Thread: DNA Matching Issue

Registered Users
    Sex

DNA Matching Issue

My brother and I tested at FTDNA 3 years ago and 2 years ago I did the free upload for both kits at MH. I have only tested myself at Ancestry.

In the last 3 months 2 of my DNA matches from Ancestry have shown up at MH, but they only match my brother. Both are solid matches for me at Ancestry.

At Ancestry CJ matches me for 13 cM on 1 segment and AH matches me for 17 cM on 1 segment.

At MH CJ matches my brother for 22.6 cM on 2 segments and AH matches my brother for 32.7 cM on 3 segments.

I do not know if CJ and AH did free uploads of Ancestry DNA data or actually tested at MH.

Anyone else notice the same DNA matching problem with Ancestry matches at MH?

I do not have much overlap with people who have their DNA at both Ancestry and MH, so the matching problem at MH could be more of an issue than what I am seeing.

Registered Users
    Sex

Are you sure you didn't accidentally switch your DNA data with your brother's when you uploaded them to MH?

Registered Users
    Sex

I am certain which DNA set is which as the matches that are at both FTNDA and MH line up as expected.

I suspect that MH has a problem in their matching algorithm with some DNA data transferred from Ancestry.

I have to try to get CJ and AH to do free uploads to FTNDA or GEDmatch.