Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

England United Kingdom England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    This paper is from 2016. It's not going to be very useful in getting an idea of his or Kashmiri admixture proportions in general (at least not any more than an outdated GEDMatch calc).
    Worse than that - It's an ADMIXTURE K=7 run based on modern populations:

Quote Originally Posted by from the paper
    An ADMIXTURE plot showing the proportion of ancestry each hypothetical ancestral population (K = 7) contributes to each studied population.
    It's about as informative as Dodecad K7b (and arguably less accurate than HarappaWorld).

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

deuterium_1 (07-29-2020),  kpb (07-29-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (07-29-2020),  Sapporo (07-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi (Ramgarhia)
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    L1a2
    mtDNA (P)
    U2b2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    The OP results seem to be fairly typical for Kashmiri. I think small %age of Southern euros on 23&me is not a big deal, my dad gets 0.9 Sardinian. His relative list has some Hispanics and Spanish on 23&me. As everyone suggested, G25 is the way to go.
    Panjab, پنجابی, ਫਤਿਹll

I miss Harambe everyday.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Adam A (07-30-2020),  Amber29 (07-29-2020),  Rahuls77 (07-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a2b1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

India Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    This paper is from 2016. It's not going to be very useful in getting an idea of his or Kashmiri admixture proportions in general (at least not any more than an outdated GEDMatch calc). The OP is much better off getting their G25 coordinates from David and then running modern or ancient models with the appropriate populations. Hopefully, he's reviewed the instructions on the first page and is already working on that.

I'd be very curious to see how he compares to the other Pandit on G25 as well as the Kohistani samples from Daamgard.
    It would be hard to publish a new paper on Kashmiri admixture, so this is probably the closest you'll get for now.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by kpb View Post
    I only can trace two of my grandparents lines back quite far, and funnily enough those sides have the most non-typical traits (blue and grey eyes and blond hair). My other two grandparents had various events in their family that makes it impossible to trace some sides. I don't even know my great-grandmothers maiden name. I do know from one side I can trace one of my 3x great grandfathers brother married an Iranian Muslim woman, but that would have no impact on me.

Looking at the spreadsheet, my Harappa scores are fairly typical for a Kashmiri but my Gedrosia SW Asian is putting me higher than Afghans and lower than Parsis and Iranians. Its a huge discrepancy. I certainly do hope the G25 clears it up. Seems my dad may have to get tested too...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=953170908
    I had a match, on Gedmatch, a Sarna fellow, with nearly 19% Caucasian, on Harappaworld, did not check anything else, and he has pulled down his profile.

I guess this excess West Asian(Caucasian, SW Asian & even Med) shouldn't be surprising for NW. Eventually its the G25 that conveys a better picture of our autosomal makeup.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (07-29-2020)

Gold Class Member

Hi All, I have just recently joined. I didn't see a thread for Kashmiri results so I thought I should start one! I have a bit of a mystery, too, if maybe someone could help...but first, results.

My Kashmiri Pandit Results:

My 23andMe:...
    Was 23andme not able to resolve your Y-R1a beyond M417?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kashmiri Pandit
    Y-DNA (P)
    RM417
    mtDNA (M)
    U7

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    Was 23andme not able to resolve your Y-R1a beyond M417?
    Unfortunately, no. I am a female so I was reliant on relatives from my direct paternal line for my haplogroup. They tested on an older chip so that was the most I could get. I would like to get my brother and dad tested. My 23andme is phased with my mother so its indicating the bulk of that 8% central asian is likely from my father.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kpb For This Useful Post:

parasar (07-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kashmiri Pandit
    Y-DNA (P)
    RM417
    mtDNA (M)
    U7

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    The OP results seem to be fairly typical for Kashmiri. I think small %age of Southern euros on 23&me is not a big deal, my dad gets 0.9 Sardinian. His relative list has some Hispanics and Spanish on 23&me. As everyone suggested, G25 is the way to go.
    Yes, I think the southern euro is very common for south asians. Its the central asian on 23andme that is quite high @ 8%. But as someone said, could be well-preserved ancient segments they are picking up on. I don't seem to have inherited my mothers cypriot. Her greek cousin does not come up on my DNA relatives but her two iranian ones do as "mothers side". Could also be ancient ancestry.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi (Ramgarhia)
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    L1a2
    mtDNA (P)
    U2b2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Yes, I think the southern euro is very common for south asians. Its the central asian on 23andme that is quite high @ 8%. But as someone said, could be well-preserved ancient segments they are picking up on. I don't seem to have inherited my mothers cypriot. Her greek cousin does not come up on my DNA relatives but her two iranian ones do as "mothers side". Could also be ancient ancestry.
    The central asian might as well be just dardic connection, something related to silk route. One of my dad's matches who is Kashmiri seem to score around 6% Central Asian.
    Panjab, پنجابی, ਫਤਿਹll

I miss Harambe everyday.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

kpb (07-29-2020),  parasar (07-29-2020),  Rahuls77 (07-29-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_lime View Post
    I don't know enough about K12 to make an educated guess. Could you have a great grandparent was a Nuristani Hindu/ Kalash like? I guess it is possible. I don't think it would be much more than that. Your SW Asian looks normal on Harappa. When you get your G25 we can try to figure out more.
    The only people that are similar to the Kalash are the Khowar Singanali, the Ruling Clan of Chitral and they are quite distinct, in their own right and happen to be like a few of the South-Easterly Pashtun groups.
    The Nuristanis, they would not have mingled with the much southerly Kashmiri Pandit. Nuristanis are by far the most war-like and primitive people in all of Afghanistan, and they were so even before their conversion by Amir Abdurrehman, who had to force them to convert to Islam, in order to 'pacify' them. Yet the Nuristanis were the hardiest of all the people who fought off the Soviets in the 1980's. And the Kalash are more Kho-like in their make-up, From what I know Nuristanis tend to have a far greater percentage of R1a, the IE holy grail, than the Kalasha. And I have a feeling they followed a different course into the region from their neighboring Kalasha, maybe, just maybe a remnant of the Scythians! But the Nuristani religion, whatrever little is reconstructed of it, appears to distinct from the Kalasha as well as the Scythians, but it was likely closer to the older Indo-Iranian.
    Is there any data on their(Nuristanis) autosomal admixture?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a2b1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

India Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    The central asian might as well be just dardic connection, something related to silk route. One of my dad's matches who is Kashmiri seem to score around 6% Central Asian.
    Kashmir has been under Central Asian influence historically, most notably under the Kushans and Kidarites.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast