Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about the admixture from northwestern Europe

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    Not really.

Like I said, the statistical fits in your models are rather poor, and one of the reasons for this is the wrong type of HG reference.

The HG in NW and NE Europe is more or less the same, except that NW Euros have somewhat more HG ancestry from NW Europe.

The main haplogroups in modern Europeans aren't from local HG populations.

For instance, Balts didn't get their R1a or N1c from Baltic HGs. They got their R1a from the steppe and the N1c via a massive founder effect from Uralians.

So yeah, haplogroups are often much more susceptible to founder effects and drift than autosomal DNA, and both NW and NE Euros got their R1a and R1b from the same place, which was the steppe.
    I am wondering how Balts do not score any Uralic related admixture.These N1c lineages probably didn't had a big impact and their genes probably dissapeared quickly thought!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Cracow (10-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    I am wondering how Balts do not score any Uralic related admixture.These N1c lineages probably didn't had a big impact and their genes probably dissapeared quickly thought!!!
    Maybe only Finnish females contributed to the phenotypes and gene pool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rikvdb For This Useful Post:

Cracow (10-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Not really.

Like I said, the statistical fits in your models are rather poor, and one of the reasons for this is the wrong type of HG reference.

The HG in NW and NE Europe is more or less the same, except that NW Euros have somewhat more HG ancestry from NW Europe.
    If NW Europeans have more HG ancestors, what do NE Europeans have in its replacement?

Do you know more about G25? It still confuses me sometimes how to use it or what the numbers mean. I understand how to use vahaduo, but what do the fit numbers and all comma numbers used in samples represent?

The main haplogroups in modern Europeans aren't from local HG populations.

For instance, Balts didn't get their R1a or N1c from Baltic HGs. They got their R1a from the steppe and the N1c via a massive founder effect from Uralians.

So yeah, haplogroups are often much more susceptible to founder effects and drift than autosomal DNA, and both NW and NE Euros got their R1a and R1b from the same place, which was the steppe.
    I is the WHG haplogroup and is definitely more common in NW Euro than NE Euro, NE Euro also has N, which is not present in NW Euro at all.

Haplogroups are so different that they must have different population sources. NE Euro must have a smaller population that is an ancestor of I and NW must have no ancestral population of N.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cracow For This Useful Post:

michal3141 (10-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post

It's interesting. Maybe its a recent founder effect where some Baltic N1c guy who was just a mainstream Baltic Sea guy got lucky over the R1a guys who probably made up the bulk fo Estonian and Finnish Corded Ware.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davit For This Useful Post:

Cracow (10-11-2020),  Johnny ola (10-11-2020)

Suspended Account
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Cracow View Post
    „I” is the WHG haplogroup and is definitely more common in NW Euro than NE Euro, NE Euro also has „N”, which is not present in NW Euro at all.

Haplogroups are so different that they must have different population sources. NE Euro must have a smaller population that is an ancestor of „I” and NW must have no ancestral population of „N”.
    I1 is originally a WHG haplogroup. But the I1 in NW Europe comes from a massive founder effect only dating to the Late Bronze Age, so the population that was involved in this founder effect was typically North European, and largely of steppe ancestry.

And like I said, the N1c in NE Europe is also from a massive founder effect which didn't leave much, or even any, trace in autosomal DNA.

You have to learn about how Y-DNA relates to genome-wide/autosomal DNA to be able to make sense of these things.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

Alain (10-12-2020),  Cracow (10-12-2020),  JMcB (10-11-2020),  Johnny ola (10-11-2020),  jstephan (10-22-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Netherlands Kenya
    Essentially, Baltic N1c is the tale of one guy with massive BDE.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CopperAxe For This Useful Post:

Cracow (10-12-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12