Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)

Northern Ireland Ireland Scotland

Do I have South Asian ancestry?

I am Northern Irish and by ancestry. AncestryDNA originally had me down as 1% South Asian, that has been removed but carries on into MyHeritage and other sites.

My K13 results are here:

Population
    North_Atlantic 50.80 Pct
    Baltic 22.63 Pct
    West_Med 13.37 Pct
    West_Asian 8.70 Pct
    East_Med 0.16 Pct
    Red_Sea 0.40 Pct
    South_Asian 2.64 Pct
    East_Asian -
    Siberian 0.28 Pct
    Amerindian 0.23 Pct
    Oceanian 0.78 Pct
    Northeast_African -
    Sub-Saharan -

Ancestry also had Melanesia down too? My South Asian result seems to be above all British isles averages, which is around 1%.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nqp15hhu For This Useful Post:

hokkanto (12-06-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

Polish–LithuanianCommonwealth Bulgaria Byzantine Empire Russian Federation Israel Russia Imperial
    I am not an expert, but I think that most likely you do have South Asian ancestry, probably Romani?
    There were Romani in UK and Ireland (for example Peaky Blinders, lol).
    Your South Asian is higher than average and Full British or Irish people never scored South Asian on AncestryDNA or Myheritage

What are your oracle results on Gedmatch?

Also you can upload your raw data to Wegene, it can detect distant Romani ancestry
    Last edited by CyrylBojarski; 08-21-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan/Romanian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1b1a

Moldova Romania European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by Nqp15hhu View Post
    I am Northern Irish and by ancestry. AncestryDNA originally had me down as 1% South Asian, that has been removed but carries on into MyHeritage and other sites.

My K13 results are here:

Population
    North_Atlantic 50.80 Pct
    Baltic 22.63 Pct
    West_Med 13.37 Pct
    West_Asian 8.70 Pct
    East_Med 0.16 Pct
    Red_Sea 0.40 Pct
    South_Asian 2.64 Pct
    East_Asian -
    Siberian 0.28 Pct
    Amerindian 0.23 Pct
    Oceanian 0.78 Pct
    Northeast_African -
    Sub-Saharan -

Ancestry also had Melanesia down too? My South Asian result seems to be above all British isles averages, which is around 1%.
    I can check you on GEDmatch against full Roma people if you want. But judging by the South Asian amount, it's pretty likely. Full Romas score about 25% South Asian, so 2.6% translates into a full Roma great-grandparent.
    Recent ancestry: 2/4 Central Moldova (Orhei district), 1/4 Southern Moldova (Cahul district), 1/4 Northern Moldova (Briceni district)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorkymon For This Useful Post:

Green fairy (08-28-2020),  Markos (02-27-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Meanwhile Roma is possible there are other ways of gaining South Asian ancestry - majority of us asians also share ancestry with Irish/NW populations strongly (commin in south Asians)- to me it seems it could be the old celtic connection or through the levant mixture roman empire or other empires or something or even recent migrations... Unless ofcourse you know you have Roma through papertrail etc nothing can actually be confirmed there are also dna matches with british groups upto 31cM who doesnt even match my parents for my sister and we get it in large segments - but as far as im aware you somewhat do carry south Asian genes. how it got to you? you can look at your matches who are south asian etc or it could be carried by someone else from a different background

just my thoughts.
    Maternal Grandfather's Maternal Line: U7a3a4a

Bro in law Maternal line: K1a12a YDna:R-Y7

Mates F Mtdna : R30a

When people think they know you and knows you more than you know yourself........Back off!

Also when people do not know the difference between Incest and Inbred........ sigh...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

Ahmed Ali (08-22-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-22-2020),  Riverman (10-09-2020)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)

Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    I am not an expert, but I think that most likely you do have South Asian ancestry, probably Romani?
    There were Romani in UK and Ireland (for example Peaky Blinders, lol).
    Your South Asian is higher than average and Full British or Irish people never scored South Asian on AncestryDNA or Myheritage

What are your oracle results on Gedmatch?

Also you can upload your raw data to Wegene, it can detect distant Romani ancestry
    I honestly have no idea, it is so varied but seems to appear on most sites. WeGene says I am 0.36% Sindhi.

So I don’t know if is representative? So where would this South Asian come from?

I’m from Northern Ireland and can’t think how I would get this ancestry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nqp15hhu For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (08-22-2020)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Meanwhile Roma is possible there are other ways of gaining South Asian ancestry - majority of us asians also share ancestry with Irish/NW populations strongly (commin in south Asians)- to me it seems it could be the old celtic connection or through the levant mixture roman empire or other empires or something or even recent migrations... Unless ofcourse you know you have Roma through papertrail etc nothing can actually be confirmed there are also dna matches with british groups upto 31cM who doesnt even match my parents for my sister and we get it in large segments - but as far as im aware you somewhat do carry south Asian genes. how it got to you? you can look at your matches who are south asian etc or it could be carried by someone else from a different background

just my thoughts.
    I only have 29 matches with Asia south and none of them are 100% of majority. So I don’t know? It is very odd and not common here.

I don’t know how I could’ve got this.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nqp15hhu View Post
    I only have 29 matches with Asia south and none of them are 100% of majority. So I don’t know? It is very odd and not common here.

I don’t know how I could’ve got this.
    Do you know or have asked what Social group they belong to or what they claim? if it was thousands of years ago you would get few amounts of DNA Matches from what i heard from Roma peoples they didnt get much DNA matches and if they did they got Punjab/Rajastan as their point of area (NW South Asia) if you ask they and if they respond it can help narrow it down for you if they say they are all Roma then you can probably say its safe to say its Roma

When people think they know you and knows you more than you know yourself........Back off!

Also when people do not know the difference between Incest and Inbred........ sigh...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan/Romanian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1b1a

Moldova Romania European Union
    if it was thousands of years ago
    Let's start with that if it was thousands years ago, he would have got 0%, instead of almost 3% as an 1/8th.
    Recent ancestry: 2/4 Central Moldova (Orhei district), 1/4 Southern Moldova (Cahul district), 1/4 Northern Moldova (Briceni district)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorkymon For This Useful Post:

ThaYamamoto (08-22-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkymon View Post
    Let's start with that if it was thousands years ago, he would have got 0%, instead of almost 3% as an 1/8th.
    lol i was using it in sense long time ago lol thanks for pointing it out

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)

Do you know or have asked what Social group they belong to or what they claim? if it was thousands of years ago you would get few amounts of DNA Matches from what i heard from Roma peoples they didnt get much DNA matches and if they did they got Punjab/Rajastan as their point of area (NW South Asia) if you ask they and if they respond it can help narrow it down for you if they say they are all Roma then you can probably say its safe to say its Roma
    I have no idea, I don’t actually have any matches from India, they are American, English and Australian. I have seven 50/50 matches, two have ties to Ireland and India. But they could be people with an Indian immigrant parent.

I have an UAE match but they have 14% Celtic so that is probably where that comes in. Also a lady who is 71% Asia south but also has Celtic.

Honestly most of my Asia South matches seem to be about 20%.

Is there anything more concrete to prove this or estimate a date? It doesn’t show up in all dna sites.
    Last edited by Nqp15hhu; 08-22-2020 at 12:36 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nqp15hhu For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (08-22-2020)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast