Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Modern Greek Averages

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (11-21-2020),  Greekscholar (11-21-2020),  xripkan (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

I used every academic Peloponnesian sample we have (including SE Lakonia) to model myself. Seems valid

Distance: 2.2672% / 0.02267223
    Target: Christos_scaled
    78.1 updated_Peloponnese
    21.9 Greek_Thessaly

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xripkan For This Useful Post:

Greekscholar (11-21-2020),  Johnny ola (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Greece
    Great thread. I am just catching up now.

Who is included in the "AG Peloponnese 5 average" TonyC, Christos, MarkosMom, ChrisGrandfather, Sorcelow, or ChristosA_father?
    Last edited by Greekscholar; 11-21-2020 at 11:28 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greekscholar For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (11-21-2020)

Gold Class Member

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    Both Greeks and Turks from Cappadocia are pretty much the same with exception the visible east eurasian in the later. Trabzon Greeks and Turks(who are pretty much the same people) have Also 'Bronze Age Anatolian' like input, but their Caucasus admixture pulls them towards Armenians and Georgians. Trabzon is actually modeling as half Georgian and half Cappadocian Greek. But Cappadocian Greeks are way more steppe admixed.I think they received more steppe DNA from Phrygians-Lydians during the IA or they mixed With Celts(Galatians) taking serious Some R1b(Italo-Celtic) markers among them.
    Interesting. How common is R1a among mainland Greeks compared to Islanders and Anatolian Greeks? Out of curiosity, I looked at those Mycenaean samples, they prefer a more Steppe MLBA/Corded ware source, this would make sense I think given the chariot culture of Mycenaeans.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Nationality
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a (L295-, P267-)
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a (L621)
    mtDNA (P)
    V

Byzantine Empire Greece Cyprus
    Quote Originally Posted by Greekscholar View Post
    Great thread. I am just catching up now. I will post a PCA with our new information and old samples here as soon as I can. I need to update some labels first.

Who is included in the "AG Peloponnese 5 average" TonyC, Christos, MarkosMom, ChrisGrandfather, Sorcelow, or ChristosA_father?
    My father (ChristosA_father) is no Peloponnesian. He is just always closest to the Peloponnesian average because he is a Macedonia-Anatolia mix

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chatzianastasoglou For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (11-21-2020),  Greekscholar (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Quote Originally Posted by Greekscholar View Post
    Great thread. I am just catching up now. I will post a PCA with our new information and old samples here as soon as I can. I need to update some labels first.

It's Chris_grandpa from Achaia. Lacreme's friend.

Edit: you had included Chrisgrandfather. The fifth is Scorcelow's mother.
    Last edited by xripkan; 11-21-2020 at 09:17 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xripkan For This Useful Post:

Greekscholar (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatzianastasoglou View Post
    My father (ChristosA_father) is no Peloponnesian. He is just always closest to the Peloponnesian average because he is a Macedonia-Anatolia mix
    Got it. I had him mislabeled then.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Interesting. How common is R1a among mainland Greeks compared to Islanders and Anatolian Greeks? Out of curiosity, I looked at those Mycenaean samples, they prefer a more Steppe MLBA/Corded ware source, this would make sense I think given the chariot culture of Mycenaeans.
    First of all,let me correct my self becasue what i told you above...about Cappadocian Greeks is not 100% true.Eastern Cappadocians require something transcaucasus and they coming closer to Greek Trabzon and Armenians while those from the western parts coming closer to Greek islanders,Cypriots and to east med spectrum in general.Those from Kayiseri are more Anatolian and Greek admixed.I think this has to do because western Cappadocia did not influenced by a transcaucasian source(kura-araxes prolly) like Eastern Cappadocia seems.With a few words eastern Cappadocians plot usually closer to Trabzon and Armenians while Western Cappadocian will be closer to Greek islands,Cyprus etc.

As for R1a, there are some lineages but i have no idea where exactly the coming from.Might be from BA,might be from Slavs.Someones who knows can reply.As for Myceneans, indeed they need something Steppe MLBA/Corded ware like.I suspect KMK/Babyno culture?Or maybe Catacomb.It is going to be,a big debate R1a vs R1b for proto-Greeks.I can't wait to see what lineages they belonged.If they come from a Yamnaya 'like' culture-source they would have been definitely R1b-Z2103 IMO.I hope more samples in the future to reveal it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (11-21-2020),  lacreme (11-21-2020),  pegasus (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a-M319
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2-M223

Here are some two way models for my results that I found to be interesting. I ran this through RStudio. Reminder, i am from northwest Laconia.

"91.6% Greek_Peloponnese (N=27) + 8.4% BGR_MLBA" "0.0195"
    "78.4% Greek_SE_Laconia (N=3) + 21.6% Yamnaya_BGR" "0.0199"
    "93.6% Greek_Peloponnese (N=27) + 6.4% Yamnaya_RUS_Kalmykia" "0.0194"

I obviously have a higher cut of steppe ancestry compared to Peloponnesians in general and especially southeastern Laconians, which I think is from my father's side, considering that my mother's results are more less in line with the average.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sorcelow For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (11-21-2020),  Chatzianastasoglou (11-21-2020),  lacreme (11-21-2020),  xripkan (11-21-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Nationality
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a (L295-, P267-)
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a (L621)
    mtDNA (P)
    V

Byzantine Empire Greece Cyprus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcelow View Post
    Here are some two way models for my results that I found to be interesting. I ran this through RStudio. Reminder, i am from northwest Laconia.

"91.6% Greek_Peloponnese (N=27) + 8.4% BGR_MLBA" "0.0195"
    "78.4% Greek_SE_Laconia (N=3) + 21.6% Yamnaya_BGR" "0.0199"
    "93.6% Greek_Peloponnese (N=27) + 6.4% Yamnaya_RUS_Kalmykia" "0.0194"

I obviously have a higher cut of steppe ancestry compared to Peloponnesians in general and especially southeastern Laconians, which I think is from my father's side, considering that my mother's results are more less in line with the average.
    Haven't you tested your father yet?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast