Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: New Layout for Matches

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    385
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
    I see, it does look slightly different than mine. You have percentages and a view match button. Whereas I have to tap on the matches name to view and don’t have any percentages. Would you mind showing a screen shot of how it looks when you view a match?
    AncestryDNA New Configuration.png2.png
    This is my Sister's if that helps
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

     jadegreg (12-09-2020),  JMcB (12-07-2020)

  3. #12
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,775
    Sex
    Location
    Florida, USA.
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish & Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT80854
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2
    mtDNA (P)
    K1

    England Scotland Ireland Germany Bayern Italy Two Sicilies France
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    This is my Sister's if that helps
    Thanks!
    Paper Trail: 42.25% English, 31.25% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French. Or: 86% British Isles, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
    LDNA(c): 86.3% British Isles (48.6% English, 37.7% Scottish & Irish), 7.8% NW Germanic, 5.9% Europe South (Aegean 3.4%, Tuscany 1.3%, Sardinia 1.1%)
    BigY 700: I1-Z140 >I-F2642 >Y1966 >Y3649 >A13241 >Y3647 >A13248 (circa 620 AD) >A13242/YSEQ (circa 765 AD) >FT80854 (circa 1650 AD).

  4. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,137
    Sex
    Location
    Brisbane
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T-P322 (T1a2b1)
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1

    Australia Cornwall England Scotland Germany Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    Attachment 41591

    Nope Not talking about ThruLines which is old stuff.. This seems to be a Beta which a few people have or had.. some in other countries.. I am in US.. Someone I know well has it but says it was hard to work..
    Screen shot.. First time that Ancestry Showed % I think.. My grandson is 27% ..I had estimated 30% prior to this..
    It is certainly a new layout
    The bit on the left is new in that the groups used to be way over on the right. But now they are under the name of the match.

    There are no notes.
    Kathlingram, do you have any notes that would normally be in that screen? Or have they taken them away from that screen?

    Percentages are great for beginners and those who have close matches together with close tree mysteries.
    But for most of my matches, it's just a trail of leading zeroes.
    I guess it may feel like home for 23andMe users.
    The largest segment cM size has gone.
    That's not a big thing for me, but the information it provided was more valuable to me than a percentage description of the overall cM match.
    But then I am not a beginner.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saetro For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (12-07-2020)

  6. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,376
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21>FGC6545>Y160102
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1b2h
    mtDNA (P)
    H27e

    Ireland Ireland Connacht Ireland County Roscommon Ireland County Galway Ireland County Mayo
    I've had the common ancestors feature for months. However, I don't have the % DNA shared or 'view match' button.

    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Y-DNA (P) ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    mtDNA (P) ancestor: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA (M) ancestor: McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA Great grandfather: Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)
    Y-DNA 2x great grandfather: Higgins b. c1816 in Co. Roscommon (R-DF109)
    Y-DNA 3x great grandfather: Fleming b. c1829 in Co. Roscommon (R-Z23534)

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FionnSneachta For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (12-07-2020),  Saetro (12-08-2020)

  8. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    385
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by FionnSneachta View Post
    I've had the common ancestors feature for months. However, I don't have the % DNA shared or 'view match' button.

    Yes I also have had common ancestors.. I would think a year? This that is showing is different in some ways.. It actually only show "Common Ancestors" if you select it..
    Also it shows right away how many custom groups have made or utilized for each person and what they are..
    It is NOT showing the number of segments you have right off but if you CLICK to LOOK at the person it does..

    My Sister's shows when you look at the matches this:"
    Sister 46% - 53% shared DNA | 2,579 cM, Linked tree 5,219 People, Common ancestor, View match ,11 custom groups, Sister

    If You CLICK to "VIEW MATCH"..(Still my sister) It says :"Predicted relationship: Sister,46% - 53% shared DNA | 2,579 cM across 41 segments, Add/edit groups ( shows the color groups themselves)

    and OF COURSE it is showing the Common Ancestor, SHARED SURNAMES and all the stuff that it did before..

    If you CLICK the Common ANCESTOR it goes to your tree and THRULINES :"ThruLines uses Ancestry® trees to suggest that you may be related to 2 DNA matches through William Charles Carrow."

    It's just a little more complete
    Last edited by Kathlingram; 12-10-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

     jadegreg (12-14-2020),  JMcB (12-10-2020),  Saetro (12-14-2020),  Uzi (12-13-2020)

  10. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    Yes I also have had common ancestors.. I would think a year? This that is showing is different in some ways.. It actually only show "Common Ancestors" if you select it..
    Also it shows right away how many custom groups have made or utilized for each person and what they are..
    It is NOT showing the number of segments you have right off but if you CLICK to LOOK at the person it does..

    My Sister's shows when you look at the matches this:"
    Sister 46% - 53% shared DNA | 2,579 cM, Linked tree 5,219 People, Common ancestor, View match ,11 custom groups, Sister

    If You CLICK to "VIEW MATCH"..(Still my sister) It says :"Predicted relationship: Sister,46% - 53% shared DNA | 2,579 cM across 41 segments, Add/edit groups ( shows the color groups themselves)

    and OF COURSE it is showing the Common Ancestor, SHARED SURNAMES and all the stuff that it did before..

    If you CLICK the Common ANCESTOR it goes to your tree and THRULINES :"ThruLines uses Ancestry® trees to suggest that you may be related to 2 DNA matches through William Charles Carrow."

    It's just a little more complete
    Very helpful! Thank you.

  11. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    385
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Ancestry DNA New Feature 2021.png

    This is new for me..Anyone else?
    What is new is the GREEN "VIEW MATCH"
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

  12. #18
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,376
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21>FGC6545>Y160102
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1b2h
    mtDNA (P)
    H27e

    Ireland Ireland Connacht Ireland County Roscommon Ireland County Galway Ireland County Mayo
    It looks new but not a particularly useful addition. What is new is that I had to log in through the US site to actually view my DNA kits. The UK site keeps redirecting me to the https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/ireland-dna web page for Irish people to buy DNA kits. My kit appears briefly on the usual DNA page but gets immediately redirected. Really irritating.
    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Y-DNA (P) ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    mtDNA (P) ancestor: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA (M) ancestor: McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA Great grandfather: Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)
    Y-DNA 2x great grandfather: Higgins b. c1816 in Co. Roscommon (R-DF109)
    Y-DNA 3x great grandfather: Fleming b. c1829 in Co. Roscommon (R-Z23534)

  13. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    385
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by FionnSneachta View Post
    It looks new but not a particularly useful addition. What is new is that I had to log in through the US site to actually view my DNA kits. The UK site keeps redirecting me to the https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/ireland-dna web page for Irish people to buy DNA kits. My kit appears briefly on the usual DNA page but gets immediately redirected. Really irritating.
    UGH That would be irritating.. Thanks for feedback too.. I couldn't see why they did the change except for clarity for new testers..
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

     FionnSneachta (01-15-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Small matches aren't always necessarily false matches?
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2020, 09:44 AM
  2. Your forum layout is a disaster
    By Geborgenheit in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-02-2019, 10:11 PM
  3. New Forum Layout
    By Anglecynn in forum Forum Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2018, 11:40 PM
  4. Ftdna matches with registry matches
    By vettor in forum FTDNA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
  5. 23andMe layout change
    By DMXX in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •