Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltic languages: a short question.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    What does alphabet have to do with this discussion? The oldest written IE language is Hittite, should we assume based on this that IE originated and spread from Anatolia? Also, what migration wave of Southern Slavs to the Baltics are you talking about? What is the archaeological and genetic evidence for that migration? If you mean the Slavic ancestors of Southern Slavs before their invasion of the Balkans, then it is more appropriate to talk about Proto-Slavs or early Slavs.
    I'm talking about Thracians and Pelasgians too.
    Their language ​​is directly related to Slavic by linguists.
    As I see it, a timid hypothesis about this influence is creeping into Wikipedia too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_languages
    I am talking about influence, culturally, linguistically, religiously, such as is observed in India and Sanskrit, which not coincidentally have the most parallels with the Slavic language.
    Do you have the slightest idea where these influences come from? Well, the Balts don't speak German, do they ?! It is clear where the influence comes from. The story is concrete and clear here.
    I am talking about a much older story than the fictional coming of the Slavs, which was rejected by historians as early as the 19th century.

Registered Users
    Sex

What does alphabet have to do with this discussion? The oldest written IE language is Hittite, should we assume based on this that IE originated and spread from Anatolia? Also, what migration wave of Southern Slavs to the Baltics are you talking about? What is the archaeological and genetic evidence for that migration? If you mean the Slavic ancestors of Southern Slavs before their invasion of the Balkans, then it is more appropriate to talk about Proto-Slavs or early Slavs.

Would you be more specific about that " invasion of the Balkans" by whom specifically, when and by what new particular genes? I need to understand the purpose of the questions at least.
    Last edited by DgidguBidgu; 09-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by DgidguBidgu View Post
    I'm talking about Thracians and Pelasgians too.
    Their language ​​is directly related to Slavic by linguists.
    As I see it, a timid hypothesis about this influence is creeping into Wikipedia too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_languages
    I am talking about influence, culturally, linguistically, religiously, such as is observed in India and Sanskrit, which not coincidentally have the most parallels with the Slavic language.
    Do you have the slightest idea where these influences come from? Well, the Balts don't speak German, do they ?! It is clear where the influence comes from. The story is concrete and clear here.
    I am talking about a much older story than the fictional coming of the Slavs, which was rejected by historians as early as the 19th century.
    The Slavic invasion of the Balkans is a historical fact. If you mean the Baltic connection of the Thracian language, that is another issue, unrelated to Slavic. Thracian is connected by some linguists to the Baltic languages specifically within the Balto-Slavic family, that means the connection, if real, probably postdates the split of Baltic and Slavic and also indicates that Thracian does not form a clade with Slavic within the Balto-Slavic languages but with Baltic instead.
    Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-16-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

The Slavic invasion of the Balkans is a historical fact. If you mean the Baltic connection of the Thracian language, that is another issue, unrelated to Slavic. Thracian is connected by some linguists to the Baltic languages specifically within the Balto-Slavic family, that means the connection, if real, probably postdates the split of Baltic and Slavic and also indicates that Thracian does not form a clade with Slavic within the Balto-Slavic languages but with Baltic instead.

I am talking about scientific literature denied this invasion. That is an old theory, nothing more you invoke now. Theory. So, please give me information what kind of new DNA we can observe here after that" invasion"?!

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Would you be more specific about that " invasion of the Balkans" by whom specifically, when and by what new particular genes? I need to understand the purpose of the questions at least.
    Read some Byzantine history. Specifically focus on the late 6th and early 7th centuries. The Slavic invasion of the Balkans had already started by the late 6th century but was halted by the Byzantines for a short time until resuming in the early 7th century.
    Hidden Content

Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-16-2020),  Alain (09-16-2020),  Michał (09-16-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Well, Thracian can not form clade with Baltic and it is written by linguists, they specifically associated Thraco-Pelasgian with Slavic.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

I am talking about scientific literature denied this invasion. That is an old theory, nothing more you invoke now. Theory. So, please give me information what kind of new DNA we can observe here after that" invasion"?!
    We already have some ancient genomes from the Iron Age Balkans and also genomes from early medieval Slavs from what are now Czechia and Hungary, they are on Global25, you can analyze them and compare them to the modern populations of the Balkans. Modern Balkan populations are in general modeled well as a mixture of Iron Age Balkan populations and early medieval Slavs or modern Northern Slavs.
    Hidden Content

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-16-2020),  Michał (09-16-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Read some Byzantine history. Specifically focus on the late 6th and early 7th centuries. The Slavic invasion of the Balkans had already started by the late 6th century but was halted by the Byzantines for a short time until resuming in the early 7th century.
    That's an old theory and you do not give me DNA after I am asking the same at least for the 3rd time, about that same "invaders"...so for me the question is closed.
    Repeating the same denied theory not helping in the discussion.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

That's an old theory and you do not give me DNA after I am asking the same at least for the 3rd time, about that same "invaders"...so for me the question is closed.
    Repeating the same denied theory not helping in the discussion.
    Read my post here for the genetics:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post700676
    Hidden Content

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-16-2020),  Michał (09-16-2020)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Well, Thracian can not form clade with Baltic and it is written by linguists, they specifically associated Thraco-Pelasgian with Slavic.
    Who associates them with Slavic? Can you give some sources?
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast