Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Who were the Awan tribe? Need help with report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    32
    Sex
    Location
    Uranus
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Pakistan Canada

    Who were the Awan tribe? Need help with report

    I haven't been able to find much info on Awans and my parents are from remote villages with no info on their history. What's the difference between the different population sharings and what does this mean in terms of where my family's from? I was expecting to see Punjabi Jatt higher up because I've read they're the same but it's not.

    What are my results most similar to?

    # Population Percent
    1 Baloch 38.14
    2 S-Indian 30.43
    3 Caucasian 17.98
    4 NE-Euro 7.17
    5 American 1.97
    6 Siberian 1.15
    7 Papuan 0.84
    8 Beringian 0.8
    9 Mediterranean 0.49
    10 SW-Asian 0.4
    11 Pygmy 0.35
    12 NE-Asian 0.27

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 kashmiri (harappa) 4.43
    2 punjabi-khatri (harappa) 5.22
    3 kashmiri-pandit (reich) 5.9
    4 punjabi-jatt-muslim (harappa) 6.21
    5 gujarati-muslim (harappa) 6.73
    6 sindhi (harappa) 6.76
    7 punjabi (harappa) 7.28
    8 punjabi-brahmin (harappa) 8.32
    9 pathan (hgdp) 8.79
    10 kashmiri-pahari (harappa) 9
    11 up-muslim (harappa) 9.16
    12 singapore-indian-c (sgvp) 9.19
    13 punjabi-jatt-sikh (harappa) 9.2
    14 punjabi-arain (xing) 9.33
    15 kalash (hgdp) 9.96
    16 punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) 10.12
    17 bhatia (harappa) 10.78
    18 sindhi (hgdp) 11.02
    19 burusho (hgdp) 11.75
    20 pashtun (harappa) 12.43

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 91.5% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 8.5% georgian (behar) @ 2.31
    2 91.2% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 8.8% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.42
    3 86% kalash (hgdp) + 14% irula (xing) @ 2.51
    4 86.1% kalash (hgdp) + 13.9% pulliyar (metspalu) @ 2.56
    5 87.2% kashmiri-pahari (harappa) + 12.8% georgian (behar) @ 2.8
    6 85.7% punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) + 14.3% georgian (behar) @ 2.81
    7 86.8% kashmiri-pahari (harappa) + 13.2% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.83
    8 85.2% punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) + 14.8% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.9
    9 90.6% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.4% armenian (behar) @ 2.91
    10 89.7% punjabi (harappa) + 10.3% georgian (behar) @ 2.93
    11 86.6% kalash (hgdp) + 13.4% paniya (chaubey) @ 2.97
    12 89.4% punjabi (harappa) + 10.6% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.99
    13 88.3% punjabi-brahmin (harappa) + 11.7% georgian (behar) @ 3.11
    14 90.7% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.3% azerbaijan-jew (behar) @ 3.11
    15 87.1% singapore-indian-c (sgvp) + 12.9% georgian (behar) @ 3.2
    16 90.6% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.4% assyrian (harappa) @ 3.21
    17 87.9% punjabi-brahmin (harappa) + 12.1% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 3.23
    18 81.9% kalash (hgdp) + 18.1% kurumba (reich) @ 3.24
    19 64.2% kalash (hgdp) + 35.8% cochin-jew (behar) @ 3.26
    20 90.7% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.3% north-ossetian (yunusbayev) @ 3.26

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jdufh For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (07-31-2020),  Amber29 (07-31-2020),  discreetmaverick (08-01-2020),  kamil154 (10-03-2020),  Kulin (07-31-2020),  Sapporo (08-01-2020),  tipirneni (07-31-2020)

  3. #2
    Banned
    Posts
    152
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Uttar Pradesh
    Nationality
    India/UK

    Quote Originally Posted by jdufh View Post
    I haven't been able to find much info on Awans and my parents are from remote villages with no info on their history. What's the difference between the different population sharings and what does this mean in terms of where my family's from? I was expecting to see Punjabi Jatt higher up because I've read they're the same but it's not.

    What are my results most similar to?

    # Population Percent
    1 Baloch 38.14
    2 S-Indian 30.43
    3 Caucasian 17.98
    4 NE-Euro 7.17
    5 American 1.97
    6 Siberian 1.15
    7 Papuan 0.84
    8 Beringian 0.8
    9 Mediterranean 0.49
    10 SW-Asian 0.4
    11 Pygmy 0.35
    12 NE-Asian 0.27

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 kashmiri (harappa) 4.43
    2 punjabi-khatri (harappa) 5.22
    3 kashmiri-pandit (reich) 5.9
    4 punjabi-jatt-muslim (harappa) 6.21
    5 gujarati-muslim (harappa) 6.73
    6 sindhi (harappa) 6.76
    7 punjabi (harappa) 7.28
    8 punjabi-brahmin (harappa) 8.32
    9 pathan (hgdp) 8.79
    10 kashmiri-pahari (harappa) 9
    11 up-muslim (harappa) 9.16
    12 singapore-indian-c (sgvp) 9.19
    13 punjabi-jatt-sikh (harappa) 9.2
    14 punjabi-arain (xing) 9.33
    15 kalash (hgdp) 9.96
    16 punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) 10.12
    17 bhatia (harappa) 10.78
    18 sindhi (hgdp) 11.02
    19 burusho (hgdp) 11.75
    20 pashtun (harappa) 12.43

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 91.5% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 8.5% georgian (behar) @ 2.31
    2 91.2% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 8.8% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.42
    3 86% kalash (hgdp) + 14% irula (xing) @ 2.51
    4 86.1% kalash (hgdp) + 13.9% pulliyar (metspalu) @ 2.56
    5 87.2% kashmiri-pahari (harappa) + 12.8% georgian (behar) @ 2.8
    6 85.7% punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) + 14.3% georgian (behar) @ 2.81
    7 86.8% kashmiri-pahari (harappa) + 13.2% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.83
    8 85.2% punjabi-ramgarhia (harappa) + 14.8% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.9
    9 90.6% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.4% armenian (behar) @ 2.91
    10 89.7% punjabi (harappa) + 10.3% georgian (behar) @ 2.93
    11 86.6% kalash (hgdp) + 13.4% paniya (chaubey) @ 2.97
    12 89.4% punjabi (harappa) + 10.6% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 2.99
    13 88.3% punjabi-brahmin (harappa) + 11.7% georgian (behar) @ 3.11
    14 90.7% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.3% azerbaijan-jew (behar) @ 3.11
    15 87.1% singapore-indian-c (sgvp) + 12.9% georgian (behar) @ 3.2
    16 90.6% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.4% assyrian (harappa) @ 3.21
    17 87.9% punjabi-brahmin (harappa) + 12.1% abhkasian (yunusbayev) @ 3.23
    18 81.9% kalash (hgdp) + 18.1% kurumba (reich) @ 3.24
    19 64.2% kalash (hgdp) + 35.8% cochin-jew (behar) @ 3.26
    20 90.7% kashmiri-pandit (reich) + 9.3% north-ossetian (yunusbayev) @ 3.26

    Your caucasian compoent is very high for average Pakistani Punjabi (18%) this is around Pashtun level I believe, Your South Indian is much higher then Pashtuns though, it is average of Punjabi groups in Pakistan

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,834
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by akash View Post
    Your caucasian compoent is very high for average Pakistani Punjabi (18%) this is around Pashtun level I believe, Your South Indian is much higher then Pashtuns though, it is average of Punjabi groups in Pakistan
    His Caucasian is in range of Khatris, Kambohs, Kashmiris pandits, Arains and some Gujjars. Not unusual for a Punjabi. Results resemble an Arain/Gujjar/Kashmiri Pandit the most due to low NE euro on harappa.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (07-31-2020),  Amber29 (07-31-2020),  discreetmaverick (08-01-2020),  Sapporo (08-01-2020)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    32
    Sex
    Location
    Uranus
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Pakistan Canada
    I haven't seen Arains with more than 10% Caucasian?

  7. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,834
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by jdufh View Post
    I haven't seen Arains with more than 10% Caucasian?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

    Click on Punjabi Arain tab. Their average is 16.55%, with plenty in 18% range.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (07-31-2020),  discreetmaverick (08-01-2020),  Sapporo (08-01-2020)

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    32
    Sex
    Location
    Uranus
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Pakistan Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

    Click on Punjabi Arain tab. Their average is 16.55%, with plenty in 18% range.
    Oh I haven't seen this one before. Thanks!

  10. #7
    Banned
    Posts
    152
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Uttar Pradesh
    Nationality
    India/UK

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

    Click on Punjabi Arain tab. Their average is 16.55%, with plenty in 18% range.
    Why are Ror results missing from there?

    Also this is the first time I am seeing Kalash and other Chitrali results, they are indeed very steppe! few people scoring almost 20% Euro and 20% Caucasian together

  11. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,361
    Sex
    Location
    Loe Banr
    Y-DNA (P)
    H1a* (H-Y33670*)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5a

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    His Caucasian is in range of Khatris, Kambohs, Kashmiris pandits, Arains and some Gujjars. Not unusual for a Punjabi. Results resemble an Arain/Gujjar/Kashmiri Pandit the most due to low NE euro on harappa.
    But he isn't typical plain punjabi like khatris, kamboj and arains. Results are unusual for his region and awan samples seen so far.

  12. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,834
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by bol_nat View Post
    But he isn't typical plain punjabi like khatris, kamboj and arains. Results are unusual for his region and awan samples seen so far.
    We don't know about his mix. I highly doubt anyone is pure "their tribe" in that area, especially amongst Muslims. Amber gets matches all over the place. So with whatever mixture this individual had, it ended up resembling an Arain despite being a non plain Punjabi.

    I forgot to tell you, I found some Arain and Awan Sikhs on Facebook, and shared with some users here. Wasn't aware they exist.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     Amber29 (08-01-2020),  Sapporo (08-01-2020)

  14. #10
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,095
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

    Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Are you from around Pindi or somewhere in KPK?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Tribe Within- Search of DNA Tribe R1b-L513
    By Mag Uidhir 6 in forum L513
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2020, 05:02 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-22-2020, 12:24 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-18-2020, 09:52 PM
  4. Bayat tribe
    By Pannonius in forum Turkish
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •