Nationality
    american/pakistani
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-CTS5368
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    My grandmom is: J-CTS5368

Others are J-CTS15 and J-P58. There seem to be more samples now, 1 J-CTS5368 and another J-CTS15. So in total 5 samples so far. Might go through my dad's list as well to see if there are any new ones. Don't want to hijack this thread, might start a new thread for it.

@KarnalIroh: My mom has a Mirza match who seem to share long list of Tarkhan relatives with my mom. Now I am sure mirza is used by muslim Tarkhans and the connection is legit in your case.
    also we have the same subclade as your grandma j-CTS5368.My grandma was from jammu and there seem to be alot of mirza's and baigs there might point to being the orignal abode of tarkhans

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karnalIroh For This Useful Post:

AlluGobi (01-25-2021),  Amber29 (01-24-2021),  desi (01-31-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by karnalIroh View Post
    also we have the same subclade as your grandma j-CTS5368.My grandma was from jammu and there seem to be alot of mirza's and baigs there might point to being the orignal abode of tarkhans
    That one have been found in Central Asia and Swat.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Theirs probably comes from that Arslantepe sample , check that one too. Though the bigger question is how this line landed up. How common is this line in Jats, it must be very rare I would imagine. I only see few scenarios, some Amorite trader/merchant who married a local woman either in the BMAC or IVC. Or possibly a back-migrated Mittani, though thats more far fetched.
    Personally I think it have something to do with Jews and Zoroastrians.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jatt1 For This Useful Post:

tipirneni (01-24-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    HM82 Z5890+CTS8144+
    mtDNA (M)
    U2a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    HM69

United States of America India Hyderabad State Dutch East India Company
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    Personally I think it have something to do with Jews and Zoroastrians.
    my kit show matches with Arslantepe samples & Alalakh, Ebla, Jordan etc,, which directly show matching Iran Jews, Caucasian Jews, I have posted few of them matching >20%. That might be some very ancient Bronze age & before cline which vanished after rise of Persians
    Y: H-M69 -> H-M82 -> SK1225 -> H-Z5888 -> H-Z5890 -> H-CTS8144 [CTS8144/PF1741/M5498] -> Z34531 (H1a1a4b3b1a8~)
    found 2875 BCE -> Jiroft/IVC Periphery 11459 Shahr-i-Sokte BA2
    mtDNA:U2a1a

G25 Ancients Dist 1.0 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2 88.4 MAR_Taforalt 2.6NPL_Mebrak 5
    VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA 4 Hidden Content

Lactose Persistence rs3213871 rs4988243 rs4988183 rs3769005 rs2236783
    found -> DA125, Kangju

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    my kit show matches with Arslantepe samples & Alalakh, Ebla, Jordan etc,, which directly show matching Iran Jews, Caucasian Jews, I have posted few of them matching >20%. That might be some very ancient Bronze age & before cline which vanished after rise of Persians
    I am saying that for the reasons other than the genetic ones. I don't have their Y subclades but I think there were several J1-Z1853 there, they definitely more distant than the Z3698. Autosomal matches are a different story though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jatt1 For This Useful Post:

tipirneni (01-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    W

India India Punjab Sikh Empire
    Are Awans considered Hindkowans?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pothwari/Punjabi
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y7
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b

United States of America Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by desi View Post
    Are Awans considered Hindkowans?
    Some Awans have historically resided in Hindko speaking areas, for example 91,000 of them were tabulated in Hazara District during 1900s British Raj and and huge majority also resided in Attock District where Hindko is spoken.
    Attached are numbers from British Indian Gazette, Attock and Hazara District:
    Attachment 42910
    Attachment 42911
    Last edited by Kapisa; 01-28-2021 at 04:40 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kapisa For This Useful Post:

AlluGobi (01-28-2021),  desi (01-28-2021),  Jatt1 (01-28-2021),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kapisa View Post
    Some Awans have historically resided in Hindko speaking areas, for example 91,000 of them were tabulated in Hazara District during 1900s British Raj and and huge majority also resided in Attock District where Hindko is spoken.
    Attached are numbers from British Indian Gazette, Attock and Hazara District:
    Attachment 42910
    Attachment 42911
    We had this discussion about Sikh Awans before. I'd like to see your views on it. I have come across Sikh Awans and Arains over the years and have shared their profiles with some users here. Arains are understandable since they had significant presence in Doaba, and had a small Sikh population in Amritsar area during 1901 censure of Punjab. But how do you think Awans ended up in Doaba? Bolnat speculated these awans are the ones who accepted Sikhism during partition. But Doaba still is pretty far from Awans native place in Northern Punjab

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Ahmed Ali (01-28-2021),  AlluGobi (01-28-2021),  Amber29 (01-28-2021),  Jatt1 (01-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a-MF10475
    mtDNA (M)
    N1d
    mtDNA (P)
    U7

United Kingdom Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    We had this discussion about Sikh Awans before. I'd like to see your views on it. I have come across Sikh Awans and Arains over the years and have shared their profiles with some users here. Arains are understandable since they had significant presence in Doaba, and had a small Sikh population in Amritsar area during 1901 censure of Punjab. But how do you think Awans ended up in Doaba? Bolnat speculated these awans are the ones who accepted Sikhism during partition. But Doaba still is pretty far from Awans native place in Northern Punjab
    Interesting. I sought my Naani's views, as she seems to know a fair bit about the Awans' origins. She relaid an interesting tradition to me. She said that the Awan heartlands are the Salt Range and Soan Valley, but there was an eastward migration during the seventeenth-century. Apparently two Awan brothers, supposedly military men, and their extended families relocated from Sekaser to East Punjab. Their names were apparently Nasr-Din ("Baba Nasr") and Tasr-Din. One brother's progeny settled in Jalandhar, and the other brother's children populated villages in and around Kapurthala. In later generations, these Awans apparently developed close relations with the Mughal Darbar and their West Punjab brethren considered them a prestigious branch of the tribe. Not sure how true this all is, but Naani says the family trees of the East Punjab Awans' do appear to trace back to a single migration from West Punjab sometime in the 17th century..

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ahmed Ali For This Useful Post:

AlluGobi (01-28-2021),  Amber29 (01-28-2021),  Jatt1 (01-28-2021),  Kapisa (01-28-2021),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Ali View Post
    Interesting. I sought my Naani's views, as she seems to know a fair bit about the Awans' origins. She relaid an interesting tradition to me. She said that the Awan heartlands are the Salt Range and Soan Valley, but there was an eastward migration during the seventeenth-century. Apparently two Awan brothers, supposedly military men, and their extended families relocated from Sekaser to East Punjab. Their names were apparently Nasr-Din ("Baba Nasr") and Tasr-Din. One brother's progeny settled in Jalandhar, and the other brother's children populated villages in and around Kapurthala. In later generations, these Awans apparently developed close relations with the Mughal Darbar and their West Punjab brethren considered them a prestigious branch of the tribe. Not sure how true this all is, but Naani says the family trees of the East Punjab Awans' do appear to trace back to a single migration from West Punjab sometime in the 17th century..
    The Sikh Awan profiles I found were from Jalandhar-Kapurthala area. They have villages there and were primary zimidar of those villages. So they probably are from that branch.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Ahmed Ali (01-28-2021),  AlluGobi (01-28-2021),  Jatt1 (01-28-2021)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast