Thread: Were Aryan Lineages replaced in Eastern Europe by Slavic Lineages ?

Registered Users
    Sex

Were Aryan Lineages replaced in Eastern Europe by Slavic Lineages ?

looking at the maps of the Eastern Russia we see that R1a z93 and other lineages were dominating in the Fatyanovo-Abashivo-Sintasta Period, i assume even in Middle Deniper Culture z93 lineage was present maybe in smaller number. but after they Scythain age it seems that Slavic migration replaced Aryan/Indo-Iranian lineages and communities with Slavic one in the region and today very very few z93 samples are there in Eastern Europe.

what is the reason behind this Replacement ? just the Slavic Migration ?

Pressure from Turkic and Hunnic groups that allowed complete replacement of Aryan lineages by Slavic as they were probably destroyed by Nomadic tribes ?

what is the name of this Replacement event ?

====

i hope you guys wont mind too many questions, i am a newbie in this area and i am interested in knowing history of Aryans in Europe and what they were and how they were in their original homeland. i use that information to compare with Vedic and Modern North Indian cultures. this data is useful when i explain AMT to fellow Indians.
    Last edited by VishwamitraSunuh; 01-04-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun/Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93 (Indo-Aryan)

Quote Originally Posted by VishwamitraSunuh View Post
    looking at the maps of the Eastern Russia we see that R1a z93 and other lineages were dominating in the Fatyanovo-Abashivo-Sintasta Period, i assume even in Middle Deniper Culture z93 lineage was present maybe in smaller number. but after they Scythain age it seems that Slavic migration replaced Aryan/Indo-Iranian lineages and communities with Slavic one in the region and today very very few z93 samples are there in Eastern Europe.

what is the reason behind this Replacement ? just the Slavic Migration ?

Pressure from Turkic and Hunnic groups that allowed complete replacement of Aryan lineages by Slavic as they were probably destroyed by Nomadic tribes ?

what is the name of this Replacement event ?

====

i hope you guys wont mind too many questions, i am a newbie in this area and i am interested in knowing history of Aryans in Europe and what they were and how they were in their original homeland. i use that information to compare with Vedic and Modern North Indian cultures. this data is useful when i explain AMT to fellow Indians.
    Slavs not replaced Fatyanovo and Z93 was unlikely the dominant marker in Central Russia when Slavs arrived. Rather Fatyanovo was earlier replaced by Finno-Ugrians and Baltic_BA-like types coming from Trzciniec-Komariv after 1500 B.C. I am not sure when Fatyanovo derived languages were exactly gone in Central Russia but probably around 1500 B.C .

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Alain (01-04-2021),  Michał (01-04-2021),  VishwamitraSunuh (01-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Netherlands Kenya
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Slavs not replaced Fatyanovo and Z93 was unlikely the dominant marker in Central Russia when Slavs arrived. Rather Fatyanovo was earlier replaced by Finno-Ugrians and Baltic_BA-like types coming from Trzciniec-Komariv after 1500 B.C. I am not sure when Fatyanovo derived languages were exactly gone in Central Russia but probably around 1500 B.C .
    To add to this, the replacement of the Fatyanovo culture materially did not really represent a disappearance of Indo-Iranians in the vicinity as by then they had expanded already and were living more southern basically, occupying the steppes and adjacent regions.

I think he is more referring to the regions such as Ukraine occupied by Scythian cultures rather than the western Russian forest zone where Fatyanovo resided.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Thanks for the reply, is this the reason why North Russia was Uralic Speaking before Slavic tribes migrated there .

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by CopperAxe View Post
    To add to this, the replacement of the Fatyanovo culture materially did not really represent a disappearance of Indo-Iranians in the vicinity as by then they had expanded already and were living more southern basically, occupying the steppes and adjacent regions.

I think he is more referring to the regions such as Ukraine occupied by Scythian cultures rather than the western Russian forest zone where Fatyanovo resided.
    Yes i was talking about Eastern and South Eastern Europe like former Fatyanovo lands, Ukraine and Southern Russia till the Ural mountain.

I excluded Andronovo Culture as it was located in Asia.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA (M)
    H76

European Union Poland Germany Lithuania Romania Ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperAxe View Post

But the Scythians came to this area a little later (further south of Faytanovo) and Faytanovo was a long way off. From the 800 century BC onwards, Scythians in the Black Sea region and the European steppe area were in contact with Uralic peoples who immigrated to this area a few centuries earlier, i.e. where Faytanovo used to be, Uralic peoples now settled in the forest steppe zone
    Last edited by Alain; 01-04-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-Sarmatian.

YourDNAPortal Calculator ancient K36

Kivutkalns_153_Latvia_BA 22
    DA112_Hallstatt-Bylany_800BC 19
    DA191_Hungary_Scythian 12
    IA_Wielbark_Mas_5_PL 11
    BA_Hungary_RISE254 7
    IA_Wielbark_Kow_25_PL 7
    LBA_Lithuania_RISE598 7
    IA_Britain_York_6DRIF22 6
    IA_EastKazachstan_Is2 6
    CHL_Iran_I1670 2

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    But the Scythians came to this area a little later (further south of Faytanovo) and Faytanovo was a long way off. From the 800 century BC onwards, Scythians in the Black Sea region and the European steppe area were in contact with Uralic peoples who immigrated to this area a few centuries earlier, i.e. where Faytanovo used to be, Uralic peoples now settled in the forest steppe zone
    what is the name of this migration event ?