Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Austrian Empire Italy Trentino Alto Adige Republic of Venice

Genetic research on Italian population - here the scientific article

Hello everybody,

does anybody ever seen this article? I found it on web and i though it could be interesting, so here you are.

https://www.repubblica.it/scienze/20...%20in%20Italia.

You have to click on "LO STUDIO(PDF)" link.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diego.M˛chen For This Useful Post:

alexfritz (09-18-2020),  Caius Agrippa (09-18-2020),  Cascio (09-18-2020),  Nino90 (09-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego.M˛chen View Post
    Hello everybody,

does anybody ever seen this article? I found it on web and i though it could be interesting, so here you are.

https://www.repubblica.it/scienze/20...%20in%20Italia.

You have to click on "LO STUDIO(PDF)" link.
    What details do you need ?

Quick summary for pop is...when it formed in march 1860, there was 22 million italians of which only 3 million spoke or knew italian language
    Lombardy joined in 1866.
    In 1870 when veneto and friuli joined italy, add 5 million, % of italian dropped to 2 %.
    Trentino was added after WW1, add 1 million.
    Trieste was added after WW2
    Last edited by vettor; 09-18-2020 at 10:05 AM.

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483 )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

I don't need nothing, i only wanted to share this article with who anybody could be interested in.

However i'll be happy to read any comment
    Last edited by Diego.M˛chen; 09-18-2020 at 11:47 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Diego.M˛chen For This Useful Post:

DgidguBidgu (09-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    What details do you need ?

Quick summary for pop is...when it formed in march 1860, there was 22 million italians of which only 3 million spoke or knew italian language
    Lombardy joined in 1866.
    In 1870 when veneto and friuli joined italy, add 5 million, % of italian dropped to 2 %.
    Trentino was added after WW1, add 1 million.
    Trieste was added after WW2

Corretct, just, sorry a little note, Trentino and SŘdtirol was added after WW1, and population i think was less, we are 1 million nowadays, 100 years ago there were i think about 500 000 people

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diego.M˛chen For This Useful Post:

Cascio (09-18-2020),  vettor (09-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Iron age Italic+Germanic
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican
    I does not count if the areas you talking about were part of Italy the nation.

Italy as a cultural and linguistic area is much older. Even if there is difference between North and South italians.
    They are all bound by our history and common heritage in the Roman empire.
    Even in medieval times Niccolo Machiavelli and other italians wanted an united Italian penisula.
    Hidden Content

Eurogenes K13 Mixed Mode Population Sharing:
    1. 63.1% Swedish + 36.9% Spanish_Andalucia @ 2.93

Dodecad K12b
    1. 87,89% Szolad3 + 12,11% CHV001_Chalmny_Varre_18th-19th @ 1,131
    7. 66.4% Norwegian + 33.6% TSI30 (Metspalu) @ 3.24

Target: Nino
    Distance: 1.5423% / 0.01542331
    55.0 ISL_Viking_Age_Norse
    36.6 ITA_Rome_Latini_IA
    8.4 FIN_Levanluhta_IA2

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nino90 For This Useful Post:

Cascio (09-18-2020),  etrusco (09-18-2020),  J.delajara (09-18-2020),  rober_tce (09-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    I does not count if the areas you talking about were part of Italy the nation.

Italy as a cultural and linguistic area is much older. Even if there is difference between North and South italians.
    They are all bound by our history and common heritage in the Roman empire.
    Even in medieval times Niccolo Machiavelli and other italians wanted an united Italian penisula.
    There where Italian people , there was German people etc, they where just reffered to as geographical areas............but, there was no nations until after 1750 , there where only kingdoms and republics ..............after napoleon's destruction of Europe, the Congress of Vienna decided that there would only be Monarchies in Europe ..........Italy had to find a royal family to move to Italy and become Kings of Italy , so Italy could form , they decided on the French house of Savoy , they came and moved to Turin, ................Greece as an example had to ask a royal Bavarian family to become kings of Greece so Greece could form........that's how it was for all of Europe

Linguistically, Italy had no language............when it formed, in Italy the new government needed to decide on a language for Italy .............the King wanted the Piedmont language, the Church wanted Latin language and so it was decided to take Dante's created/fabricated language of the 13th century, but with the emphasis on Pietro Bembo changes made in the 16th century...........that is how the language was accepted as Italian, if the King was more forceful, italy would be speaking a Piedmont language today

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483 )

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Cascio (09-18-2020),  Diego.M˛chen (09-22-2020),  pmokeefe (09-19-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tuscan Italian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+Z36+
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a7a

United Kingdom Italy
    There where Italian people , there was German people etc, they where just reffered to as geographical areas............but, there was no nations until after 1750 , there where only kingdoms and republics ..............after napoleon's destruction of Europe, the Congress of Vienna decided that there would only be Monarchies in Europe ..........Italy had to find a royal family to move to Italy and become Kings of Italy , so Italy could form , they decided on the French house of Savoy , they came and moved to Turin, ................Greece as an example had to ask a royal Bavarian family to become kings of Greece so Greece could form........that's how it was for all of Europe

Linguistically, Italy had no language............when it formed, in Italy the new government needed to decide on a language for Italy .............the King wanted the Piedmont language, the Church wanted Latin language and so it was decided to take Dante's created/fabricated language of the 13th century, but with the emphasis on Pietro Bembo changes made in the 16th century...........that is how the language was accepted as Italian, if the King was more forceful, italy would be speaking a Piedmont language today
    Pretty good summary, but the House of Savoy moved their capital from Chambery in Savoie to Turin in Piedmont in the middle of the 16th century.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Quote Originally Posted by Cascio View Post
    Pretty good summary, but the House of Savoy moved their capital from Chambery in Savoie to Turin in Piedmont in the middle of the 16th century.
    This was due to the french and venetian military pact in the 16th century in stopping the hapsburg union of Austria and Spain.........this became known as the Grison war ...........the french ruled/contolled all of North-west Italy ( not liguria ) Venice controlled east-Lombardy since 1430 and the venetian border went through bergamo -sondrio to the swiss of the grisons ..............france and venice where scared of this spanish-austrian union

A loose alliance of France, Venice and the Duchy of Savoy supported the Three Leagues against the Grison rebels, backed by the Habsburg Monarchy. The conflict threatened to draw the Swiss Confederation in the Thirty Years War.

they (france and venice ) where trying to stop the
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Road

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Cascio (09-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tuscan Italian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+Z36+
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a7a

United Kingdom Italy
    This was due to the french and venetian military pact in the 16th century in stopping the hapsburg union of Austria and Spain.........this became known as the Grison war ...........the french ruled/contolled all of North-west Italy ( not liguria ) Venice controlled east-Lombardy since 1430 and the venetian border went through bergamo -sondrio to the swiss of the grisons ..............france and venice where scared of this spanish-austrian union

A loose alliance of France, Venice and the Duchy of Savoy supported the Three Leagues against the Grison rebels, backed by the Habsburg Monarchy. The conflict threatened to draw the Swiss Confederation in the Thirty Years War.

they (france and venice ) where trying to stop the
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Road
    Yes, but the House of Savoy remained at Turin from the later 16th century.