Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 178

Thread: Autosomal of Egyptian pharaohs?

  1. #121
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,612
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIncredibleHulk View Post
    Also, you need to know that Eurogenes calculators aren't very good for us MENA peoples as well, so..yeah. I believe it works best for Europeans only.
    Bullshit.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (10-31-2020),  Michalis Moriopoulos (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020)

  3. #122
    Registered Users
    Posts
    437
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    G1a
    mtDNA (M)
    I5b1

    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIncredibleHulk View Post
    Also, you need to know that Eurogenes calculators aren't very good for us MENA peoples as well, so..yeah. I believe it works best for Europeans only.
    I disagree, Eurogenes K13 is one of the best calcs on Gedmatch for West Asians and North Africans.

    Btw, can you guys post what Nakht-Ankh scores with other calculators, like K36, Dodecad K12b and Harappaworld?

  4. #123
    Registered Users
    Posts
    407
    Sex
    Location
    Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U152+Z36+A7992
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a-C150T

    United States of America Mexico Germany United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalis Moriopoulos View Post
    Nefarious plot? Here's a more banal explanation: a lot of these guys aren't very good at calling subclades. Not everybody can be Principe or Pribislav.

    I know all of you haplogroup nuts are excited about this, but come on. The autosomes is where it's at. The prospect of having Tut and his family in the G25 is too cool for school. And probably too good to be true.
    I have to admit...it would be PRETTY COOL to have King Tut's autosomal DNA in the G25. But I can't help but be intrigued about Tut's Y and mito haplogroups as I am R1b and K myself. I did a quick check on Tut's paternal lineage, which seems to be pretty clear back to Thutmoses I. How could the 18th Dynasty be descended from Europeans? A Tumulus Culture Trader? Hanky-panky by an Egyptian princess with a foreign slave? Enquiring minds want to know! Let's get Principe & Pribislav on the next plane to Egypt and get this mystery solved!
    Last edited by Grossvater; 10-31-2020 at 02:30 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grossvater For This Useful Post:

     Nino90 (10-31-2020)

  6. #124
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,056
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Yemen Canada
    You do realize there are millions of Africans and Middle Easterners with R1b right? Don't know why you are assuming Tut was some Aryan Steppe Pharoah

  7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Alfa (10-31-2020),  Awale (11-02-2020),  Brandon S. Pilcher (10-31-2020),  diini95 (10-31-2020),  dosas (10-31-2020),  Gadzooks (10-31-2020),  Grossvater (10-31-2020),  Hurricane (10-31-2020),  Ignis90 (10-31-2020),  jkotl0327 (10-31-2020),  Mansamusa (11-01-2020),  Michalis Moriopoulos (10-31-2020),  Nebuchadnezzar II (10-31-2020),  pgbk87 (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020)

  8. #125
    Registered Users
    Posts
    400
    Sex

    Not too shocked about R1b personally.
    I would even say it wouldn't be too shocking if it was indeed steppes-related (M269) and not Neolithic R1b as most MENAs (except Arabians?) have very minor to substantial amounts of steppes-related ancestry by at least the onset of the Iron Age if not before.

    Tut is quite late in Ancient Egypt's multi-millenial history anyway.
    Would still be nice to have a historical figure in the G25 dataset.
    Paternal Y-DNA haplogroup: E-M35>E-Z827>L19>M81>M183
    Maternal [grandfather] Y-DNA: E-M35>E-Z827>L19>M81>M183>PF2477>PF2546
    Hidden Content

    Lactase Persistence (LP)
    13910: TT (rs4988235 AA)
    22018: AA (rs182549 TT)

    (my mother's LP: same results)

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ignis90 For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (10-31-2020),  Michalis Moriopoulos (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020)

  10. #126
    Registered Users
    Posts
    480
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    With these types of results why do afro centrists still hold onto their ideas that ancient Egyptians were black African?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisdandy For This Useful Post:

     ThaYamamoto (11-01-2020),  The Saite (11-04-2020)

  12. #127
    Registered Users
    Posts
    407
    Sex
    Location
    Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U152+Z36+A7992
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a-C150T

    United States of America Mexico Germany United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    You do realize there are millions of Africans and Middle Easterners with R1b right? Don't know why you are assuming Tut was some Aryan Steppe Pharoah
    Don't take my post seriously. I was just kidding around. I do realize that there are many Africans and Middle Easterners like me with R1b, all of us descended from the same man sometime in the deep past. In reality I'm not assuming Tut was an "Aryan Steppe Pharaoh," which is why I asked if the most likely subclade was V88.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grossvater For This Useful Post:

     drobbah (10-31-2020)

  14. #128
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,108
    Sex
    Location
    Central Florida
    Ethnicity
    Aegean Greek + NW Euro
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L26
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

    Greece United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisdandy View Post
    With these types of results why do afro centrists still hold onto their ideas that ancient Egyptians were black African?
    Come on, you know that's not going to go anywhere constructive. I am no fan of Afrocentrists either, but they are not one-size-fits-all. Their thinkers and claims range from idiotic to sensible. If you're talking about the loonies who think Egyptians looked West African or Nilote-like, who cares what they think? Irrational people are not going to be swayed by data in any case. See Eran Elhaik.

    But most so-called Afrocentrists who support a "black Egypt" claim that they were more like Horn African pastoralists, who are very West Eurasian-mixed anyway. That said, it's looking unlikely that most historical Egyptians (Old Kingdom onward) were Horn African-like either, but it's still entirely possible predynastic Upper Egyptians (Badarians) were, and that important aspects of the civilization's origins are to be found deep in East Africa. These claims might turn out to be totally wrong, too, but they're not crazy. Neither is the prospect of a cline from Abusir-like to Beja-like people going from the Delta to Nubia. I would wait for the relevant data to come in before celebrating too loudly. We have absolutely nothing from Old Kingdom Upper Egypt or Nubia and that's going to be important.
    Last edited by Michalis Moriopoulos; 10-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.

  15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Michalis Moriopoulos For This Useful Post:

     Awale (11-02-2020),  Cascio (10-31-2020),  diini95 (10-31-2020),  drobbah (10-31-2020),  Gadzooks (10-31-2020),  Jatt1 (10-31-2020),  Lenny Nero (11-01-2020),  lifeisdandy (10-31-2020),  Megalophias (11-01-2020),  pakistani (10-31-2020),  Reggiemercer (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020),  Tsakhur (11-07-2020)

  16. #129
    Registered Users
    Posts
    112
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Michalis Moriopoulos View Post
    Come on, you know that's not going to go anywhere constructive. I am no fan of Afrocentrists either, but they are not one-size-fits-all. Their thinkers and claims range from idiotic to sensible. If you're talking about the loonies who think Egyptians looked West African or Nilote-like, who cares what they think? Irrational people are not going to be swayed by data in any case. See Eran Elhaik.

    But most so-called Afrocentrists who support a "black Egypt" claim that they were more like Horn African pastoralists, who are very West Eurasian-mixed anyway. That said, it's looking unlikely that most historical Egyptians (Old Kingdom onward) were Horn African-like either, but it's still entirely possible predynastic Upper Egyptians (Badarians) were, and that important aspects of the civilization's origins are to be found deep in East Africa. These claims might turn out to be totally wrong, too, but they're not crazy. Neither is the prospect of a cline from Abusir-like to Beja-like people going from the Delta to Nubia. I would wait for the relevant data to come in before celebrating too loudly. We have absolutely nothing from Old Kingdom Upper Egypt or Nubia and that's going to be important.
    at the time of the Badari there were no groups in east africa who looked like Horn african pastoralists.

  17. #130
    Registered Users
    Posts
    480
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by Michalis Moriopoulos View Post
    Come on, you know that's not going to go anywhere constructive. I am no fan of Afrocentrists either, but they are not one-size-fits-all. Their thinkers and claims range from idiotic to sensible. If you're talking about the loonies who think Egyptians looked West African or Nilote-like, who cares what they think? Irrational people are not going to be swayed by data in any case. See Eran Elhaik.

    But most so-called Afrocentrists who support a "black Egypt" claim that they were more like Horn African pastoralists, who are very West Eurasian-mixed anyway. That said, it's looking unlikely that most historical Egyptians (Old Kingdom onward) were Horn African-like either, but it's still entirely possible predynastic Upper Egyptians (Badarians) were, and that important aspects of the civilization's origins are to be found deep in East Africa. These claims might turn out to be totally wrong, too, but they're not crazy. Neither is the prospect of a cline from Abusir-like to Beja-like people going from the Delta to Nubia. I would wait for the relevant data to come in before celebrating too loudly. We have absolutely nothing from Old Kingdom Upper Egypt or Nubia and that's going to be important.
    I wasn't trying to be rude or cause an issue. I do agree its still quite early but im tired of being called an invading ayrab. It would be nice to settle this once and for all but ya I guess if someone doesn't want to see or hear.. then they won't.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lifeisdandy For This Useful Post:

     Awale (11-02-2020),  beyoku (10-31-2020),  diini95 (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. On Ancient Egyptian DNA.
    By Adules in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-26-2020, 11:20 AM
  2. Oldest recorded solar eclipse helps date the Egyptian pharaohs
    By firemonkey in forum History (Ancient)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
  3. New Kingdom Pharaohs Positive for L23
    By George Chandler in forum History (Ancient)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 01:53 PM
  4. Ancient Egyptian Autosomal DNA
    By Logistics in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •