Thread: Do these PCAs reflect accurately where Native Americans are plot?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Do these PCAs reflect accurately where Native Americans are plot?

Since Natives are around 60% ancient East Asian and 40% ANE, do these PCAs reflect accurately they are plotted?:

For example, does this PCA based on the Gedrosia ANE K6 exhibits well where Native Americans are located genetically (Credits to the user Petalpusher from TA for creating the PCA)?

And also this PCA: Totonacs are an Amerindian ethnic group from Southern Mexico. The PCA comes from this DNA study. The Bolivians according to this paper has some European admixture while the Totonacs are 100%/close to 100% Amerindian. CHB/JPT are Han Chinese from Beijing, Japanese from Tokyo while CEU are Americans of European descent from Utah and YRI aer Yorubas fo West Africa. https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._the_New_World

Also one more: This PCA from the Malaspinas DNA paper on Botocudo genomes: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982214012743

So I wonder are these PCAs accurate?
    Last edited by Tsakhur; 10-01-2020 at 10:40 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsakhur For This Useful Post:

Bbgum (10-23-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Opinions please?

Registered Users
    Sex

from what ive seen. East asians, central asians should be on one cline. Then on top of them, northern europeans, native americans, and siberians. I did not know they would be so west shifted though. I also wonder if WHG is true, as it seems so far on the left corner. But its a interesting map
    Last edited by Bbgum; 10-23-2020 at 08:36 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bbgum For This Useful Post:

Tsakhur (10-25-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Bbgum View Post
    from what ive seen. East asians, central asians should be on one cline. Then on top of them, northern europeans, native americans, and siberians. I did not know they would be so west shifted though. I also wonder if WHG is true, as it seems so far on the left corner. But its a interesting map
    Hmm ok. Make sense though as Native Americans and Siberians are more "northern-shifted" genetically than East Asians and Central Asians. What PCA (s) did you saw that show this?

You didn't know that Amerindians can be so Western-shifted? It makes sense though as they are around 30-40% ANE who are approximately 3/4 ancient West Eurasian (of Sungir/Kostenki-related extraction) and 1/4 ancient East Eurasian (Tianyuan-like), thus making them around 23-30% West Eurasian which is similar to the amounts that Altaian (a Southern Siberian Turkic ethnic group) and Kyrgyz would possess, so it makes sense that Natives (as represented by Clovis and Pima in the first PCA, Totonac in the other one) would be close to them. I just want to hear confirmations from users who are genetic experts.

Yes these PCAs are interesting indeed. Its strange that hardly anyone discusses or notices this topic.