Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

India United States of America India Punjab Jammu and Kashmir
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahuls77 View Post
    Thanks, I shall try this later on Sunday!

However, its entirely possible that this could have traveled from SE Asia into NW South Asia, with some Muslim preacher or saint. And the Papuan might indicate that admixture. With the rise of the Ottoman Naval power across the Indian Ocean, all such travel was made easy.
    Occam's razor. The most logical conclusion is that Papuan is present in Gangetic tribals. This should be the vector that most of the NW South Asians receive it from.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to agent_lime For This Useful Post:

FrostAssassin0701 (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    L1a2
    mtDNA (P)
    U2b2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirtan24 View Post
    Iss Eid par jaane kyun achanak hi Premchand Ji ki kahani "Idgah" ki yaad aa gayi. Bachpan me iss kahani ko doston ke saath kaeen baar dohraya hai.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/books...wztMEXeLO.html

Kahani se judi hui mere dost Hamin ki yaad aur uske ghar ki seviyan ka swaad bhi taaza ho gaye.
    I grew up reading Munshi Premchand. He was a gem. But I think I have derailed the thread enough lol.
    Panjab, پنجابی, ਫਤਿਹll

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Kirtan24 (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gujarati Brahmin
    Nationality
    India

India Italy Sicily
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I grew up reading Munshi Premchand. He was a gem. But I think I have derailed the thread enough lol.
    Just ordered three of his books to take a stroll down the memory lane. Sorry, couldn't resist sharing. We need a separate Desi literature/poetry/theatre/... thread (if such a thing is allowed at all on here).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirtan24 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (08-01-2020),  pegasus (08-02-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    The migration was from Polynesia to South america, not the other way around. Polynesians left the islands to find resources, and ended up in places like Hawaii or South America. As I said, of there is any South american mix, ANE should show up since they have one of the highest ANE.
    Heyerdahl reckoned it was from South America to the Polynesian Islands and took off with his crew.
    And for this instance, I guess it has to be some Austronesian admixture finding its way into NW South Asia, with a bit trace of the Papuan.

Quote Originally Posted by agent_lime View Post
    Occam's razor. The most logical conclusion is that Papuan is present in Gangetic tribals. This should be the vector that most of the NW South Asians receive it from.
    As I said, with the Islamisation of South East Asia and the Ottoman Naval operations, such travel was made possible, and in addition you had a few more events, in relatively 'recent' period:
    Defeat of Tipu Sultan's Mysore which would cause saints and scholars he was a patron of to relocate to other parts of the country, in search of Patrons.
    Syed Ahmed Barelwi and his followers flocking to NW and after his defeat near Balakot, some settled there, according to some of the local legends and were the precursors of the Deobandi movement, who might have married some local Hindko or even Pashtun women, however one of the reasons for the Pashtuns rebelling against him and Shah Ismael was that he and his followers wanted to marry Pashtun women, which the Pashtun Chiefs(especially the Yusufzais) resented.
    That's how some of that Papuan would have spread among a few families in the region. Just a theory, but entirely possible.
    Last edited by Rahuls77; 08-01-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Y'all need to buy some extra sweets for Eid. I think the best way to show your perspective is by posting your idea of models. Makes it easier to understand.
    I prefer cookies and cakes, over desi sweets.
    There is a cookie from Tehzeeb Balers' which they advise heart patients NOT to consume. I gave a whole box to a friend, who was trying to lose weight. An Indian equivalent of that must be the Shrewsbury biscuits, the best of them you get at Pune's Kayani Bakery. Nothing but butter and sugar! And the cookies are fairly crunchy!
    Jeh banda khana shuru kare taan boun mushqil paena control karna, hidayet: kade vi addha kilo ton zyda nei lao.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Pakistan Canada
    I prefer cookies and cakes, over desi sweets.
    There is a cookie from Tehzeeb Balers' which they advise heart patients NOT to consume. I gave a whole box to a friend, who was trying to lose weight. An Indian equivalent of that must be the Shrewsbury biscuits, the best of them you get at Pune's Kayani Bakery. Nothing but butter and sugar! And the cookies are fairly crunchy!
    Jeh banda khana shuru kare taan boun mushqil paena control karna, hidayet: kade vi addha kilo ton zyda nei lao.
    Thank you so much for sharing your dietary preferences with us. Quite illuminating

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdufh For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (08-01-2020),  Sapporo (08-02-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Ran on Vahaduo, copied all the ancient averages from David's sheet + Papuan Avg from the Moderns, and then removed Pakistani ancient samples along with the Indian one, Roopkund.
    Awan_Scaled
    Distance: 2.1395% / 0.02139455
    54.6 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    9.4 UZB_Bustan_BA_o2
    8.8 Bell_Beaker_CZE_o
    6.8 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA_o1
    6.6 Kura-Araxes_ARM_Talin
    5.4 UKR_Cimmerian_o
    3.2 GEO_CHG
    2.6 JPN_Jomon
    1.2 USA_NM_Chaco
    0.6 UKR_Srubnaya_MLBA
    0.6 VUT_150BP_all
    0.2 CHN_Chuanyun_Historic

Papuan is absent and instead we have an ancient trace of Vanautu along with the Jomon. It includes a Chinese ancient, for which there is no data as of now. And the fit is still better.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (08-02-2020),  jdufh (08-01-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-02-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    L1a2
    mtDNA (P)
    U2b2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Ran on Vahaduo, copied all the ancient averages from David's sheet + Papuan Avg from the Moderns, and then removed Pakistani ancient samples along with the Indian one, Roopkund.
    Awan_Scaled
    Distance: 2.1395% / 0.02139455
    54.6 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    9.4 UZB_Bustan_BA_o2
    8.8 Bell_Beaker_CZE_o
    6.8 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA_o1
    6.6 Kura-Araxes_ARM_Talin
    5.4 UKR_Cimmerian_o
    3.2 GEO_CHG
    2.6 JPN_Jomon
    1.2 USA_NM_Chaco
    0.6 UKR_Srubnaya_MLBA
    0.6 VUT_150BP_all
    0.2 CHN_Chuanyun_Historic

Papuan is absent and instead we have an ancient trace of Vanautu along with the Jomon. It includes a Chinese ancient, for which there is no data as of now. And the fit is still better.
    That means the Papuan is splitting into Vanautu and Jomon. Both are highly unlikely ancestral populations for her area. That actually makes me wonder if the theory of AASI having diversity in South Asia is legit. Maybe there was a population in region that shared drift with Papuans, or could be just a contribution from Austroasiatic rice farmers.
    Panjab, پنجابی, ਫਤਿਹll

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

jdufh (08-02-2020),  Rahuls77 (08-02-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

That means the Papuan is splitting into Vanautu and Jomon. Both are highly unlikely ancestral populations for her area. That actually makes me wonder if the theory of AASI having diversity in South Asia is legit. Maybe there was a population in region that shared drift with Papuans, or could be just a contribution from Austroasiatic rice farmers.
    Most likely, Migrations into South Asia, that created an early population, must have come in several waves and from several ingress points. However the numbers in OPs admixture are a likely recent development, dating from the early modern period of South Asian history, as I have spoken of already in this thread.
    Last edited by Rahuls77; 08-02-2020 at 05:48 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

jdufh (08-02-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-02-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Pakistan Canada
    Probably coming from my asian-looking grandma.. the whole 3% -.- We're a funny-looking bunch

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast