Poll: Choose your somatotype

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your body type?

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    E1b1b1a1b

Russia Mordovia Russia Imperial Uzbekistan Mongolia Greater Khorasan Sami
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    When I was in Netherlands I was supriced that the old folks there were mostly ectomorph. I rarely saw any fat individual above 50 years old. On the other hand the younger generations especially Some girls were actually endomorph to fat. It is not only genes But also the life-style. Thought Dutch men are also ectomorph and very tall.
    Haven’t been in NL, but dutch tourist girls tend to store a good amount of fat on their thighs with wider hips, that make them appear endo while still being tallest - which is a female hormonal thing as well as males having less fat and more upper body muscle.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Pakistan Canada
    Always been meso and it's really easy for me to put on/lose mass. Always been a higher muscle comp than other women, even before I was a powerlifter. Trained like I had majority slow-twitch, and it turns out I do! Easy to gain strength too and my stats were competitive for the ladies in my weight-class. Ty mom ty dad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdufh For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-01-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    When I was in Netherlands I was supriced that the old folks there were mostly ectomorph. I rarely saw any fat individual above 50 years old. On the other hand the younger generations especially Some girls were actually endomorph to fat. It is not only genes But also the life-style. Thought Dutch men are also ectomorph and very tall.
    My explanation about the boy and girl fat thing is that, just like in Denmark, the Netherlands have quite liberated woman so in a student town in which I life woman drink also beer etc. And woman gain more easy fat when they have the same lifestyle as man.

But may be there is a better explanation (because within the Swedes this seems not the case).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Byzantine Empire Empire of Trebizond Greek Macedonia Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I guess you got a point, about the mismatch obese girls and obese guys, the netherlands are in the low obese region, here is are the young obese percentages of Europe. Seems to be more lifestyle than genes, seen the list:
    https://www.mupload.nl/img/4pb370a.09.00.png
    Ye in Greece you can find obese everywhere no matter the age or region. And it is because of life-style, junkfood, alcohol etc. You seeing young people meditterenean ectomorphic and they ending up with a fat belly lol because they eating all Day gyros, souvlaki and drinking beers xD.
    Target: Ioannis_scaled
    Distance: 1.4987% / 0.01498655
    51.8 TUR_Ikiztepe_LC
    24.6 Kura-Araxes_ARM_Kaps
    14.8 Levant_Baqah_BA
    5.4 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    3.4 RUS_Catacomb

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Finn (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

My explanation about the boy and girl fat thing is that, just like in Denmark, the Netherlands have quite liberated woman so in a student town in which I life woman drink also beer etc. And woman gain more easy fat when they have the same lifestyle as man.

But may be there is a better explanation (because within the Swedes this seems not the case).
    The liberal fat Lady it is mostly connected with british tourist here thought. The women from Netherlands and Scandinavia have the macho-manly stereotype of being tall and in Some way very athletic. I Have seen Swedish women with muscles bigger than mines xD. I think Germanics besides their liberated life-style have good genes and if I am not mistaken you do 3 meals they Day. In Greece people eating all Day and there is Not a Specific time for dinner...lol!!!
    51.8 TUR_Ikiztepe_LC
    14.8 Levant_Baqah_BA
    3.4 RUS_Catacomb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Finn (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by Buxoro View Post
    Haven’t been in NL, but dutch tourist girls tend to store a good amount of fat on their thighs with wider hips, that make them appear endo while still being tallest - which is a female hormonal thing as well as males having less fat and more upper body muscle.
    From my trips in Netherlands I can say that fat people are actually rare to see. As I mention above it was mostly youngers and more Specific young girls. That is not the case in UK.
    51.8 TUR_Ikiztepe_LC
    14.8 Levant_Baqah_BA
    3.4 RUS_Catacomb

Registered Users
    Sex

I guess you got a point, about the mismatch obese girls and obese guys, the netherlands are in the low obese region, here is are the young obese percentages of Europe. Seems to be more lifestyle than genes, seen the list:
    https://www.mupload.nl/img/4pb370a.09.00.png
    I wouldn't take those numbers literally though, because being "obese" by the BMI alone can mean quite different things. For males it can also mean they are "heavily build" with just some extra fat, if at all, whereas for the female part being truly in the obese segment by BMI almost always means a heavy fat excess. There are also ethnic differences like the lean BMI for South Asians is different, but to sum it up for Europeans, something like 25 percent female "obesity" based on BMI alone means much more than the exact same number for males. So if its 30:25 its probably equal, if its 25:25 females are already severely more obese in numbers.
    Last edited by Riverman; 08-01-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y13432

France
    For all these characteristics such has height, body structure, body fat, I believe there is always a reason to look at in the environment.

I noticed than in most countries over the globe, young people tend to get taller and slimmer over time, there are little exceptions really.

Natural selection is also influenced by environnement I believe. In the past, women were more naturally attracted by strong men because these men had to protect their family. Nowadays, it's much less the case because there is less need to protect your own family that way anymore, because we have laws for this.

Body fat was also rather an advantage in term of evolution, people with that characteristic were able to survive longer starving, but this is not really the case anymore, now you just go to the supermarket for this.
    Last edited by jstephan; 08-01-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by jstephan View Post
    For all these characteristics such has height, body structure, body fat, I believe there is always a reason to look at in the environment.

I noticed than in most countries over the globe, young people tend to get taller and slimmer over time, there are little exceptions really.

Natural selection is also influenced by environnement I believe. In the past, women were more naturally attracted by strong men because these men had to protect their family. Nowadays, it's much less the case because there is less need to protect your own family that way anymore, because we have laws for this.

Body fat was also rather an advantage in term of evolution, people with that characteristic were able to survive longer starving, but this is not really the case anymore, now you just go to the supermarket for this.

Correct but women are still attracted by strong men especially with strong pockets xDD
    51.8 TUR_Ikiztepe_LC
    14.8 Levant_Baqah_BA
    3.4 RUS_Catacomb

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

jstephan (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Nationality
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a (L295-, P267-)
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-P37
    mtDNA (P)
    V

Byzantine Empire Greece Cyprus
    Ye in Greece you can find obese everywhere no matter the age or region. And it is because of life-style, junkfood, alcohol etc. You seeing young people meditterenean ectomorphic and they ending up with a fat belly lol because they eating all Day gyros, souvlaki and drinking beers xD.
    Its not only due to nutrition. Greeks are generally tending to become fat. I think it is a genetical thing, too, perhaps even in the first place. Slim people above 45 are truly rare in Greece

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast