Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Baltic languages: a short question.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Buddy, you do realize that Bulgarian is a modern language that is diverged quite a lot from the proto-Slavic?
    The better comparison would be with the proto-Slavic language for which we don't have many attestations but it's mostly reconstructed.
    As a Slavic speaker I can understand many of the Thracian words including some of the most basic ones, such as the word for the Earth.
    As I already explained, Baltic and the Slavic are languages diverging from the samo proto language.
    This is my last post on this topic and will close the thread if you people continue the off-topic talk. Duridanov makes his comparison of Thracian with modern languages, that is the point. The Baltic languages he compares are also modern languages.
    Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Buddy, you do realize that Bulgarian is a modern language that is diverged quite a lot from the proto-Slavic?
    The better comparison would be with the proto-Slavic language for which we don't have many attestations but it's mostly reconstructed.
    As a Slavic speaker I can understand many of the Thracian words including some of the most basic ones, such as the word for the Earth.
    As I already explained, Baltic and the Slavic are languages diverging from the samo proto language.

And no, the Slavic languages certainly don't have more more archaisms than Baltic languages do. In fact, many words of Germanic and Iranic origin entered in the proto-Slavic language. However, there are still signs that the old, pre-superstrate words were retained. For example, the word for God in Serbo-Croat is Big/Бог which is a clear Iranic influence and absorption however there is a word, divna/divan; доцна/диван, which means beautiful in the sense of a God or Goddess which is a clear cognate with the Baltic language
    Balts actually are closer genetically to non Slavic speakers, so you better think about who has influenced who? The source is from Thrace and Thracians not Balts.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    Let's turn to Duridanov and focus on numbers:

Duridanov finds less cognates between Thracian and Slavic than between Thracian and many non-Balto-Slavic languages. This cannot be explained just by the archaism of Baltic and Thracian with respect to Slavic. Slavic is not particularly non-archaic in its vocabulary. Bulgarian, for instance, has about 80% of its vocabulary derived from Slavic Bulgarian roots and a very large percentage of its loanwords are from Russian, another Slavic language.
    The loanwords are with opposite direction from Bulgarian to Russian,again very well lined with historical data. Russians did not speak Slavic till 17-18 century. Academic view, not mine.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Nationality
    Serb
    Y-DNA (P)
    PH908>A5913>A22312

Serbia Montenegro Bosnia and Herzegovina Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by DgidguBidgu View Post
    Is this in any way related to the change of language and culture at the Balkans and where to read about?
    Well of course it is, Slavic dialects have never been spoken in the Balkans before Slavs brought them. This subject is taught in the primary school, and then again in the high school, so the official history textbooks are a great place to start reading.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pribislav For This Useful Post:

Michał (09-16-2020),  Mis (09-16-2020),  Onur Dincer (09-16-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Well of course it is, Slavic dialects have never been spoken in the Balkans before Slavs brought them. This subject is taught in the primary school, and then again in the high school, so the official history textbooks are a great place to start reading.
    Textbooks are not a good source, they are in use for political purposes, that's why foundations are behind ministries of education. Influencing the younger generation is very important. It is difficult to influence an adult, already built individual.
    First historical Slavic tribe is Getae which are Thracians.
    The oldest European toponyms not only from Thrace, they refute you, because they can be explained in Slavic, Today.
    Your propaganda knowledge is nothing new and is of no interest to me. There is no evidence behind it, but only a political agenda.

Explain to the audience how an older language it comes out of a younger language from the same group?
    There is only one analytical language in the Slavic group and it is the source of all Slavic languages.
    From XIII century Bulgarian is analytic language according to old inscriptions. Today at 21 century other Slavic languages are still synthetic. Whether you like it is not my concern.

That is not a news: in 1945, Academician N.S. Derzhavin expressed the idea that the analytical type of the modern Bulgarian language is its archaic feature, and does not represent
    transition from synthesis to analytics: “Compared to the Russian language,
    the modern Bulgarian language is distinguished by the archaicness of its lexical composition and grammatical structure. He does not know, for example
    declensions, ie changes of words by maturity, and for expression
    maturity relations, different prepositions are used "
    Last edited by DgidguBidgu; 09-16-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Too much off-topic discussion and now also accusations of political agenda. I am closing the thread.
    Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (09-16-2020),  George (09-16-2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456