Thread: If Europeans and Amerindians were always genetically related then....

Registered Users
    Sex

If Europeans and Amerindians were always genetically related then....

...how accurate are genetic studies that show European admixture in modern native american populations? I read a national geographic article that said native americans were always around 1/3rd west Eurasian, which is a lot. I've also noticed that Amerindian "admixture" sometimes appears in European reference populations in some studies, this is obviously not accurate, so I wonder if the contrary is accurate.
    I've also noticed that some studies done in native american populations clarify that the supposed European admixture might not be recent.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Greek + NW Euro
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L26
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Greece United States of America
    It's not a problem to tell the difference if you're using the right methods. The Western Crown Eurasian ancestry in Amerinds is very distinct from the modern West Eurasian profile. All modern West Eurasians have WHG-related and Basal Eurasian ancestry, elements which the Ancient North Eurasians lacked. You can easily tell when an Amerind group is mixed with actual Europeans. The ancient Near Eastern ancestry (Anatolian Neo, CHG) is a dead giveaway.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michalis Moriopoulos For This Useful Post:

Cascio (11-13-2020),  Grossvater (11-13-2020),  jetshop (11-22-2020),  jstephan (11-13-2020),  madaleninha (11-14-2020),  Tsakhur (11-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Nationality
    Spanish

Spain
    hmmm is not "european" , and is not "admixture". Its a common ancient ancestral population called ANE (ancient north eurasian) from which some hunter gathers of europe derive part of their ancestry, as well as most of west and central eurasians and amerindians

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweuro For This Useful Post:

jstephan (11-13-2020),  Tsakhur (11-13-2020)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

1/3 West Eurasian seems high is the peak of ANE is 44% in South America and even 1/3 of that is East Eurasian. That would no major Amerindian tribe is more than 29% West Eurasian.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to davit For This Useful Post:

Tsakhur (11-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    1/3 West Eurasian seems high is the peak of ANE is 44% in South America and even 1/3 of that is East Eurasian. That would no major Amerindian tribe is more than 29% West Eurasian.
    Actually ANE is more from somewhere from 25 to 30% East Eurasian (Tianyuan-related I believe). So some Amerindian groups might have a bit more Early West Eurasian ancestry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsakhur For This Useful Post:

davit (11-14-2020)