveiro? I have a few lines of ancestry from Castelo de Paiva, northwestern Arouca and northeastern Feira (both close to the border with Gondomar). It's still a very minor part of my ancestry though, most of which is from Viseu, Porto and Braga districts
    How can I get the G25?
    They're all from Oliveira do Bairro and my dad's family is from Vila Nova de Gaia and Oliveira de Azeméis.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luasits For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (07-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1ao1

Finnish, Northern Russian (several ethnicities), Sami do show a small % of Native American in some tests or calculators because they had that kind of ancient Siberian connection, just a curiosity. As I have Eastern Germanic ancestry and a small proportion of Amerindian in some 4 oracles they show one population of the admixture as Finnish or Northern Swedish and I don't have ancestry from those regions but the admixture is more or less related.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese highlander
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y31991>FT17866
    mtDNA (M)
    H20 (xH20a)

Quote Originally Posted by luasits View Post
    How can I get the G25?
    They're all from Oliveira do Bairro and my dad's family is from Vila Nova de Gaia and Oliveira de Azeméis.
    Okay, I have traced my local ancestry some 8-10 generations back, Gaia is nearby, maybe we'll have some ancestors from the same location. One of our members' mother is from Feira, we both have ancestors from Vale but share no actual ancestor nor DNA segments. I made a map with the locations of my earliest ancestors https://i.postimg.cc/pXCmj3z1/fam-douro.png it would be interesting if we shared ancestors locations too

If you want your G25 coordinates you can get them here https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/...ore-to-be.html (with instructions).
    In the Portuguese section we have plenty of topics and posts about our G25 results and models involving it, you can check it out if you want. Most of that section is written in Portuguese https://anthrogenica.com/forumdispla...179-Portuguese

Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.6023"

Ruderico

Iberia_IA+Hallstatt,82.2
    Berber_EMA,10
    Rome_Imperial,7
    Levant_Roman,0.8

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruderico For This Useful Post:

luasits (07-31-2020)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast