Thread: J-L70 and French Noble Lines (According to my paternal genealogy)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-FT63319

J-L70 and French Noble Lines (According to my paternal genealogy)

J-L70 is one interesting clade. The reason I'm sharing this info is to hopefully gain more clarity on my paternal line and anyone who researches this clade. The legend in my family is that my paternal ancestors were Normans. Which from looking at my ancestry is true, but my paternal line wasn't Norman. They were Gothic/Frankish nobles that welcomed the Normans and married into their families. I even traced the exact lineage outlined in a book written by my ancestor. (J2a and J2b has been found in Merovingian graves). Here's the line talked about in the book written by Howland Perrin. It's not the first or only Norman marriage in my family. Just further evidence of the work done my by dead relative. Maybe France was once much more rich with this haplogroup, but due to religious wars and the revolution. They all were killed or spread all over.

https://archive.org/details/danielperrintheh1910perr

Hugh Sire of Barneville circa 1033s
    Sire Roger de Barneville circa 1098s
    William de Barneville circa 1160s
    DAUGHTER: Nicolaa de Lucy (de Barneville) circa 1180s
    HUSBAND: Maurice de Lucy
    Son: Jordan de Lucy de Barneville circa 1209
    WIFE: UNKNOWN
    DAUGHTER: Alianor de Lucy de Saumarez circa 1225
    HUSBAND: Nicholas de Sausmarez
    Son: Matthieu de Sausmarez circa 1245
    WIFE: Alicia de Sausmarez de St. Remy
    DAUGHTER: Nicholaa de Sausmarez cira 1313
    HUSBAND: Jean Perrin (This is where my Perrin(e) family married into this particular Norman line)
    SON: Dominique Perrin
    Jean Perrin
    Guillaue Perrin
    Johan Perrin
    John Perrin
    Dominique Perrin
    Edmund Perrin, Seigneur of Rozel
    Hugh Perrin
    Dominque Perrin
    Comte Du Perrin aka Louis Perrin
    Pierre Perrin (Count Pierre)
    Daniel "The Huguenot" Perrin (Came to America, 1665)
    Henry Perrin
    John Perrine
    Peter Perrine
    James Mount Perrine
    Isaac H. Perrine
    Raymond Ely Perrine (Great Grandfather)
    Lyman Perrine (My Grandfather)
    Lyman Eric Perrine (My Father)
    Lyman Eric Perrine Jr (Me)

The origin of my Perrin surname goes back to Languedoc France(Southern France). Which isn't surprising considering the paper about Greek and Phoenician colonization, Even though I would replace "Phoenician" with "Judean" considering how most scholars usually classify Phoenicians with ancient Israelites in my opinion. The Romans probably spread it due to religious wars. Apparently my ancestors were pretty stiff necked towards the papal crown even before becoming Huguenots.

Here's the info translated from Dictionnaire de la noblesse, contenant les généalogies

DE PERRIN De BRASSAC, a former knighthood house in Languedoc, where it has been known by descent and possession of seigneurial lands, since the beginning of the twelfth century, and which adds to the advantage of the highest seniority that of establishing it by a long continuity of military services, and through alliances with all that is of most distinguished order of the noblessse of Languedoc. His titles date back to his ancestry

I. Deodat From Penrin, lord of the Balme (1), which , in the month of May 1116, made donation of his body, and of several of his property to the church of Saint-Genies of Pafam2. He married Huguette de Beauregard, which consented with Raymond, his eldest son, William Perrin , his brother, the act of a sale to Henry of Cabanis, of all their properties in places of Fromentès and ofMirabel, the seventh holiday month of July 115 °: Children of Deodat and of Huguette de Beauregard are:

1 °. Raimond, whose article follows; , 2 °. Arnaud de Perrin , to whom confirmed the act of ^ .1 3 °. Lamech of Perrin , J 1116;

P. Guillaume de Perrin , who confirmed the act of 1116, and consented to that of 115o.

IL Raimond De Perrin, I st . of the name, Lord of Balme, consented to the donation made by his father, in the year 1116, to the church of Saint-Geniès de Palama. By act of the ideas of May 1133, Aimeric, viscount of Narbonne, Fai subdued the masages of Ginestet and Falgairolles. Raimond de Perrin made, on the 6th of the Calends of September 1158, an act of engagement with Bertrande Forelle, of

(1) La Balme, in Languedoc. This seigneury remained in the house of Perrin until the end of the fourteenth century

all its properties in the castle of Lunas, and the villages of Lunas and of Diana; passed a lease in fief, jointly with Rixende d'Arlos , his wife, and Guillaume de Perrin , their eldest son; passed another similar act agreed to by the same, from a house located in the masage of Ginestet, in favor of Pierre Titrerii, dated the ides of May 1162. Raimond 1 st . had the following children:

i °. Guillaume, who continues the line;

2 °. Hugues de Perrin ;

3 *. Ermessende de Perrin, married, to Ermengaud de Saint-Amit, alive in 1178.

III. Guillaume De Perrin, I ". Of the name, Lord of the Balme, settled, by deed of the sixth bank holiday of November 1178, with Ermessende de Perrin, his sister, wife of Ermengaud de Saint - Amit, about the successions of Raimond Perrin and of Rixende Arlos, their father and mother did, together with Gar- sendis, his wife, a commitment of fief to Peter of Rouis, by act of October H90 , and made donations to various properties situated instead ofGinestet and Falgairolles , at the abbey of Valmagne, the seventh public holiday in March 1 195. His children were:

i °. Pictavin de Perrin, which follows;

2 0 . Perrin's Radulphe , ").,

3 °. Guillaume de Perrin , f

W. Pictavin De Perrin , knight, lord of the Ralme, confirmed the donation made by his father to the abbey of Valmagne, the year 1195; acquired, jointly with Radulphe de Perrin , his younger brother, the masage of Falgairolles , from Pierre d'Avaune, by deed of 12 calends of July 1225; Raimond de Perrin, his son, made, in his name, on the third holiday of December 1234.7 an act of Da il of honorary fiefs, located in the parish of Saint-Martinde Vinay, in Déodat de Luppé. Pictavin had married Bertre, from whom he had:

i °. Raimond II, whose article follows;

2 0 . Pierre Perrin , to live in the month of May

3 °. Arnaud de Perrin, 3 * 2g2 ;

4. 0 . Pons de Perrin , Lord of Puech, who crossed paths under King Saint Louis, and was killed at the siege of Saint-Jean d'Acre, in Palestine. It is

[ocr errors]
    recalled in the will of Raimond II, of 1292. He left two sons, Pierre and Béringuier, to whom William II, Lord of Balme, substitutes his property in the absence of his children, by his will of 13og.

V. Raimond De Perrin , II e . of the name, knight; Lord of Balme et de Tabac, is known by the deed of December 12 34, reported on the degree of his father. The year 1283, Raymond Perrin was ordered to be in Bordeaux, horses and weapons with the people of his suite to accompany Philip the Bold is war (1). He served in the King of Majorca's expedition in 1386 (2), and made his will on the 12th of Calends of May 1292, in which he recalls his brothers, Pectavin, his father, and Bertre, his mother.j as well as Beatrix de Montclar, his wife; Angel de Mons, wife of noble Guillaume de Perrin , his eldest son, whom he institutes as his universal heir, substituting his other sons in the order of primogeniture. These children are:

î "William II, which follows article;.
    2 0 . Arnaud Perrin, \ mentioned in Testament
    3". Deodat of Perrin , f ment of Guillaume of
    4 °. Hubert de Perrin, / Perrin , their brother, from
    5 ". Bertre de Perrin, August 1309.

VI. Guillaume De Perrin, II e . name, squire, 'Lord of the Balme and of Vairac, made in the presence of his father, lé 3 calends of March 1260, an act of laudime, a house in the suburb of Carcassonne in favor of Pierre Amiel . At the end of September 13o6, Guillaume de Perrin was one of the twelve barons of the viscount of Narbonrie, who served as assessors to Jean d'Aùnet, seneschal of Carcassonne, who condemned to death the eight consuls ofCarcassonne, for the crime of lèze-majesté. William II made his will the Ides of August i3og , in which he made mention of his father Raymond Perrin and of

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leperrine For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (01-30-2021),  J.delajara (12-14-2020),  jstephan (12-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    Possibly R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a3a1

England North of England Ireland Scotland Germany Romani Star of David
    Nobility was never "pure" to begin with. I too come from French nobility on one line of my family tree and the amount of actual French input is low. My ancestor Joan Alencon's French noble ancestry can be traced back through France to Germany to Byzantinium to Eastern Europe to Persia, Armenia, India and even Han China. She was a direct descendant of William the Conqueror. Her paternal grandmother was one of the Viscontis of Milan, and through her mother she came from Spanish, German and Hungarian royalty. Again, all significantly mixed.
    Target: mildlycurly_scaled
    Distance: 1.3578% / 0.01357814
    57.0 Irish
    37.6 English
    2.6 Roma_Barcelona
    1.8 Ashkenazi_Germany
    1.0 Roma_Granada

Current research interest(s): The Viscontis of Milan

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlycurly For This Useful Post:

J.delajara (12-15-2020),  jstephan (12-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-FT63319

Of course, as having “noble” ancestors doesn’t mean anything to me in my day to day life. Its useful mostly due to having records of parentage that can help trace how my L70 line got to France. The myth is that the Merovingian rulers were Scythian.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leperrine For This Useful Post:

J.delajara (12-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Nationality
    South African
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L70
    mtDNA (M)
    HV1b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-L816

Israel Jerusalem Star of David Israel South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by leperrine View Post
    J-L70 is one interesting clade. The reason I'm sharing this info is to hopefully gain more clarity on my paternal line and anyone who researches this clade. The legend in my family is that my paternal ancestors were Normans. Which from looking at my ancestry is true, but my paternal line wasn't Norman. They were Gothic/Frankish nobles that welcomed the Normans and married into their families. I even traced the exact lineage outlined in a book written by my ancestor. (J2a and J2b has been found in Merovingian graves). Here's the line talked about in the book written by Howland Perrin. It's not the first or only Norman marriage in my family. Just further evidence of the work done my by dead relative. Maybe France was once much more rich with this haplogroup, but due to religious wars and the revolution. They all were killed or spread all over.

https://archive.org/details/danielperrintheh1910perr

Hugh Sire of Barneville circa 1033s
    Sire Roger de Barneville circa 1098s
    William de Barneville circa 1160s
    DAUGHTER: Nicolaa de Lucy (de Barneville) circa 1180s
    HUSBAND: Maurice de Lucy
    Son: Jordan de Lucy de Barneville circa 1209
    WIFE: UNKNOWN
    DAUGHTER: Alianor de Lucy de Saumarez circa 1225
    HUSBAND: Nicholas de Sausmarez
    Son: Matthieu de Sausmarez circa 1245
    WIFE: Alicia de Sausmarez de St. Remy
    DAUGHTER: Nicholaa de Sausmarez cira 1313
    HUSBAND: Jean Perrin (This is where my Perrin(e) family married into this particular Norman line)
    SON: Dominique Perrin
    Jean Perrin
    Guillaue Perrin
    Johan Perrin
    John Perrin
    Dominique Perrin
    Edmund Perrin, Seigneur of Rozel
    Hugh Perrin
    Dominque Perrin
    Comte Du Perrin aka Louis Perrin
    Pierre Perrin (Count Pierre)
    Daniel "The Huguenot" Perrin (Came to America, 1665)
    Henry Perrin
    John Perrine
    Peter Perrine
    James Mount Perrine
    Isaac H. Perrine
    Raymond Ely Perrine (Great Grandfather)
    Lyman Perrine (My Grandfather)
    Lyman Eric Perrine (My Father)
    Lyman Eric Perrine Jr (Me)

The origin of my Perrin surname goes back to Languedoc France(Southern France). Which isn't surprising considering the paper about Greek and Phoenician colonization, Even though I would replace "Phoenician" with "Judean" considering how most scholars usually classify Phoenicians with ancient Israelites in my opinion. The Romans probably spread it due to religious wars. Apparently my ancestors were pretty stiff necked towards the papal crown even before becoming Huguenots.

Here's the info translated from Dictionnaire de la noblesse, contenant les généalogies

DE PERRIN De BRASSAC, a former knighthood house in Languedoc, where it has been known by descent and possession of seigneurial lands, since the beginning of the twelfth century, and which adds to the advantage of the highest seniority that of establishing it by a long continuity of military services, and through alliances with all that is of most distinguished order of the noblessse of Languedoc. His titles date back to his ancestry

I. Deodat From Penrin, lord of the Balme (1), which , in the month of May 1116, made donation of his body, and of several of his property to the church of Saint-Genies of Pafam2. He married Huguette de Beauregard, which consented with Raymond, his eldest son, William Perrin , his brother, the act of a sale to Henry of Cabanis, of all their properties in places of Fromentès and ofMirabel, the seventh holiday month of July 115 °: Children of Deodat and of Huguette de Beauregard are:

1 °. Raimond, whose article follows; , 2 °. Arnaud de Perrin , to whom confirmed the act of ^ .1 3 °. Lamech of Perrin , J 1116;

P. Guillaume de Perrin , who confirmed the act of 1116, and consented to that of 115o.

IL Raimond De Perrin, I st . of the name, Lord of Balme, consented to the donation made by his father, in the year 1116, to the church of Saint-Geniès de Palama. By act of the ideas of May 1133, Aimeric, viscount of Narbonne, Fai subdued the masages of Ginestet and Falgairolles. Raimond de Perrin made, on the 6th of the Calends of September 1158, an act of engagement with Bertrande Forelle, of

(1) La Balme, in Languedoc. This seigneury remained in the house of Perrin until the end of the fourteenth century

all its properties in the castle of Lunas, and the villages of Lunas and of Diana; passed a lease in fief, jointly with Rixende d'Arlos , his wife, and Guillaume de Perrin , their eldest son; passed another similar act agreed to by the same, from a house located in the masage of Ginestet, in favor of Pierre Titrerii, dated the ides of May 1162. Raimond 1 st . had the following children:

i °. Guillaume, who continues the line;

2 °. Hugues de Perrin ;

3 *. Ermessende de Perrin, married, to Ermengaud de Saint-Amit, alive in 1178.

III. Guillaume De Perrin, I ". Of the name, Lord of the Balme, settled, by deed of the sixth bank holiday of November 1178, with Ermessende de Perrin, his sister, wife of Ermengaud de Saint - Amit, about the successions of Raimond Perrin and of Rixende Arlos, their father and mother did, together with Gar- sendis, his wife, a commitment of fief to Peter of Rouis, by act of October H90 , and made donations to various properties situated instead ofGinestet and Falgairolles , at the abbey of Valmagne, the seventh public holiday in March 1 195. His children were:

i °. Pictavin de Perrin, which follows;

2 0 . Perrin's Radulphe , ").,

3 °. Guillaume de Perrin , f

W. Pictavin De Perrin , knight, lord of the Ralme, confirmed the donation made by his father to the abbey of Valmagne, the year 1195; acquired, jointly with Radulphe de Perrin , his younger brother, the masage of Falgairolles , from Pierre d'Avaune, by deed of 12 calends of July 1225; Raimond de Perrin, his son, made, in his name, on the third holiday of December 1234.7 an act of Da il of honorary fiefs, located in the parish of Saint-Martinde Vinay, in Déodat de Luppé. Pictavin had married Bertre, from whom he had:

i °. Raimond II, whose article follows;

2 0 . Pierre Perrin , to live in the month of May

3 °. Arnaud de Perrin, 3 * 2g2 ;

4. 0 . Pons de Perrin , Lord of Puech, who crossed paths under King Saint Louis, and was killed at the siege of Saint-Jean d'Acre, in Palestine. It is

[ocr errors]
    recalled in the will of Raimond II, of 1292. He left two sons, Pierre and Béringuier, to whom William II, Lord of Balme, substitutes his property in the absence of his children, by his will of 13og.

V. Raimond De Perrin , II e . of the name, knight; Lord of Balme et de Tabac, is known by the deed of December 12 34, reported on the degree of his father. The year 1283, Raymond Perrin was ordered to be in Bordeaux, horses and weapons with the people of his suite to accompany Philip the Bold is war (1). He served in the King of Majorca's expedition in 1386 (2), and made his will on the 12th of Calends of May 1292, in which he recalls his brothers, Pectavin, his father, and Bertre, his mother.j as well as Beatrix de Montclar, his wife; Angel de Mons, wife of noble Guillaume de Perrin , his eldest son, whom he institutes as his universal heir, substituting his other sons in the order of primogeniture. These children are:

î "William II, which follows article;.
    2 0 . Arnaud Perrin, \ mentioned in Testament
    3". Deodat of Perrin , f ment of Guillaume of
    4 °. Hubert de Perrin, / Perrin , their brother, from
    5 ". Bertre de Perrin, August 1309.

VI. Guillaume De Perrin, II e . name, squire, 'Lord of the Balme and of Vairac, made in the presence of his father, lé 3 calends of March 1260, an act of laudime, a house in the suburb of Carcassonne in favor of Pierre Amiel . At the end of September 13o6, Guillaume de Perrin was one of the twelve barons of the viscount of Narbonrie, who served as assessors to Jean d'Aùnet, seneschal of Carcassonne, who condemned to death the eight consuls ofCarcassonne, for the crime of lèze-majesté. William II made his will the Ides of August i3og , in which he made mention of his father Raymond Perrin and of
    Given that your paternal line is from Southern France, your paternal line may have arrived there either via the Greeks (picked up in Anatolia - could be supported by the Turkish individual one level upstream from you) or via a Roman settler (picked up in the Levant - supported by the Al-Qudah Jordanians).
    Other Y-DNA:

Maternal 6X Great Grandfather J1-ZS10441

Target: SUPREEEEEME_scaled
    Distance: 2.0548% / 0.02054790
    38.4 Levant_Ashkelon_LBA
    36.2 HRV_IA
    8.6 Canary_Islands_Guanche
    8.0 DEU_MA_Alemannic
    7.4 Baltic_LTU_Late_Antiquity_low_res
    1.4 CHN_Chuanyun_Historic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SUPREEEEEME For This Useful Post:

leperrine (12-18-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-FT63319

Found an interesting link to the Perrin family. I think I finally found the origin of this family. It's with Peter I. Son of King Louis IX. Not sure If they are direct descendants of Peter I or named after him. (Pierre, Peter and Perrin are interchangeable.) At any rate I'm sure my ancestors were Templars.

Interesting bits: The founding of this family(records) were found in the House of D'Anjou. - The Capetian House of Anjou was a royal house and cadet branch of the direct French House of Capet, part of the Capetian dynasty. It is one of three separate royal houses referred to as Angevin, meaning "from Anjou" in France. Founded by Charles I of Anjou, the youngest son of Louis VIII of France, the Capetian king first ruled the Kingdom of Sicily during the 13th century. Later the War of the Sicilian Vespers forced him out of the island of Sicily, leaving him with the southern half of the Italian Peninsula — the Kingdom of Naples. The house and its various branches would go on to influence much of the history of Southern and Central Europe during the Middle Ages, until becoming defunct in 1435. link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capetian_House_of_Anjou

HELLAUT DE VALLIÈRE . Comte d'Alençon, swore on the Gospels
    The arms of Perriers are: Azure , sown to observe his wishes. In 1319, La Perrière of tears gold ; the lion of the same , armed , was affignée for part of the shares granted to Prince Louis , son of the third wife lampassé & crowned with appetizers , stitching of Philippe DE Valois; but by the shares on the whole.

Philip made the same April 23, 1326, in Perrin , formerly PERIN, PIERCHARLES, Count of Alençon, it is reserved the RIN or Pairin, former Family, Castle outcome of the Ferriere & one of Belleme , of noble race & line , established in Castres, in & the right to take in the forest of Bel- | Languedoc, & divided into several branches. even the wood necessary for the use of its NextunMemoir , or a Notice sent , Castles . It is quite probable that Ma on this ancient Nobleffe, at the Libraire, & haut de Saint - Paul , widow of Charles, enjoys what was given to us on July 15, 1775, as a dower of these two Castles , or that they mark that it is today divided into him were ceded at that time by the same four remaining branches , & which it draws PHILIPPE DE Valois. They did not form part of its origin from that ofla Baulme - Saint of the goods which returned to Charles after the Amour , Lord of Balme-sur-Cerdon, in death of Louis. However, we see that in Brefle, which fubfiftoit in 1086. The filiation following the Château de Bellême & that of the follow-up of this Family begins in Perrière are found in the Maison D'ANJOU.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leperrine For This Useful Post:

J.delajara (12-30-2020)