Mixed Zanzibar
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-L1307
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b

ZanzibarSultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    Based on what you wrote, yes.

It isn't too hard to come up with sarcastic names like "genius", "Plato", "Einstein", "Fermi", "Oppenheimer", etc., to imply that your target is really the opposite (i.e., stupid).

If that kind of thing makes you feel better, I guess that's what you will do.
    well i didn't write enough for such an assumption to be made. agreed sarcastic comments are unnecessary. i've edited them out. insulin's role in obesity is inherent in the consumption of polyunsaturated fats. that's all i was saying. imma leave this thread now.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThaYamamoto For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (12-01-2020),  Kirtan24 (12-02-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    I agree that an excess of polyunsaturated fats is harmful, but mainly because they become highly inflammatory eicosanoids, and evidently coronary artery disease is caused by inflammation.

I don't believe polyunsaturated fats are particularly insulin stimulating.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Well, I am definitely no physician, nutritionist, dietician, endocrinologist, etc., etc.

But it wasn't too long ago I discovered that I could go back to consuming full-fat dairy products without concern for my heart health. Since I love whole milk, butter, cheese, cream, and so on, that was really welcome news.

Another thing I discovered is that drastically reducing one's intake of salt is not really a good idea. That was good news, as well. "Quit using salt! Switch to Mrs. Dash!", is advice one still hears from some doctors.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (12-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Zanzibar
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-L1307
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b

ZanzibarSultanate
    Well, I am definitely no physician, nutritionist, dietician, endocrinologist, etc., etc.

But it wasn't too long ago I discovered that I could go back to consuming full-fat dairy products without concern for my heart health. Since I love whole milk, butter, cheese, cream, and so on, that was really welcome news.

Another thing I discovered is that drastically reducing one's intake of salt is not really a good idea. That was good news, as well. "Quit using salt! Switch to Mrs. Dash!", is advice one still hears from some doctors.
    yes well actually i think we got off to the wrong foot so would like to apologise...i'm in full agreement that full fat dairy is not ideal in the least. nuts and seeds are down right terrible. salt is indeed great and vegetarianism is disastrous. have you come across the works of dr ray peat and dr gilbert lee?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThaYamamoto For This Useful Post:

davit (12-01-2020),  Jatt1 (12-01-2020),  JMcB (12-01-2020),  Kirtan24 (12-02-2020),  rms2 (12-01-2020),  Webb (12-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

I agree that an excess of polyunsaturated fats is harmful, but mainly because they become highly inflammatory eicosanoids, and evidently coronary artery disease is caused by inflammation.

I don't believe polyunsaturated fats are particularly insulin stimulating.
    When sugars are consumed with fats the combination causes inflammation. Don't consume them together, keep one of them and proteins to minimum and you will do fine. Carbs are not the problem, combination is. You eat too much fats without taking good amount of Omega 3s you again will have problem. Can you tell me why you keep fast while you hardy eat any carbs?

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Did you mean that full-fat dairy is ideal, i.e., better than reduced-fat and skim?

I think nuts and seeds are great in moderation.

The name of Ray Peat sounds familiar, although I can't quite recall where I heard the name. I'm not familiar with Gilbert Lee.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    When sugars are consumed with fats the combination causes inflammation. Don't consume them together, keep one of them and proteins to minimum and you will do fine. Carbs are not the problem, combination is. You eat too much fats without taking good amount of Omega 3s you again will have problem. Can you tell me why you keep fast while you hardy eat any carbs?
    I'm not on keto. I just try to keep my carbs relatively low, not to eliminate them entirely. And when I do eat carbs, I try to get them from veggies and whole grains, not from processed stuff.

I fast because it has tremendous health benefits.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (12-01-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Some other wonderful things I have discovered is that dark meat poultry is great, and you can eat it with the skin!

No more dry-as-dust, skinless chicken and turkey breasts. Give me thighs and drumsticks!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

C J Wyatt III (12-02-2020),  JMcB (12-01-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27>Z195>FGC23196
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a2a

United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Amazing the way this thread has gone.

I thought the Fung video I posted in the original post was pretty non-controversial, but it seems everyone has an opinion about what and what not to eat and how frequently, and some of those views are held with some emotion.

Some of you are pretty young and active and can get away with a lot when it comes to diet. The onset of middle age may alter your point of view somewhat.

Still, do what you want.
    If you walk into a Gym and ask 20 weight lifters which is the better program, lighter weights with high volume or heavy weights and lower volume, just stand back and get your popcorn ready, because the arguments are going to start immediately. This is because we have genetics driving our ability to gain muscle just as we have genetics driving our propensity to be affected by diet. One program might be better for me than the other and vice versa. Dr. Barry Sears formed his diet The Zone many many years ago, and it based on insulin resistance. I have used it and for me it works. I will read Dr. Fung's book at some point also. The Zone is formatted as a diet first to control insulin levels which puts you in "the zone" and promotes the bodies ability to reduce inflammation as gets your body and mind functioning optimally.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kuyavian land
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y14300
    mtDNA (M)
    H44b1

Last edited by Mis; 12-02-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast