Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LukaszM: Public Disclosure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation LukaszM: Public Disclosure

Dear Community,

We deviate from our typical stance regarding the public disclosure of member bans (section 6.5) due to the extraordinary circumstances involving the aforementioned ex-member.

Rationale
    In the interest of full transparency and to highlight this individual's actions within our community, we are providing a chronological account of our interaction history with 'LukaszM'.

'LukaszM' was banned in December 2018. In the ensuing months, 'LukaszM' registering multiple sockpuppets in Anthrogenica.
    A summary of our administrative actions from the above date to April 2019 is presented below for your information.

1st infraction (30th Nov 2018) - Bumping same thread consecutively. Section 3.10 breach. As 1st infraction, received 1 week suspension and warning per Infraction Protocol.
    2nd infraction (2nd Dec 2018) - Using another account to access the site during suspension ('vasyl'). Reason for use not accepted, story and evidence inconsistent. Section 2.5 breach. As 2nd infraction, was due for permanent ban per Infraction Protocol. Team agreed instead to grant 'LukaszM' some clemency with a lighter 3 month suspension.
    3rd infraction (3rd Dec 2018) - Bribery attempt to rescind suspension. Section 2.10 breach. Permanent ban agreed by team.
    Post-ban events:
    1) Posing as an Indonesian individual through a previously authorized account ('physical-anthro')
    2) Creating a sockpuppet ('PierreDhoa') with the intention of engaging in forum discussions and slandering a rival gene analysis service; anti-free market behavior
    3) Creating a sockpuppet ('sven.larson') to engage in forum discussions
    Additionally, 'LukaszM' was warned twice via email correspondence in 2019 regarding the potential consequences of any further sockpuppets in Anthrogenica.
    These emails were prompted by 'LukaszM's complaint concerning another user's post. At this stage, some of our regulars raised concerns about potential 'LukaszM' sockpuppets.
    The emails in question are shown below for the community's information and have only redacted the username of the other member.

Hello,

As a banned user, you shouldn't have access to the site. How you came across our moderator's comment is suspicious. Your history of creating sockpuppet accounts (PierreDhoa, sven.larson, posing as an Indonesian with physical-anthro in case you needed reminding), attempting to disrepute a competitor and using other members as messengers for your complaints regarding your ban have put you in permanent bad standing with our administration, so we won't assume better with you.

If you happen to have any more sockpuppet accounts on Anthrogenica, declare all of them now. If you don't have any more sockpuppet accounts, state this in your reply. We'll remove the unsubstantiated elements of that post after liaising with [user] if you fulfill either of those options.

As we warned you in the 'sven.larson' sockpuppet ban message, we will contact your ISP if we find any more sockpuppets. In the event we find any more of your sockpuppets, we'll also consider completely blacklisting your services on our site. Your unsatisfactory conduct won't be rewarded with free advertising.

Your reply and future conduct will determine what we'll do with [user]' comment and how much free publicity you'll get from our platform.

Regards,
    We'll take your word that you haven't created any more sockpuppets in this instance. You have set a very bad precedent with us, so entertaining the possibility of more unscrupulous and self-serving persistence on your part is reasonable.

Regarding [user]' comment, we've discussed the matter with him, and he actually wasn't linking you with mytrueancestry. He was arguing the opposite (doubts you are involved because this service is supposedly free, and you typically charge for yours). Perhaps the translation you received wasn't perfect.

Given that [user] wasn't implying you are involved with one of these new upstarts with murky backgrounds, there isn't anything for us to act on here. We would have removed the comment if it did in fact allege you were involved with mytrueancestry, in keeping with our General Statement regarding newer services, and in spite of your prior undesirable conduct in our venue.

I remind you of our warning regarding the outcome if we discover future sockpuppets by you to close up this exchange.

Discovery
    Beyond April 2019, we continued to receive numerous reports from members in our community of suspected 'LukaszM' sockpuppets.

Through a combination of both direct and circumstantial evidence (including IP data directly linking one sockpuppet with his original account), we can now publicly confirm that 'LukaszM' was behind several accounts that many of you had interacted with in good faith in recent months.

The first, 'JohnBobo', had 42 posts on this site and were all in relation to G25 custom calculator results. The majority of those calculators can be found in this Vahaduo site. A WHOIS search revealed that the owner of this Vahaduo derivative is none other than 'LukaszM'.

The next account, 'polishguy', penned a single thread and was banned due to it being identified as a sockpuppet.

Through another recent sockpuppet, 'ataturk', numerous posts were made which promoted 'LukaszM's Vahaduo platform several times explicitly (example).
    Furthermore, through 'ataturk', 'LukaszM' compiled a thread linking to all of the custom G25 calculators that users (both in AG and beyond) had created, which were then ported over to his platform (link). In addition, all of 'ataturk's started threads involved custom G25 calculators hosted on 'LukaszM's site.
    Within the past few days, following the reopening of the forum, this sockpuppet, 'ataturk', has continued to post threads promoting 'LukaszM's Vahaduo derivative.

Finally, 'LukaszM' has also registered with the account 'Railguner', which has so far mostly posted in threads relating to custom G25 calculators.

In summary, since April 2019, 'LukaszM' had created at least four more sockpuppet accounts in Anthrogenica and misled the community through his appropriation of different ethno-cultural identities to achieve his objectives. Specifically, two of these sockpuppets were explicitly used to promote his Vahaduo derivative, with another apparently being used to bump threads involving custom G25 calculators*.

*To clarify, 'LukaszM's G25 custom calculators and Gedmatch calculators sites, despite containing the 'Vahaduo' name, have no direct link to the genuine Vahaduo URL, which is not owned by 'LukaszM'.

Uncertainty
    Through his recent sockpuppets, 'LukaszM' posted calculator results that were in accordance with the identities stated in those accounts.

The AG administration is not in a position to ascertain whether 'LukaszM' had self-generated these component scores through his own imagination, or whether they were sourced from actual user coordinates.

Further, if the latter was the case, we are not in a position to ascertain whether 'LukaszM' received explicit consent from those individuals to use their data for his covert actions on this site. Nor would it be apparent to us regarding the means through which he may have acquired such data.

Finally, it is also unclear why 'LukaszM' has been promoting his Vahaduo derivative site with such persistence in Anthrogenica.

Our Response
    In addition to this public declaration, in view of 'LukaszM's extraordinary behavior in relation to our community, and in keeping with our two warnings last year:

• All of his recent sockpuppet accounts have been deleted.
    • All of the posts and threads made by these sockpuppet accounts will also be deleted three days from the time at which this message has been posted. Please take this time to retrieve any information you may desire to keep from the posts in those threads before they are removed. We have locked all of the implicated threads for the time being.
    • We will automatically ban any future 'LukaszM' sockpuppets and erase all trace of his activity here without warning.
    • We will blacklist all key terms relating to any of 'LukaszM's outputs, services or websites on this platform (i.e. those terms, links, etc. will not appear in any posts on this forum) after the three day milestone has been reached.
    • We reserve the right to delete any future threads or posts found to advertise on this individual's behalf.

Further action against 'LukaszM' may be taken at our discretion and following future review.

Summary
    Through his seven sockpuppets, 'LukaszM' has posed as multiple individuals since his initial ban in Anthrogenica. In recent months, he has made hundreds of posts through four sockpuppet accounts in threads concerning the custom G25 calculators that he hosts on his platforms.

We have provided you, the community, with this information to inform you of this individual's actions towards both you and the platform itself.

In the event that you wish to continue supporting 'LukaszM', despite his apparent disregard for said community and the potential uncertainty regarding data privacy through his actions here, we recommend doing so in another venue.

We thank the numerous members who diligently reported potential 'LukaszM' sockpuppets to us, several of which proved to eventually be correct.

We also thank you for your attention and will leave the comments section open for further questions, in addition to giving you the opportunity to express yourselves regarding the manner in which you have been misled by this person.

AG Team
    Last edited by Administrator; 08-17-2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: One amendment.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Administrator For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-07-2020),  anglesqueville (08-17-2020),  BalkanKiwi (08-17-2020),  Bart (08-21-2020),  DMXX (08-22-2020),  JerryS. (08-18-2020),  JMcB (08-17-2020),  khanabadoshi (08-21-2020),  Kulin (08-17-2020),  laltota (09-24-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (09-01-2020),  passenger (08-17-2020),  pmokeefe (08-18-2020),  Revmac (08-17-2020),  Reza (08-19-2020),  rober_tce (08-18-2020),  Ruderico (08-18-2020),  Saetro (08-21-2020),  Sapporo (09-01-2020),  Scarlet Ibis (08-17-2020),  Tltos (08-20-2020),  Tomenable (11-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (> R-CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

Germany Imperial
    Wow, ok.

"In the event that you wish to continue supporting 'LukaszM', despite his apparent disregard for said community and the potential uncertainty regarding data privacy through his actions here, we recommend doing so in another venue.":

Im not here so support or not support any individual. Im interested in facts related to what the forum deals with. Actually the K36 correlation map - the other things imo are of minor importance - by LukaszM functionally is a world top product. Will it be forbidden to discuss that, because it is regarded as "support" for LukaszM? If so this seems to me not factually. I dont care about LukaszM. But I care about science, facts and tools. Banning discussions about a top tool would be unique and an end of free scientific exchange.
    The measurement is obviouisly announced in emails to LukaszM and intended to punish him. But imo it does punish/hit the community. All that information that will be deleted in the threads where members have posted...
    Correlation map links to google that were provided initially by LukaszM are not longer available. This means the correlation maps posted in the main thread to this subject often are the only remaining exemplar. Not all members will be here within 3 days and read this unusual announcement. And what shall an interested member exactly do, shall he try to store that 500 pages of the main thread?

Maybe there can be found a more member-friendly solution?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rothaer For This Useful Post:

digital_noise (08-19-2020),  I-P109 (08-20-2020)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Ash/Seph Jewish

England Star of David Netherlands Turkey Denmark Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Not all members will be here within 3 days and read this unusual announcement. And what shall an interested member exactly do, shall he try to store that 500 pages of the main thread?

Maybe there can be found a more member-friendly solution?
    Thank you for your feedback. I won't reply to everything you said right now, since I don't intend to represent the AG team here, but just wanted to clarify that there are no "500 page" threads that have been marked for removal. The only threads subject to removal at this point are the ones created by the recent sockpuppet accounts "JohnBobo", "ataturk" and "Railguner", which consist mainly of (relatively short) threads dedicated to posting results from the abovementioned Vahaduo shell site.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

Coldmountains (08-21-2020),  DMXX (08-22-2020),  JMcB (08-18-2020),  Kulin (08-18-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (09-01-2020),  rothaer (08-18-2020),  Ruderico (08-21-2020),  Scarlet Ibis (08-18-2020),  Tltos (08-20-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (> R-CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

Germany Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. I won't reply to everything you said right now, since I don't intend to represent the AG team here, but just wanted to clarify that there are no "500 page" threads that have been marked for removal. The only threads subject to removal at this point are the ones created by the recent sockpuppet accounts "JohnBobo", "ataturk" and "Railguner", which consist mainly of (relatively short) threads dedicated to posting results from the abovementioned Vahaduo shell site.
    Thanks. Then the thread "K36 Eurogenes (Unofficial) Oracle and other ancestry tools" started by lukaszM with now 540 pages is not aimed at.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Ash/Seph Jewish

England Star of David Netherlands Turkey Denmark Germany
    Thanks. Then the thread "K36 Eurogenes (Unofficial) Oracle and other ancestry tools" started by lukaszM with now 540 pages is not aimed at.
    Correct.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

DMXX (08-22-2020),  JMcB (08-19-2020),  rothaer (08-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian, German, Slav
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Italy Germany Poland Brazil Rio Grande do Sul Brazil
    I don't know how complex and stressful being a moderator is, but this whole situation seems a bit too severe to me.

I mean, should we really erase from history someone whose ''crime'' was bumping one or a few threads, then not being patient enough to wait out his original punishment? As far as I remember, he wasn't an agressive or disruptive user.

Besides, can we really consider his advertisement of the Vahaduo calculators as something wrong? As far as I know, there is nothing monetized about those pages, nor are they linked to his business site.

I feel like the community as a whole has been worse off with the exclusion of an important member. If we gave him another chance, I suppose there would be no need for his fake accounts, right?

It is true that he could have been more patient after the initial punishment, but everything that followed has been too strict in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MatAust21 For This Useful Post:

Ajeje Brazorf (08-21-2020),  digital_noise (08-24-2020),  JJJ (08-21-2020),  Mr.G (08-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (> R-CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

Germany Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by MatAust21 View Post
    I don't know how complex and stressful being a moderator is, but this whole situation seems a bit too severe to me.

I mean, should we really erase from history someone whose ''crime'' was bumping one or a few threads, then not being patient enough to wait out his original punishment? As far as I remember, he wasn't an agressive or disruptive user.

Besides, can we really consider his advertisement of the Vahaduo calculators as something wrong? As far as I know, there is nothing monetized about those pages, nor are they linked to his business site.

I feel like the community as a whole has been worse off with the exclusion of an important member. If we gave him another chance, I suppose there would be no need for his fake accounts, right?

It is true that he could have been more patient after the initial punishment, but everything that followed has been too strict in my opinion.

Just my two cents.
    I fully agree. I just presupposed this thing is now that inflammatory so there is no way back, and focussed on the most valuable contents imo. Actually these Vahaduo or Vahaduo-derived calculators is no commercial stuff of lukaszM, but rather of Davidski (Eurogenes). He is the sole one selling the needed G25 coordinates for money (not lukaszM).

I dont know if the administration is aware of that -?
    Last edited by rothaer; 08-21-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (> R-CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

Germany Imperial
    I know some people will consider this biased and not correct, but I remark it anyway, because imo its relevat here: Poles are known throughout history to be obstreperous, at least notably over average. I think this statement is also not rejected by most Poles. Ive the impression there have been bannings of Poles more than one time ultimately because they have been obstreperous when it comes to exact application of rules. As a wild guess I guess this is was also the case when Tomenable (he was not rude in expressions afaik) was banned. This is somewhat a pity. I appreciated very much the substantial contributions of both lukaszM and Tomenable.

Id promote applyling some kind of a (restricted) "Pole-excuse" for obstreperousity when it comes to perfectly obeying rules. This would maybe help to avoid not really necessary losses of good contributions to this forum. :-)
    Last edited by rothaer; 08-21-2020 at 08:12 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rothaer For This Useful Post:

Adamm (08-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M81
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1k

Morocco MoroccoPreColonial
    I know some people will consider this biased and not correct, but I remark it anyway, because imo its relevat here: Poles are known throughout history to be obstreperous, at least notably over average. I think this statement is also not rejected by most Poles. Ive the impression there have been bannings of Poles more than one time ultimately because they have been obstreperous when it comes to exact application of rules. As a wild guess I guess this is was also the case when Tomenable (he was not rude in expressions afaik) was banned. This is somewhat a pity. I appreciated very much the substantial contributions of both lukaszM and Tomenable.

Id promote applyling some kind of a (restricted) "Pole-excuse" for obstreperousity when it comes to perfectly obeying rules. This would maybe help to avoid not really necessary losses of good contributions to this forum. :-)
    The contributions of Lukasz to the 'genetics/DNA' community are great and a lot, he's putting a lot of effort in this. I think a reconciliation would be a great thing where everyone gets together and make the necessarily excuses and go back to normal.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adamm For This Useful Post:

digital_noise (08-24-2020),  Finn (09-13-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-YP3924
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a1b1a
    mtDNA (P)
    K2a2a

Israel Israel Jerusalem Star of David

I will go off topic here and say that, despite being an extremely sarcastic person myself, and have absolutely no regard to modern political correctness or moral lecturing, I think that as a person of German ethnicity and from Germany, you should think twice before stereotyping against Poles of all people, considering the relatively recent atrocities your country and your people have inflicted upon the Polish nation. Also, I allow myself to raise history in that context as you yourself use the Imperial German flag rather than the modern German flag - while from a different era than when said atrocities occurred of course, still shows me you are no stranger to history.
    Check out my Hidden Content

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Erikl86 For This Useful Post:

eolien (08-23-2020),  hartaisarlag (08-23-2020),  JMcB (08-23-2020),  Mixed (10-06-2020),  Tomenable (11-23-2020),  Viktor Reznov (09-21-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast