Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive migrations from Steppes to Bronze Age India was indeed a myth?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Nationality
    Serb
    Y-DNA (P)
    PH908>A5913>A22312

Serbia Montenegro Bosnia and Herzegovina Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Thank you very much...Do you have a link for the Medieval Pakistan Y-DNA results as well?
    There are only seven Medieval male samples with enough coverage. I added them to another sheet.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pribislav For This Useful Post:

J Man (01-14-2021),  Jatt1 (01-14-2021),  ThaYamamoto (01-14-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    LOL. India has seen multiple waves of West Eurasian migrations. These people just need to get over it.
    There have been a few reverse migrations to my knowledge like in the formation of Iran_Neolithic group if I recall correctly.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

Quote Originally Posted by Max_H View Post
    There have been a few reverse migrations to my knowledge like in the formation of Iran_Neolithic group if I recall correctly.
    Could you explain what you mean?

Registered Users
    Sex

Could you explain what you mean?
    Some ADMIXTOOLs runs that some users did here as well as Lazaridis 2018 that showed that Iranian Neolithic farmers had some East Eurasian affinities.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

Some ADMIXTOOLs runs that some users did here as well as Lazaridis 2018 that showed that Iranian Neolithic farmers had some East Eurasian affinities.
    Yea some models show a small contribution of AASI (~10%) to Iran_N but like you said in the North African thread I can't think of any haplogroups that would account for this (unless R2a picked up AASI admixture in Central Asia?).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

I'd estimate it's probably closer to 30% (Not AASI-like specifically, more a generalized East-Eurasian). Uniparentals? K1, H2? Even G who knows.
    All we can eliminate as possibilities in the potential Iran_N haplogroup pool I'd say are E, J, R2
    Collection of 14,000 d-stats: Hidden Content Part 2: Hidden Content Part 3: Hidden Content PM me for d-stats, qpadm, qpgraph, or f3-outgroup nmonte models.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kale For This Useful Post:

parasar (01-15-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Yea some models show a small contribution of AASI (~10%) to Iran_N but like you said in the North African thread I can't think of any haplogroups that would account for this (unless R2a picked up AASI admixture in Central Asia?).
    In the North African thread I took issue with East African-like ancestry in most West Eurasian populations which is quite new and imo spurious.

And indeed I meant a small contribution, not specificially AASI I should say but from an eastern source. Add to that of course, the East Eurasian admixture in Ancient North Eurasians.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    I'd estimate it's probably closer to 30% (Not AASI-like specifically, more a generalized East-Eurasian). Uniparentals? K1, H2? Even G who knows.
    All we can eliminate as possibilities in the potential Iran_N haplogroup pool I'd say are E, J, R2
    If I recall correctly you had said that it's East Asian-like (on top of what ANE had) but without the Tianyuan component.

Since you mentioned E, that's likely a Basal Eurasian haplogroup right? Though E is still rarely found in most high Iran_N samples.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Interesting. That would make modern Iranians at least 10% East Eurasian via Iran_N alone.

Why would you exclude R2 but leave G open as an option to bringing this East Eurasian admixture to Iran? Especially when guys belonging to ydna PQR like Yana, Malta, AG3 and WSHG are about 25-36% East Eurasian?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

If I recall correctly you had said that it's East Asian-like (on top of what ANE had) but without the Tianyuan component.

Since you mentioned E, that's likely a Basal Eurasian haplogroup right? Though E is still rarely found in most high Iran_N samples.
    E seems more likely to be associated with ANA. For Basal I would guess G or H as the likeliest options personally.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast